Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter: Arizona trades Tim Hightower to Skins for Vonnie Holliday and pick

VetMinimum+Incentives

Not a big fan of this trade. I would have preferred being in the running for Bradshaw who is a POWER run with good SPEED. Hightower isn't a huge talent addition to the roster, and he clogs up a already stacked RB unit.

Not a big fan of this trade. I would have preferred being in the running for Bradshaw who is a POWER run with good SPEED. Hightower isn't a huge talent addition to the roster, and he clogs up a already stacked RB unit.

But who else besides Torain has shown they can be a decent NFL running back on our roster right now? I wouldve preferred Bradshaw too but just saying..

To those concerned about a "logjam" at RB- not sure I follow. We probably had one running back (Torain) on the roster with any NFL experience and the ability to make it on other rosters besides ours. Young, solid depth is what we get in TH. We are getting younger by the minute. Hope the conditional pick is a 7th (to 6th if goes well). If Helu and Royster are the deal- there will be a spot on the roster. Wonder if there will be a battle between whether to keep 4 RBs or 7 WRs (if Helu or Royster can return kicks- might be bad news for Banks).

Goodbye Keiland Williams. What exactly do people not like about this trade? Another young yet experienced RB for Shanny to get the most out of. He's a good pass/blocker and short yardage guy at worst.

Anyone who thinks V. Holliday would have made the final cuts this season raise your hand. (There should be no hands up).

If you don't like this trade, then you just don't think teams should make low risk trades which make your team much younger and more athletic. Vinnie Cerrato hears your pain.

all other things omitted trading an unneeded back up DE that is 35 for a decent, at minimum, third down back that is 25, with experience is a good trade. AND we have enough picks in the next two drafts to not sweat a late round conditional pick. overall, great move.

Why did we just give up our best nickel rusher with our logjam of running backs?

because our logjam features at least a couple guys who've never played in the NFL and we already have at least three DE's set with Carriker, Bowen and Jenkins

granthpaulsen Grant Paulsen

by c4man5282

Hightower is respected for pass-protecting skills. Only 13 #NFL RB's stayed in backfield to block more than his 119 times in 2010. #Redskins

A Redskins back who's a good blocker? Seems familiar :)

Reading a Cardinals forum, they think they got the better of the deal. I guess they really had a need on the D-line, which we, obviously don't.

I just jogged over their myself- many of them wonder about the trading 25 year old (their only back who has "improved every year") for a 35 year old DE. I think the overall sentiment is similar to ours (mildly positive for us).

I guess I like this trade. Hightower is a solid RB but he is erratic and fumble prone. I know cuz I had him in fantasy football the past 2 years. So now we have Hightower, Torain, and Helu if I'm not mistaken. Should be able to get some decent rushing out of one of those RBs.

I just jogged over their myself- many of them wonder about the trading 25 year old (their only back who has "improved every year") for a 35 year old DE. I think the overall sentiment is similar to ours (mildly positive for us).

I think we got the better of the deal, but depending on playing time in this day and age a 35 year old DE could be on the roster later than a 25 year old RB.

I wonder if the new practice rules might extend RB's careers

You guys are gonna love TH. I hate to see him go, but at least he's going to an HC that knows how to use a RB. He's a good blocker in passing downs and can bust some runs. The big knock on him was his fumbles, if he can fix that he will become a fan favorite, he's a team player.

Thanks for the insight Red Dawn (Great Movie), I like the trade, what do the bird fans think of it? Are you guys hurting enough at DE, that would make VH a welcomed addition?

Archived