Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schefter : Cullen Jenkins signs with Eagles

VetMinimum+Incentives

I hate the Iggles (like I hate every out of town teams). That being said, all of the folks here trying to pretend that the Iggles didn't make themselves a better team in the offseason are being delusional. Their defense had made significant upgrades, especially addressing their weaknesses that were exposed by last seasons playoff debacle.

Here's the bottom line - the Iggles will do as well as the doggie killer vick leads them, period. They had to made their defense better, and have clearly done so, but their obvious hole still exists. Until vickie makes one full, good season, he'll always be a question mark.

Hopefully our players will play with a chip on their shoulders against the Eagles like they played against the traveling circus that was the Dallas Cowboys with Romo sits to pee, Witten T.O, and Ware.

Thats the only chance we'll have against Vick, McCoy, Jackson, Macklin, Nnamdi, Rogers Cromartie, and Jenkins.

And folks please stop with this The Eagles are the new Washington Redskins.. Pahleez!

They traded their back up QB for a 2nd round draft pick, and they signed top free agents to come to a team that is already proven! The Redskins signed top free agents attempting to make our unproven team good. There is a BIG difference!

Hopefully our players will play with a chip on their shoulders against the Eagles like they played against the traveling circus that was the Dallas Cowboys with Romo sits to pee, Witten T.O, and Ware.

Thats the only chance we'll have against Vick, McCoy, Jackson, Macklin, Nnamdi, Rogers Cromartie, and Jenkins.

And folks please stop with this The Eagles are the new Washington Redskins.. Pahleez!

They traded their back up QB for a 2nd round draft pick, and they signed top free agents to come to a team that is already proven! The Redskins signed top free agents attempting to make our unproven team good. There is a BIG difference!

No reason to be afraid of the Eagles. If you're afraid of the Eagles, I'm scared of what you thought of the Packers last year...

Tramon, Woodson, Collins, Finely, Rodgers, Hawk, Mathews, Jenkins, Raji, Jennings, Driver.... like, we beat that team. Just like we beat the Eagles. I understand fully who Nnamdi is. It's not always fun playing on the other side of Nnamdi though, let me tell you that. Not everyone can really do it. And the way to attack that team is if DRC is on the field, and it's run to his side, and throw to his side. He is not physical, he is simply a play maker on the ball.

Why have you watched this team for the last ten years?

With the exception of maybe 1 year with Gibbs, you had to know we weren't ever going to compete. But it's your team. That's why you watch them. And you take pride in believing that things will be better in the future.

I watch this team b/c I always believe the Redskins will compete and win.

And you didn't answer my question. If you are so convinced that the Eagles are going 14-2 and the Redskins are going 2-14, why bother to watch? It's hopeless before you start.

I mean, if your vision is so accurate, surely you have better things to do than watch a hopeless team and annoy us.

TO HELL WITH THAT!!! We are going to be HORRIBLE this year! An some of yall seem to be ok with it.

Whether we are or not, you've only been a member for all of a month and have already gotten NNT'd with only 28 posts...that's just sad dude! It's looking more likely that you're going to be HORRIBLE on ES this year, and I'm pretty sure the rest of us are ok with it :ols:

---------- Post added July-31st-2011 at 04:41 AM ----------

I watch this team b/c I always believe the Redskins will compete and win.

And you didn't answer my question. If you are so convinced that the Eagles are going 14-2 and the Redskins are going 2-14, why bother to watch? It's hopeless before you start.

I mean, if your vision is so accurate, surely you have better things to do than watch a hopeless team and annoy us.

You really shouldn't try to reason with someone, McD5 in particular, especially when it says "Perpetual Fail and No New Threads" by their name...

Speaking of McD5, I haven't seen you on here in a while...you been chilling with Ladell Betts? Any year now he's gonna have a break out year!

11 pages and 156 posts as I write. On the freaking Eagles. In a thread in the Stadium, the Redskins domain on these here boards. Nice to see the ES craziness is back in full swing around here. :dunce: :insane: :doh:

Why are yer's all getting bent out of shape on the Eagles anyway's?

Aside from the fact their no threat to us as we're no threat to anybody, the Eagles are the Eagles. They'll ALWAYS find new and inventive ways to screw the pouch when it comes to playoff time, often against teams they have no right losing to. It's one of the major pleasures of watching the post season and makes not being involved all the more bearable. Just who will the big green Philthy playoff comedy show lose to this year?

It's always been thus. And it always will be. No matter how much talent they have. However long it takes, we'll win a 4th Lombardi before they win a first. And you can quote me on that.

Screw the Eagles. We have bigger concerns than that shower.

Hail.

