Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter: Arizona trades Tim Hightower to Skins for Vonnie Holliday and pick

VetMinimum+Incentives

What did we give up in way of draft picks is waht I want to know? If it is a 7th I will not complain too much- but still don't like it, if it is another ****ing McNabb trade away the farm give away I am going !@#$%^& ballistic!

Yes. We traded away the farm for Tim Hightower.

Question: the pick we gave up was conditional. Is it possible that the round of the pick was dependent on Vonnie cooperating? For example, the trade was "Vonnie might retire, so if he shows up and plays you get a 7th, but if he doesn't show you get our highest pick in the 6th round" or something similar?

We definitely needed a receiving/pass blocking back so I'm a fan of the trade. As a runner I dont know that he's much of a change of pace from Torain (straight ahead, power runner) like Bradshaw would be. But he's cheaper and from what I understand, a better character guy. I like the move, assuming it goes through.

Now that Brown and hopefully Hightower are in... I want more! Who's next?? :)

Question: the pick we gave up was conditional. Is it possible that the round of the pick was dependent on Vonnie cooperating? For example, the trade was "Vonnie might retire, so if he shows up and plays you get a 7th, but if he doesn't show you get our highest pick in the 6th round" or something similar?

I believe its conditional based on play time, at least according to Schefter

@AdamSchefter: AZ trading RB Tim Hightower to #Redskins for conditional late-round pick based on play time along with DE Vonnie Holliday.

I believe its conditional based on play time, at least according to Schefter

@AdamSchefter: AZ trading RB Tim Hightower to #Redskins for conditional late-round pick based on play time along with DE Vonnie Holliday.

I caught, that, I'm just curious if it's possible that the pick became more valuable dependent upon Holliday showing up. So if Holliday shows up and doesn't retire, the pick starts in round 7 and goes up with Hightower's PT, but if Holliday does retire, the pick starts in round 6 and goes up from there.

I caught, that, I'm just curious if it's possible that the pick became more valuable dependent upon Holliday showing up. So if Holliday shows up and doesn't retire, the pick starts in round 7 and goes up with Hightower's PT, but if Holliday does retire, the pick starts in round 6 and goes up from there.

John Keim also tweeted some stuff of interest earlier as well.

john_keim John Keim

From the NFL: If Vonnie does not report to the Cards, he would be subject to a fine under the terms of the CBA. #Redskins

john_keim John Keim

More from NFL: If Vonnie does not report & retires, then it depends on language of the terms of the trade. Otherwise, teams trade @ own risk

Hightower is an upgrade over Keiland Williams as a 3rd down back.

Still a two horse race between Helu and Torain to be the feature back.

This seems right on. I do like this move and also agree with another poster that said he wouldnt be happy about it if he was a Cards fan. Seems like you'd want to have a good pass blocking RB when you just invested a ton in your new QB.

At any rate...other than being a hard runner, I seem to remember hightower as a nice pass catcher out of the backfield too...

I guess Vonnie must have been one of the few to not see this coming. We moved Daniels. Brought in and drafted DL. He is 35 and its obvious Shanny is making lots of changes most all of which are making us younger. He even released Rabach. Our defense was atrocious, Vonnie and all the others should have eeked out a few sacks since offenses would focus all their attention on Rak. It didnt take much to be a sack leader on our sackless D. Its not enough to book you would never be released.

Vonnie may not realize it just yet, but he may very well be going to a better team

What did we give up in way of draft picks is waht I want to know? If it is a 7th I will not complain too much- but still don't like it, if it is another ****ing McNabb trade away the farm give away I am going !@#$%^& ballistic!

Relax. It's a conditional late round pick. Beyond that we've already added additional fourth and sixth round selections for 2012. Considering the success rates of late round picks and Shanhan/Allen's willingness to trade on draft day to add picks I wouldn't sweat it.

Not necessarily trying. He is a FB now. He's an excellent blocker. I think it will be young and Williams at full back and Sellers will be cut.
You may be right. At first I thought it was bad news for Williams but thinking about the past week and the youth movement, Sellers is likely odd man out not to mention missing reps by working at TE. Not sure we need another TE. I really like Sellers and we all know some of the crushing blows he used to deliver but that was a few years ago. I still have a tough time shaking memories from that Bengals game a few years back too.

Wait so if Vonnie Holliday retires then the deal is void?

Not necessarily per the tweet posted above, it just depends on whether the trade terms had any safeguard for the Cardinals:

john_keim John Keim

More from NFL: If Vonnie does not report & retires, then it depends on language of the terms of the trade. Otherwise, teams trade @ own risk

So, the Cards may have just given us Tim Hightower for a late round pick and a retired player :ols:

Archived