Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter: Arizona trades Tim Hightower to Skins for Vonnie Holliday and pick

VetMinimum+Incentives

I don't know what the conditional pick is so I can't say if I'm happy about this or not. Vonnie for Hightower makes sense to me because of age and the fact K Williams never impressed me. I figured he wouldn't make the team anyway. So now it's Torrain, Hightower, and one or two of the rookies depending on special teams ability. If it's a 4th or 5th I'm not all that thrilled. If it's a 6th or 7th I like it.

Great trade IMO

A young back with great potential for an old vet and a late rounder.

Love the competition at WR and RB this year, our 2 biggest weakness last year. May the best players win the roster spots. The days of gimme are over. You need to earn it.

Two biggest weaknesses? What team were you watching? The defensive line and our offensive line were our two biggest weaknesses.

Hightower is an experienced back who is more gifted catching the ball out of the backfield than he is running the ball but he's a pretty decent runner too. What intrigues me about this trade is the fact that Hightower has multiple 10+ catch games throughout his career. Those skills should be very helpful on 3rd down. An area that the offense has to improve dramatically if the skins will be competitive this season. I will miss Vonnie Holiday's leadership qualities but if there was a chance he was gonna be released anyway because of his age at some point this season, why not get a decent piece in a trade now? Nice move...

Has anyone heard what the "conditions" are for the conditional pick the Skins gave up?

They are being tight lipped lately about details... Kerrigan, Brown and now Hightower do not have details released.

I think they are trying to obscure how much cap room they have. Probably related to signings that are left.

i.e. Grossman.

So does anyone have the details on what happens if VH doesn't report?

Depends on how the contract was written.

If there wasn't a clause about Holliday reporting, then it may go through and the Cardinals retain rights to him indefinitely if he were to want to return to football.

It's unclear right now though.

Wow, we just lopped another ten years off of the average age of redskin players.

Noticed I havnt seen OLDFAN around, he was preaching about players under 30.

We have have gone from having one of the oldest rosters to one of the youngest.

Now if they can play, then the future will be bright.

As for those commenting about our draft picks losing reps, just remember it's all about

competition,if they show they cannot play NFL football, then we really don't want them.

They are being tight lipped lately about details... Kerrigan, Brown and now Hightower do not have details released.

I think they are trying to obscure how much cap room they have. Probably related to signings that are left.

i.e. Grossman.

Gotcha. Thanks. It'll be interesting to see if the Skins can actually keep secrets inside the org, if that is actually what they are trying to do.

OK, really like this trade. Hightower appears to be a hard worker plus it makes a ton of sense that we will need a running back that can stay in and block and pick up blitzes. We missed that last year without Portis and will be lacking again this year. This might be bad news for Keiland Williams.

If it goes through...

Depends on how the contract was written.

If there wasn't a clause about Holliday reporting, then it may go through and the Cardinals retain rights to him indefinitely if he were to want to return to football.

It's unclear right now though.

Thx GGM - love this signing though....I think when we look back on this offseason in a few years, it will be one full of hits & misses, but this front office has done such a brilliant job in creating massive depth and competition. Really excited to see how the training camp competitions play out and what the starting roster will be on opening day.

Hail.

You guys are gonna love TH. I hate to see him go, but at least he's going to an HC that knows how to use a RB. He's a good blocker in passing downs and can bust some runs. The big knock on him was his fumbles, if he can fix that he will become a fan favorite, he's a team player.
Thanks for the input. Best of luck to Whisenhunt and the rest of you guys.

Archived