Gotta tip my hat to the Eagles. They built a SuperBowl contender primarily through the draft and left enough enough cap room to add impact free agents to put them over the top. Nice work.

As far as how the Skins will do in their two meetings against them: I care...but I really don't care. Not this year.

We're on a mission from God.

They don't draft well.They sign the right guys as FA .

They just did it again, former 1st rd DT for a 5th rd pick former 3rd pick cut.They blow so many high rd picks its rediculus.

Whether we are or not, you've only been a member for all of a month and have already gotten NNT'd with only 28 posts...that's just sad dude! It's looking more likely that you're going to be HORRIBLE on ES this year, and I'm pretty sure the rest of us are ok with it :ols:

Dude I could careless about being able to start a new thread I don't have to be a internet warrior like some of yall up here. I say what I mean and mean what I say this team is going to be Horrible for the next 5 years because Shanny and Jr.'s their ego's.

I love this team more than you know but, it sickens me to see the nonsense that is going on.

How in the world did the Eagles get him so cheap? I think Jenkins' idiotic agent saved us from ourselves. Surely if he had another offer in the neighborhood of what we were offering, he wouldn't have settled on what is essentially a 1 year, $4 mil contract from the Eagles.

Makes me question whether we overpaid Bowen or not, because we allegedly offered him the same contract we set as our final offer to Jenkins.

Football is a sport that you cant buy a championship, the Redskins have proved this lol

This is absolutely false. By and large the winners of the Superbowl over the last 10 years have had the highest paid players in the league.

This is absolutely false. By and large the winners of the Superbowl over the last 10 years have had the highest paid players in the league.

Exactly. The only thing the Redskins have proved is you can't win by buying all the wrong players and overpaying them.

So if they do not get the Lombardi this year, will the Media unearth the You can not buy a SuperBowl Mantra for the iggles, that has been reserved for Danny?

No, because the Eagles have been a consistently well run and professional organization. If they fail to win it all this year, it's not an indictment of how their franchise is operated, it's just is what it is.

The reason the media bashes the Redskins for being a poorly run organization is because we have been a poorly run organization. I don't know why people get so upset about it, it's not the media's fault.

So if they do not get the Lombardi this year, will the Media unearth the You can not buy a SuperBowl Mantra for the iggles, that has been reserved for Danny?

Why is everybody here so infatuated with the media and how it views the redskins?

You realize that if this team were to ever start winning again, this stuff would take care of itself, right?

The eagles have earned the benefit of the doubt by being a great team, just as the skins have earned their rep by being awful. Simple as that.

No, because the Eagles have been a consistently well run and professional organization. If they fail to win it all this year, it's not an indictment of how their franchise is operated, it's just is what it is.

The reason the media bashes the Redskins for being a poorly run organization is because we have been a poorly run organization. I don't know why people get so upset about it, it's not the media's fault.

Exactly. The Eagles have been a model of consistency, while the Skins have been a model of dysfunction. Although it would be nice to see the Eagles get some flak for once. We'll just have to see how things play play out.

The contract Jenkins signed tells you one thing.

We weren't offering him anything like people were saying. More than this, for certain, but not MUCH more. Philly got a better player than we got and he's less expensive than the one we got. Ours is younger with more of a future. And with no injury history. Honestly, I'd rather have Jenkins, but, time may be on our side, for once, with this one :).

I wouldn't compare this to the FA spending the Skins have done in the pass and failed, cause we did it with a poor/losing team and usually a new coach and system. The Eagles just won the division and had a pretty damn good team already and long standing coach and system, this is more like what NE has done in the past. The Eagles are going to be the team to beat. I think their weekness could well be the QB position though, Vick will not have the same season he had last year, although it could be solid. But if he gets hurt, and odds are he does, then they are in serious trouble.

Never warmed up to the idea of bringing in the Jenkins brothers. Cullen Jenkins is good but often injured. Stephen Bowen has flashed some potential, lacks the history of injuries, is younger and last but not least he appears happy to be a Skin. If Cullen wanted to be a Skin he would have signed instead of jacking around so much.

I wouldn't compare this to the FA spending the Skins have done in the pass and failed, cause we did it with a poor/losing team and usually a new coach and system. The Eagles just won the division and had a pretty damn good team already and long standing coach and system, this is more like what NE has done in the past. The Eagles are going to be the team to beat. I think their weekness could well be the QB position though, Vick will not have the same season he had last year, although it could be solid. But if he gets hurt, and odds are he does, then they are in serious trouble.

You actually have a short memory. The disastrous 2000 "dream team" was in fact coming off a division title and a playoff win.

The "improvements" didn't work out so well.

Archived