Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schefter : Cullen Jenkins signs with Eagles

VetMinimum+Incentives

They still have no rb and a head coach that refuses to run the ball.

I thought McCoy played well in the Westbrook role last year. As you say Reid does not call power I slant 35 very often he wants his back to run some traps, draws and catch some screens and be able to catch out of the backfield.

The question for the Eagles is can they get Jackson extended and in camp happy.

We never were under the mindset of getting younger and faster until this year. We used to be "1 player away" every year. Now we're going young. Andrew will come in next year and other players as well. The Eagles are getting older and their window is closing.

Hail!

TO HELL WITH THAT!!! We are going to be HORRIBLE this year! An some of yall seem to be ok with it.

Gotta tip my hat to the Eagles. They built a SuperBowl contender primarily through the draft and left enough enough cap room to add impact free agents to put them over the top. Nice work.

As far as how the Skins will do in their two meetings against them: I care...but I really don't care. Not this year.

We're on a mission from God.

TO HELL WITH THAT!!! We are going to be HORRIBLE this year! An some of yall seem to be ok with it.

Geez man.. I'm sorry but we're going to suck. It is what it is. No real offseason to prepare and a bunch of young unproven guys in allot of our most critical areas. 2012 will be here before you know it. We are finally rebuilding. Things will really get better for us in the future.

I won't let myself become flooded inside with fear of the Eagles in result of the moves they've made as of late. We've witnessed teams *cough* Cowboys *cough* proclaim that they'll win the Super Bowl after making moves before even playing a down officially so until the Eagles actually do something worth talking about with the players they've acquired they will continue to be choke artists and Super Bowl'less.

Exactly. Bunch of godamn scared chickens in here. They sign Jenkins, Nmadi, Babin and Vince "crybaby" Young as a BACKUP QB and we ready to throw in the towel? If you numbskulls forget, we DID beat them up in Philly. We had our absolute worse game and they had their absolute best game of the year in DC. Do you really think they'll beat us 55-21 again? Jeez, it's the 3rd day of camp. I'll just quote Dennis Green for all you "Chicken Littles" and say "If you want to crown them, then crown their asses!" But we haven't even played a preseason game yet.

Bro, no one expected us to be anywhere close to the Eagles this year, even before FA began. Now they look incredible. It's not being okay with it, it's that no one here can do anything about it. Just have to hope a rebuild works in a few years.

Eagles hired Vinny:ols:

Good luck with that experiment Philly. We've been there, done that. See you in a few years when you cursing those signings.

In their defense at least they didn't give away their draft for all those players.

Geez man.. I'm sorry but we're going to suck. It is what it is. No real offseason to prepare and a bunch of young unproven guys in allot of our most critical areas. 2012 will be here before you know it. We are finally rebuilding. Things will really get better for us in the future.

The problem I have is we are not going to even be competitive this year with most the teams we play. An all I keep seeing is "Oh well Andrew Luck her you come 2012 is around the corner" some of yall have allowed Mike Shanahan to fool you into thinking it will be OK.

The way things are looking right now if the season is as bad as most of you are hoping it is to get Andrew Luck Shanny won't even be here.

Exactly. Bunch of godamn scared chickens in here. They sign Jenkins, Nmadi, Babin and Vince "crybaby" Young as a BACKUP QB and we ready to throw in the towel? If you numbskulls forget, we DID beat them up in Philly. We had our absolute worse game and they had their absolute best game of the year in DC. Do you really think they'll beat us 55-21 again? Jeez, it's the 3rd day of camp. I'll just quote Dennis Green for all you "Chicken Littles" and say "If you want to crown them, then crown their asses!" But we haven't even played a preseason game yet.

QFT

You guys throwing in the towel might as well go find a hobby or something to do this Fall. Why bother watching the games if you already know the Eagles are going to rampage through the NFC East, and the Redskins are going to suck?

Why waste your time and bandwidth here about something that is so hopeless to you?

They are going "redskin" style, yet the media loves them, what they are doing. Andrew Luck here we come! :)

Except they are loading up on draft picks too. l always thought signing free agents should help you AVOID trading draft picks and if anything give you an opportunity to stack up on them via trading some of your depth -- under Vinny, the Skins loaded on free agency and oddly traded their picks too.

