Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schefter : Cullen Jenkins signs with Eagles

VetMinimum+Incentives

Quote for truthiness.

Bunch of *****es in here. They made two signings. And recent history has us splitting with the Eagles every year when we've been BAD and they've been "good" (according to their fans).

Agreed. We had the 31st defense last year, and still scrapped out a win.

Why have you watched this team for the last ten years?

With the exception of maybe 1 year with Gibbs, you had to know we weren't ever going to compete. But it's your team. That's why you watch them. And you take pride in believing that things will be better in the future.

maybe this year we won't compete, but who knows!?!? that's why we play the games.... i'll tell you, though, if we continue this type of action during the off season instead of relapsing into our old ways we are going to have a competitive team within the next 3 years... and then who knows what can happen?

i'm so tired of everyone having to win NOW with no thought of what our moves mean for our future. isn't that what got us in this sad state to begin with? isn't that why we have run through coach after coach with no stability? what ever happened to the word patience?

Quote for truthiness.

Bunch of *****es in here. They made two signings. And recent history has us splitting with the Eagles every year when we've been BAD and they've been "good" (according to their fans).

They've made a lot more than two signings.

And who cares if we split or not? Who has been to the playoffs, and who has been at the bottom of the division?

On paper, they are clearly the favorites to win the division, and they look stacked. I just keep focusing on the future.

I would expect us to be better than last year, and we were in almost ALL games last year.

Shanahan's coaching > Reid's coaching.

They THINK they're one or two players away, we know we're not.

Umm have you forgotten about the Monday Night Massacre!!! Reid made Shanny look like he should be a position coach in high school.

They are going "redskin" style, yet the media loves them, what they are doing. Andrew Luck here we come! :)

Amen to that. I'll take Luck/Barkley/Jones, pretty much any young QB that can come in and be molded into a franchise QB over time. I'm fine with us not being in the playoffs for a few more years if we continue to get younger and make smart moves to build the team the right way. Because once we get the right guys in here and get them acclimated to the systems that we run, then the sky's the limit and a few years of suffering would be worth a decade + of a great team that can be a true SB contender every year.

Hate to say it, but the Eagles look good on paper now. Nnamdi is going to be a much better signing than Jenkins, but Jenkins will still help I figure. I am curious what their depth chart is going to look like. They have Trent Cole, just signed Babin, and now Cullen Jenkins. I figure Parker will be a backup now and that there will be rotation at the ends, but they look solid up front and in the secondary.

The middle of their defense is going to be a slight weakness for them though, mainly because their outside is going to look strong by comparison. Most teams won't be scared of Allen and Marlin as safeties, and who knows if Stewart Bradley will be the same player after tearing his ACL. Guess the middle of the field is where teams will have to attack them through the air, especially with the TE and slot WR.

Also, I don't know if the comparison of this Eagles team to the 2000 Redskins is appropriate. Sure, both teams spent a lot and were offseason champs, but Nnamdi has much more in the tank than Deion did for us, and there's more talent on this Eagles team than the 1999-2000 Redskins had.

We'll see how things play out, but right now the Eagles will be favorites for not only the NFC East, but as the NFC representative in the Super Bowl. In my opinion, I still think Green Bay, Atlanta, and New Orleans will have something to say about that.

I couldn't believe either of their two signings, Jenkins and Asomugha. They will really have to screw up not to win the division. But you never know about injuries. Another point is: how does Desean Jackson feel, seeing Reid throw all this money at FA's?

To land Luck, we have to be the worst team this year which I doubt we will be. I do see we will trade up to land us the top 2 QB next draft.

As for the Eagles, congrats to them. They are in perfect position to make the run which I hope we will be in a few more years. What looks good on paper doesn't mean they will go all the way. Look at the Cowgirls. A lot of people picked them last year to go all the way last year. How that turned out?

Here's what I see so far with Mike/Bruce

Year 1 = Evaluation(2010)

Year 2 = Rebuilding year 1(2011)

It will take at least 2 more years to get all the key pieces together. I will be happy if we end 8-8 this year. All I want to see is improvement each game.

If you already throw in the towel, then dont watch the team until 2 more years.

They DO still have to play the games.

Yea, they picked up some good/great players, but they still have to perform each and every week. Haynesworth raked in alot of cash, and when we signed him, there were expectations, which obviously didn't pan out, even before Shanny got here.

