Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter: Arizona trades Tim Hightower to Skins for Vonnie Holliday and pick

VetMinimum+Incentives

Not necessarily per the tweet posted above, it just depends on whether the trade terms had any safeguard for the Cardinals:

john_keim John Keim

More from NFL: If Vonnie does not report & retires, then it depends on language of the terms of the trade. Otherwise, teams trade @ own risk

plus I don't think the Cards wanted him, it sounds like the Redskins offered him as part of the deal

You may be right. At first I thought it was bad news for Williams but thinking about the past week and the youth movement, Sellers is likely odd man out not to mention missing reps by working at TE. Not sure we need another TE. I really like Sellers and we all know some of the crushing blows he used to deliver but that was a few years ago. I still have a tough time shaking memories from that Bengals game a few years back too.

According to the twitter thread, we signed a TE earlier today.

Hmmm first I've heard of Keiland at FB. If that's true, he can also function as the 4th back, while still maintaining a fullback in an HBack style offense. I think Keiland, Sellers and Young are in competition for one spot.

Finally, a move the skins make that I actually like. Not that its addressing the serious offensive issues were dealing with at quarterback and the offensive line... But it does give us some very generous running back depth behind torain and we gave up very little to get him.

In addition, Hightower is not a feature back but he is a TD machine. I remember seeing multiple fantasy guru's saying he is a definite pickup for his TD scoring ability. I also never saw Shanahan going into the season with Torain and two rookie RBs.

Hightower is not a bad player but he isn't a superstar either. Maybe Shanahan sees something more. I am just not sold on the trade but knew that Holliday's days were numbered.

We don't need superstars we need players who want to work hard.

Not sold on getting rid of Vonnie Holiday??? Huh?

Hightower wont make or break our team, but he would contribute more than Vonnie, who in my opinion was a roster cut anyways.

Archived