How do they look incredible? I can say there are still 3 teams I'd put ahead of them (GB, Atl and NO) and 3 more in the NFC that can play with them or beat them (NYG, Chi and possibly TB). They aren't a jugganaught.

I would put them to equal to GB--as long as concussions don't become a real serious deal with Rodgers, and there is no SB hangover effect.

No on Atl, NYG, CHI or TB. And maybe equal with NO--if that team can also rebound in terms of effort.

They are clearly the favorites to win the NFCE, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them beat us 55-21 again, or much worse. We aren't competing with that.

Do the eagles look great? Sure. Have we all seen holywood teams fall flat? Sure. 30+ plus year olds age fast and get hurt, lets just see how it goes. I have never seen so many chicken littles. There is a reason the games are played on the field and not on paper.

Man, i thought "ES" was a chat group about our team, not a let's be sooo negative about everything chat group. All everyone does is ....blah blah blah about everything we should do, we do it, then we just blah blah blah about why are we doing this.

It's know secret we have done things around here for a long time the wrong way. ....extra extra "Breaking News" , we are a rebuilding team thats not going to beable to fill all our needs in one year. We went and got Mcnabb thinking maybe we can fix things the quick way. We learned that instead of trying to cut corners, let's just do it the right way ...... we were smart in the draft, were finally getting players who are young and have heart. I'm sure were not done this year in FA either, let's just give the Coach and Bruce some time. They alreay have taken out the trash, retired the old, and now working on the future .....

Hate the Eagles and talk trash if you want .....we've never been in the position they are in, they have some great play makers in prime positions, they can take the chance and try and put the final pieces of the puzzle together. We will be there soon people, may take a few years of finally having a few good drafts and picking up FA who have heart and wanna be here. Then we will be the team making the big moves in FA on the "RIGHT" players when were in a position of only needing a few pieces to our puzzle.

All i know is this, Skins to i die ....i just want a team that shows up and leaves it all on the field come Sunday.

Now ....all the negative people can come get their rocks off and bash away, :ols:!!!!

QFT

You guys throwing in the towel might as well go find a hobby or something to do this Fall. Why bother watching the games if you already know the Eagles are going to rampage through the NFC East, and the Redskins are going to suck?

Why waste your time and bandwidth here about something that is so hopeless to you?

Why have you watched this team for the last ten years?

With the exception of maybe 1 year with Gibbs, you had to know we weren't ever going to compete. But it's your team. That's why you watch them. And you take pride in believing that things will be better in the future.

no, he's thinking about his double quarter pounder with cheese... then a milkshake... then .....

HAHAHA.

don't worry, even though espn already has declared them the champs of football (not even august yet!) this is the eagles and they have ZERO super bowl trophies and after this year it will still be a big fat andy reid goose egg in the hardware column. the only thing they are winning is the number of the worthless talking heads that crown them before they fold up like the eagles always do!! damn I may have root for the cowpukes to beat them! never thought I would say that...

Quote for truthiness.

Bunch of *****es in here. They made two signings. And recent history has us splitting with the Eagles every year when we've been BAD and they've been "good" (according to their fans).

I hope you guys are right, because I hate the Eagles and even more I hate their ******* fans, but this is less like our FA spending of 2000-2009, and more like the year the Pats went out and bought a team.

The Eagles have been good the last few years, this could definitely put them over the top. I just hope everyone gets injured (though nothing serious) and everyone grows lazy, and they turn into a huge green pile of ****, with a walrus on top.

The problem I have is we are not going to even be competitive this year with most the teams we play. An all I keep seeing is "Oh well Andrew Luck her you come 2012 is around the corner" some of yall have allowed Mike Shanahan to fool you into thinking it will be OK.

The way things are looking right now if the season is as bad as most of you are hoping it is to get Andrew Luck Shanny won't even be here.

I would expect us to be better than last year, and we were in almost ALL games last year.

Shanahan's coaching > Reid's coaching.

They THINK they're one or two players away, we know we're not.

Archived