Good thing is, the expectations of the Eagles now is going 16-0, blowing through every playoff game and winning the superbowl, and anything less will bring media buzzards circling, questions and doubts will be flowing, and the players will be finger-pointing, while the Skins will be the ones laughing.

Its not as lopsided as it looks, because one or more of them will be nicked or injured at some point, and pride does play a part in the Skins organization, which will make it so much sweeter when we beat them...

TO HELL WITH THAT!!! We are going to be HORRIBLE this year! An some of yall seem to be ok with it.

Our team has been at best mediocre for the last 20 years. I'll accept this year and next being horrible if it gives us a chance at being great after that. Steelers of the 70's, 49ers, of the 80's and Cowboys's of the 90's all sucked before they became dynasties. Indy got the number 1 pick to get Manning not by being medicore the year before but by being the worst team W-L record.

Count me in the group who is taking a multi-year approach and happy with it, regardless of what our win loss record is this year. Just want to see some heart and start the building blocks toward the future.

Eagles have a nice team. They are making nice moves. Unquestionably.

Bunkley is gone and he's a younger player, but not as good or active as Jenkins in my view. I'm surprised Jenkins went for that little. The market seriously dried up on him obviously. At that price I'd expect we could have stayed in the running, but, something tells me we have a few more things this week.

Now that the majority of the early money is taken, and no one can actually do anything until Thursday anyway, I won't expect a ton of movement until late Tuesday and Wednesday. But, I'd guess we will still bring in three or four more fairly good players.

As far as I'm concerned, it's nice to see the eagles abandon what has worked for them for so long and go "all-in" on the dream team.

If this blows up in their face, it could ruin that team for years to come.

Seriously, it's nice to see someone else do what the skins always do. Will it work for them? Who knows...not really our problem. People are seriously WAY to wound up in this. The skins have had an excellent REBUILDING offseason- the first one I can remember here...EVER.

I'm really excited to see how the team looks this year, and I really couldn't care less about the Eagles. They ALWAYS beat us anyway and finish at the top of the division, so who gives a crap? You afraid they are gonna beat us worse than they did last year on MNF?

Let's just worry about the skins. Signing all these top free agents would have been a disaster for a team like the skins. This is a new way of doing business around here and people need to get used to it.

Umm have you forgotten about the Monday Night Massacre!!! Reid made Shanny look like he should be a position coach in high school.

Oh please, everyone uses that game like gospel. We had our absolute WORST day of the season and they happened to be firing on all cylinders that night. Stuff like that happens every year to one team or another. New England beat Tennessee one year 62-7 and the Titans were a good team. Now, it wasn't a one game series. Though we didn't blow them out, we still punished them in Philly (physically). It was 1-1 last year. We have improved just as much as they have. It's like you guys are saying their moves are great and ours don't count. We're finally doing things right by having alot of draft picks and not going after the most expensive free agent. We're bringing in guys who fit the system. We had a stopping point with Cullen Jenkins and Marshall Yanda (meaning take it or leave it offer) and didn't overpay (something Vinny would have done). Well be fine. I'm not saying we'll even be in the playoffs, but I think we'll surprise a few teams. We were in 15 of our 16 games last year. It's not like we were blown out every week.

This has got to be the dumbest post in the last month. His name is McCoy and he was a top 5 RB last year in the NFC and only getting better. Try learning about other teams before posting . Also Vick is like a top 15 RB when he wants to run. And by the way the Skins last year ran the ball at the same % as the Eagles, but I guess you wouldnt know that stat...

He's actually correct. Historically speaking, Andy Reid is admittedly a non traditional playcaller. The run game for the Eagles has always been dink and dunk passes to open up vertical routes downfield. It's effective for the regular season, but when the chips are down and you're playing against a top 5 defense (as all playoff teams usually have a good defense if nothing else) you need to eat up the clock with a pound game..

They may have had the same % as the Skins last year but the Skins were always playing from behind and the Eagles generally had the lead, so that tells me more about the Skins NOT being in a position to run the ball then it does about the Eagles focusing on running.

Anywhooooo, this sucks - especially living up here. That was the one FA I wanted the Skins to get.

I am hating all this nonsense about instantly going 0-2 against the Eagles. We split games with them last year and if the Skins can just as capable of knocking Vick out of the game again. Football is played and decided between September and February, not the end of July. (Before you smarty-pants guys response, I acknowledge the fact that the work put in now has a direct effort on the season) We should be more worried about the Giants since the Skins haven't beaten them is THREE years!

Archived