Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schefter : Cullen Jenkins signs with Eagles

VetMinimum+Incentives

I am hating all this nonsense about instantly going 0-2 against the Eagles. We split games with them last year and if the Skins can just as capable of knocking Vick out of the game again. Football is played and decided between September and February, not the end of July. (Before you smarty-pants guys response, I acknowledge the fact that the work put in now has a direct effort on the season) We should be more worried about the Giants since the Skins haven't beaten them is THREE years!

Thank You. Someone who isn't afraid. I'm tired of us being the NFC East's *****. It's time to knock some heads around. Even if we don't win, I want the other team too sore to be able to celebrate.

Thank You. Someone who isn't afraid. I'm tired of us being the NFC East's *****. It's time to knock some heads around. Even if we don't win, I want the other team too sore to be able to celebrate.

This lock out has done alot to damage peoples mental stability this offseason. If you ever need a reason to maintain the CBA and never have this extended period of no football, just read some of the reactions here. :rotflmao:

With the moves we've made thus far this offseason, I just can't imagine us looking worse than last year. :fingersx:

Not sure how they're signing everyone, but, they are going the 2000 Redskins route :ols:

Let's hope so, otherwise they are fully loaded for a run just like in 2004 minus TO. Right now they look like the offseason or "on paper" champions. Just like the Skins. Time will tell if they can live up to those expectations.

I am hating all this nonsense about instantly going 0-2 against the Eagles. We split games with them last year and if the Skins can just as capable of knocking Vick out of the game again. Football is played and decided between September and February, not the end of July. (Before you smarty-pants guys response, I acknowledge the fact that the work put in now has a direct effort on the season) We should be more worried about the Giants since the Skins haven't beaten them is THREE years!

What's funny is, for the most part you'll hear people on ES saying that the Skins won't be contenders for at least another 2-3 years. If that's actually the truth, who cares if the Eagles are "loaded" THIS year? lol..."Oh, we'll go 0-2 now against them"...hell, I bet half the people saying that now were saying the Skins wouldn't win any more than 5-6 games this year anyway :ols:...

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see any one in the NFC East challenging the Eagles. They seem to have made moves that will bring them a championship. We've made moves to put us above .500. Don't get your hopes up too high, fellow Skins fans. We're still in the building stage.

While there are similarities, in 2000 the other teams in the NFC looked at least competitive. The Cowboys of the 90s were fading but had not yet fully faded out, the Eagles had a new high potential QB so even though they were bad in 1999, you really couldn't be sure what you'd get in 2000, the G-men were one weird-ass team who were good one year and sucked the next. The Rams were still looking good and a couple of other teams out west looked competitive. Tampa and Minnesota were also looking good and Green Bay still had a relatively young Farvre. Scheduling was more heavily based on the previous years performance so it was hard to really know how good you were. This season, the team that won the previous SB was a wild-card team and out west, you got to wonder if there really is a good team. In the east, Dallas is rebuilding and so are we while NY looks like it might be fading. Finally, if the Iggs all-in bet fails them like our 2000 all-in did us, they are in a much better position to recover.

You guys do realize that the Eagles still have a young team? DRC is young, Drafted younger corners the past two years and have a young set of LB's.

Not only that but they have a 1st, two 2nds, 3rd, 2 4ths, two 5ths, and 3 6ths,

They could have more if they trade Asante.

The difference between the eagles making these signings and the skins is the skins give a DT who had a few good seasons a 100 mil 40 mil gtd contract where as the eagles give one of the best corners in the nfl a 5 year 60 mil 25 gtd contract ( look at what duante robinson and Jonathan Joseph got not much less)

Jenkins contract is really only a 1 year $4 mil contract, they can walk away after that and be good to go.

This has got to be the dumbest post in the last month. His name is McCoy and he was a top 5 RB last year in the NFC and only getting better. Try learning about other teams before posting . Also Vick is like a top 15 RB when he wants to run. And by the way the Skins last year ran the ball at the same % as the Eagles, but I guess you wouldnt know that stat...

McCoy is no bellcow back that you can routinely rush 25-30 times a game.

Besides, Andy Reid rarely runs the ball enough to balance his offense, hence, that's why he has very little postseason success.

When you face elite teams in the playoffs, you cannot be one dimensional, because elite teams make you pay for it.

In 13 years, Andy Reid and Joe Banner have flat out ignored the rushing game.

And when your best RB is your QB, you don't really have a RB.

