Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter: Arizona trades Tim Hightower to Skins for Vonnie Holliday and pick

VetMinimum+Incentives

Awesome!

He watched the Cards draft Beanie and then Ryan Williams. Now his home-town team with a murky RB situation trades for him...that's the kind of guy who busts his ass for you and appreciates the opportunity. And he was already known as a great locker room guy and hard worker.

Notice a trend? Bringing in guys like Cofield, Bowen, and Hightower, all guys who recognize that we believe in them more than their last team and will let them prove their talent if they deserve it. Combine that with smart pickups like the Wilson pull, a draft full of blue-collar, team-captain type guys, and the trading of divas and media-whores like AH and McNabb, and I'm more excited than ever about this team!

yes! ding! and whatever else I can say to fully indorse and agree with this statement. for once the faithful have a reason to drink the kool aid.

Notice a trend? Bringing in guys like Cofield, Bowen, and Hightower, all guys who recognize that we believe in them more than their last team and will let them prove their talent if they deserve it. Combine that with smart pickups like the Wilson pull, a draft full of blue-collar, team-captain type guys, and the trading of divas and media-whores like AH and McNabb, and I'm more excited than ever about this team!

+1,000,000. I never thought I'd ever be this optimistic about our team's future.

Hmmmmmm interesting move. Holliday was still a decent situational player even at 35, but cutting ties was probably a good decision, especially if there was doubt about him even making the team. I'm curious to know what we gave up to get Hightower, I pretty sure he was a RFA if I'm not mistaken. If it's anything higher then a 6th....I think they gave up too much. Especially when Bradshaw was available without having to give up a pick and having more prolonged and consistent production.

The Skins NEEDED another running back one way or another. I don't know how many of those real young guys are actually going to back the team outside of Helu. In addition, he's a bigger, slightly slower version of Torrain so he's definitely good insurance. With that said, I wonder how good his pass protection is....for a "one-cut-and-go" running game, I'm kinda wondering why they went after Hightower and now Bradshaw....money i guess? The funny thing is that it seems as if the Philadelphia and Washington have traded "organizational brains" this year. We're being conservative with our spending and simply throwing money at everyone trying to fix a problem.

Let me get this straight.

We upgraded the Defense by getting Kerrigan, Otogwe, Bowen, Coefield and Wilson.

We upgraded our WR corps by getting Hankerson and Gaffney.

We upgraded our RB's with Helu and Hightower.

We are still working on our OL but we got Chester.

This team does not go after Blaine Gabbert and did not go after Vince Young or any other FA QB. This team looks awesome next year with Andrew Luck.

Couple of Cardinals fans on other forums I read are happy to be rid of Hightower , apparently his fumble problems are pretty bad. I still like the deal.

Consider the source man. The Cards have made some of the most ridiculous decisions i've ever seen so far this offseason so the fact that they're happy about this deal just goes to show how irrelevant their team/fanbase is in a nutshell lol.

The facepalm is giving up our best pass rushing defensive lineman AND a draft pick for a running back who fumbles more than Ladell Betts. I wouldn't dislike it so much if we kept the pick.

Do you really think Vonnie was going to make the squad?

I THINK I LIKE THIS PICKUP A LOT!!! I'll tell you why...

You know Shanny has a habit of developing unknown RBs and making them stars. If we can do that with two or three RBs over the next 1 - 2 years, we could trade one of them for additional picks. Shanny could be setting us up to have multiple picks in several rounds with this strategy. I like it, let's see what happens this season and next.

Archived