Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter: Arizona trades Tim Hightower to Skins for Vonnie Holliday and pick

VetMinimum+Incentives

Welcome back Jammal :applause:

Does this mean we are not still trying to sign Ryan Harris?

I don't understand the trade for Hightower whatsoever,is this to help relieve some of the carries for Torain/Helu? I really liked what Holliday was able to come in and provide last year so I have mixed feelings on this trade. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I like it. Hightower is very underrated, and only 25. More talent/youth/competition there. And Holliday is 108 years old, and merely depth at DE. I'd rather make room for young depth there.

I'm assuming it's a 7th that could improve to a 6th if he plays a lot.

Sounds like we got fleeced, this guy is nothing special.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're being sarcastic.

---------- Post added July-31st-2011 at 05:20 PM ----------

Man, I was really looking forward to Helu getting a lot of time. Maybe a three headed monster in Washington finally?

He still may, nothing is promised to any of these guys.

The more the merrier I suppose lol. I love the influx of talent we now have and this will just make the preseason alot more interesting to watch for sure. Stating the obvious here but we still need to address the offensive line a bit more. :doh:

Ok we just re-signed Jammal Brown to a new 5 year contract so i'm feeling alot betting about the offensive line in comparison to when I originally made this post 20 minutes ago.

VH was probably gonna get cut anyways. I say it was a quality transaction, plus we got a draft pick. What's not to like... Also, this adds more comp to the position.

I think they got a pick. We have them VH and a conditional pick

So what are we looking at depth chart opening day wise now? Gotta think it's:

Torain

Hightower

Helu?

Royster?

Man, I was really looking forward to Helu getting a lot of time. Maybe a three headed monster in Washington finally?

I think there is still a chance Helu makes a push for PT later in the year. With less time to prepare we're going to need a veteran guy that can come in and understand the playbook. I would have assumed that Williams/Torain/Davis could have filled out those spots but I guess ShannahAllen saw Hightower as an upgrade there. I'd assume he can play ST as well, which Torain is too fragile for and Helu is likely too small for. Considering most of our WR's don't/can't play coverage and Sellers may not be back with us we're going to need someone to cover kicks.

granthpaulsen Grant Paulsen

by c4man5282

Hightower is respected for pass-protecting skills. Only 13 #NFL RB's stayed in backfield to block more than his 119 times in 2010. #Redskins

Might explain it...

Helu was criticized for poor pass blocking at Nebraska. and Royster is a little guy...

Sounds like we got fleeced, this guy is nothing special.

Is this for real?

Yes, we got fleeced for an elderly depth DE and possible late pick, for a 25 year old RB who averaged 4.8 yards/carry behind a bad OL. :doh:

The ONLY thing this trade makes me regret is the Jarmon trade...but that's only if Holliday would have taken a roster spot JJ could have had, which is unlikely anyways.

Another case of our FO getting SOMETHING for a guy who was gonna get cut anyways.

It's an awesome trend:

Doug Dutch

Justin Tryon

Vonnie Holliday

Jeremy Jarmon

Dennis Morris

Donovan McNabb

Albert Haynesworth (probably)

i LOVE the move. he is a banger, has good size and good enough speed. 1 cut guy too, fits the system. can't have enough young rb's really, esp when they should be able to stash royster on the practice squad. also when looking at his 3 years in the league i like that his YPC average went up every year. means he has learned how to get yards at this level...

Nice, about time we we have an effective RBBC, plus added insurance if Torain ends up injured like last season. 25 year-old rb with pass protection as a +, who scores touchdowns, and has superbowl experience for an older DE falling further down the depth-chart with nearly every new defensive acquisition. I got no qualms with that.

Hate/Love this move. I want more attention focused elsewhere like the oline (still would like another guard and center) and the big hole at the #2 mlb, however I do like that we gave up what it's looking like a late pick and an aging dlineman who was probably going to have a tough time making the roster with all the attention focused on the dline this offseason.

I think we're going to carry 4 running backs on the roster this year (with 3 active on gameday), particularly given the troubles we had last year at the position and Torain's injury history. Torain, Hightower, Keiland Williams and Helu make the team, with Royster making the practice squad.

Hightower runs hard, can catch out of the backfield and can block. Seems like a promising fit in the system, and a good player to have in the rotation. Could see him getting 10-12 carries a game... A good move, and once again Shanahan surprises us all

Hightower is certainly an upgrade over the James Davis/Chad Simpson type players we were bringing in last year... Shanahan is doing a phenomenal job improving every one of the 53 available players on the roster, plus practice squad.

It'll be interesting to see who sticks around at RB this time next year

Archived