Cullen Jenkins hasn't been healthy for a whole season in his career but I think once. We'll see what philly got there after he's been man handled a bit by some NFC East running attacks, not that finesse stuff the Lions, Bears, kind of du ;)

I give them credit for doing what San Diego's "Lord of No Rings" couldn't bring himself to do. They think they are close and so they are going for it. I hope they fail miserably but I give them credit for pushing all in while they think they have a window of opportunity.

And when your best RB is your QB, you don't really have an RB.

LeSean McCoy looked pretty good last season. Broke 1,000 yards and average 5.2 yards a carry. Face it the Eagles have a very effective offense. Their loss to the packers was due to their inability to stop the pass and Akers missing field goals.

The problem they have is Vick is likely to get hurt and adding too many ego's can destroy team chemistry and back fire. If they are able to stay healthy they'll be the Packer's number 1 threat in the NFC.

okay so I just reread the rotoworld piece on this: http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/207931/eagles-lasso-dt-jenkins-with-five-year-deal

And it sounds very much like the haynesworth trade. if Jenkins bombs out they can cut him after this year.

Eagles lasso DT Jenkins with five-year deal

Eagles signed DT Cullen Jenkins to a five-year, $25 million contract.

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi says Jenkins could be cut after making $4 million over a year, so his market was bone dry. Jenkins is on the wrong side of 30, and missed five games with the Packers last season. There's no doubt he can still create some havoc along the interior, however, and he'll be a big part of what is now a totally revamped Eagles defense. New DC Juan Castillo is stressing pressure up

I bet he ends up firing his agent before all is said and done. How far this guy fell. Maybe we made the smart play here though if even the eagles were concerned about signing him long term.

LeSean McCoy looked pretty good last season. Broke 1,000 yards and average 5.2 yards a carry. Face it the Eagles have a very effective offense. Their loss to the packers was due to their inability to stop the pass and Akers missing field goals.

The problem they have is Vick is likely to get hurt and adding too many ego's can destroy team chemistry and back fire. If they are able to stay healthy they'll be the Packer's number 1 threat in the NFC.

Don't get me wrong.

I'm not saying the Eagles aren't going to be any good this season. I just don't put much stock in the overall consensus by the talking heads that Andy Reid is some kind of genius.

His teams have a habit of blowing it in big games. And one of the reasons for that is his insistence that he leans heavyily on the passing game and gives only lip service to the running game making his offense one dimensional when it counts the most: in the postseason.

Andy Reid is a good coach. He's not a great one. He's Marty Schottenheimer with a token SuperBowl appearance.

Tickles me to see the Philly faithful get their hackles up when just last year they were wanting Reid fired.

I am tired of every "news" oulet kissing up to philly. So they signed some "top" FA available, WE all know how well that works. Also lets not forget that their DC was the OL coach last year. He has never called a defensive play in his life. He may have some help from assistant coaches, but He is the one calling the plays. I know that noone is talking about that right now. Wait and see....

The one thing the Eagles are doing by signing these big name free agents is getting older. In the past, their starters are usually were usually entering their prime and younger guys as backups. Now they have starters in their prime or a little past it. If those guys get hurt, they better have capable guys there to back up them up.

So they sign three 30 year old FA´s to long term deals.....Andy Reid is already thinking about retirement?

Exactly what I was thinking. Seems as if he is going all in for his last hoorah. They look solid on paper. However, WE know how that can work sometimes. If things dont work out, it could send their franchise in a downward spiral for years. Of course, they dont have bugeyes calling their shots either and I have no idea what their cap situation is.

Exactly what is was thinking. Seems as if he is going all in for his last hoorah. They look solid on paper. However, WE know how that can work sometimes. If things dont work out, it could send their franchise in a downward spiral for years. Of course, they dont have bugeyes calling their shots either and I have no idea what their cap situation is.

I know they can't give DeSean the money he wants. He's gone after this year.

why is everyone so ****ing scared of cullen jenkins? Namdi's a great corner, so what. As for Vick, if I recall correctly, we smashed his ribs in last year and beat his team. The other game was bad for us. So what.

A 'dream team'? haha. Good. Hype the living **** out of them, the still don't have a ring. And when they don't win one this year they'll look stupid, they'll fire their coach and go into an ugly downward spiral like we have. So really we're ahead of them already in the long term rebuild, and that's awesome.

**** the eagles, I almost hate em as much as the boys now

Archived