Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schefter : Cullen Jenkins signs with Eagles

VetMinimum+Incentives

No, because the Eagles have been a consistently well run and professional organization. If they fail to win it all this year, it's not an indictment of how their franchise is operated, it's just is what it is.

The reason the media bashes the Redskins for being a poorly run organization is because we have been a poorly run organization. I don't know why people get so upset about it, it's not the media's fault.

It's funny because when Snyder took over as an owner and then we made that playoff run in 1999 and then made those big offseason acquisitions the media was not bashing Snyder and some were even praising him as an owner willing to spend for better players.

The media does not hate the Skins, the Skins just are so irrelevant and have made so many poor decisions that they bring it on themselves. I actually think if we start to win consistently and become relevant again the media will have a love affair with us and talk about the return of the Skins and how good it is for the DC area and the NFL.

You actually have a short memory. The disastrous 2000 "dream team" was in fact coming off a division title and a playoff win.

The "improvements" didn't work out so well.

Not so short, Yeah we had Norv for years, but he NEVER had a consistant system year in year out, whole new defensive scheme from 1999 (Mike Nolan) to 2000 (Ray Rhodes). Still not even close, I stand by my original post!

Eagles are staking up, but I have a feeling its all going to crash and burn. I predict choke.......................on a side note the pats simply amaze me every year; that orginization is on top of their game.

What exactly have they done to "amaze" you this year? Ochostinko? Fat ass? Don't get me wrong, Chad immediately upgrades their WRs. But their draft was "meh" and they've not done anything more than re-sign a couple of their guys. But of course, when you are 14-2, you don't have to do much more. I love how everyone (including the media) is so quick to jump on the Patriots nutsack because of their past SBs.

The burning question I have is how long will Desean Jackson hold out? The Eagles are passing all this money around to others and forgot about him.

This is not true, they still have around 8 Million and also can use up to 3.5 Million on veteran players. They did tell Djax that they will start negotiating when he comes in. They have the money and will have more when they restructure Vicks deal and pull the franchise tag off of him. I think they will save another 2 Million under this year, depending on how that gets done during the next couple of months. THEN they will lock Jackson in for another 5 years with the same $ as Holmes probably. He is not going anywhere...He cant under the new CBA - unless he wants to get fined every day and not make any money this year...which his agent wont let happen.

****BREAKING NEWS*****

Eagles sign WR Johnnie Lee Higgins (Oak)

Eagles sign TE Donald Lee (GB)

OMFG!! Now we're really in trouble. Oh my God how can we contend against the one-two punch of the Lee twins?!! Well, time to give up. There you go Philly, we forfit. You're just too damn good for us. We can't even step on the field with you since you got these two. Might as well fold up the franchise.

[/b]

This is not true, they still have around 8 Million and also can use up to 3.5 Million on veteran players. They did tell Djax that they will start negotiating when he comes in. They have the money and will have more when they restructure Vicks deal and pull the franchise tag off of him. I think they will save another 2 Million under this year, depending on how that gets done during the next couple of months. THEN they will lock Jackson in for another 5 years with the same $ as Holmes probably. He is not going anywhere...He cant under the new CBA - unless he wants to get fined every day and not make any money this year...which his agent wont let happen.

You can't "pull the franchise tag off" anyone. It comes off after the year is done. There's no way Jackson accepts the $3.5M. He's got such a high opinion of himself that he's going to want to be paid like Andre, Calvin, Vincent, Reggie, etc.

****BREAKING NEWS*****

OMFG!! Now we're really in trouble. Oh my God how can we contend against the one-two punch of the Lee twins?!! Well, time to give up. There you go Philly, we forfit. You're just too damn good for us. We can't even step on the field with you since you got these two. Might as well fold up the franchise.

WOW

I suggest we load up on Defense and try to literally kill their skill players. LaRon alone is sending their stars to ICU if he gets clean kill shots. London & Brian will also send a few players to ICU with clean Kill shots. I guess all we can do is pray.

****BREAKING NEWS*****

:ols: don't forget to forfeit the games versus the Pats,Vikings and Jets as well.

****BREAKING NEWS*****

Yet somehow there's still enough money to give to Jackson...

Cullen Jenkins in Green Bay won't equal Cullen Jenkins in Philadelphia. We don't need to be so worried.

Agreed. Playing next to Raji certainly made Jenkins look really good. Also, he was a 3-4 DE so I imagine the transition won't be easy. I'm glad we didn't sign him.

Looks like the Iggles are going all-in.

You can't "pull the franchise tag off" anyone. It comes off after the year is done. There's no way Jackson accepts the $3.5M. He's got such a high opinion of himself that he's going to want to be paid like Andre, Calvin, Vincent, Reggie, etc.

What I meant was they would give him an actual contract and that would " free up" his franchise tag cap space. Heard this from Gil Brandt - so it must have some credibility.

---------- Post added July-31st-2011 at 02:42 PM ----------

WOW

I suggest we load up on Defense and try to literally kill their skill players. LaRon alone is sending their stars to ICU if he gets clean kill shots. London & Brian will also send a few players to ICU with clean Kill shots. I guess all we can do is pray.

What is this Halo? Yep - when you play the Eagles that will happen. Redskins Defense is even better than the Ravens..

What are tomorrows Pick 6 numbers while were making Nostradamus like predictions?

What I meant was they would give him an actual contract and that would " free up" his franchise tag cap space. Heard this from Gil Brandt - so it must have some credibility.

You are correct. The other dude is wrong.

You can only use the franchise tag once a year. But if you sign the franchised player to a new deal, that deal is what impacts the cap number.

Agreed. Playing next to Raji certainly made Jenkins look really good.

On the other hand, Raji credits Jenkins as the reason he was able to put up pressure as the season progressed.

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20110731/PKR01/110731017/Raji-Jenkins-NFL-s-best-interior-pash-rusher

I really do wish we could've kept him for one more year to mentor our young guys, especially Mike Neal who is his likely successor, but was hurt pretty much all last season so he didn't get the opportunity to learn from him the same way Raji did.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm watching them play the Steelers tonight and they look like ****.

I don't post much, but I read all the time

I agree, Vick with 2 picks made me very happy

**** the Eagles, today I saw a nice nice vintage Ford Mustang, but it was ruined cause it had an Eagles sticker on the back!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it just me, or do the Eagles look like they have taken a page from the Redskins playbook of old and run out and try to assemble a fantasy football team?

I've seen that label applied to the Redskins, but it's always been a poor summary of the Skins moves. Somehow, the team was playing fantasy football by signing mainly no name free agents (outside of Haynesworth and Trotter in the last 10 years) and trading for poor performing vets (Lloyd, Duckett, Taylor, Brunell). The simple fact is every move has to be evaluated in isolation. And the simple fact of acquiring players not through the draft is not per se a bad thing. Just ask the New Orleans Saints who rode a Super Bowl on free agents/trades like Brees, Sharper, Vilma, and so forth. It's about acquiring the right players. Whether the Eagles' moves work out remains to me seen. But to oversimplify anything like that is just poor analysis IMO.

Eagles look to be having a good many issues out there on the field with all of their firepower. Usually happens with teams trying to buy a Super Bowl in one year. True for most teams but especially Philly ... take Vick out of the game and they whither and die.

As much as I hope they crash and burn, it's entirely too early to believe that their performance in the preseason is indicitive of how they'll perform in the regular season. It's going to take all those guys time to gel, especially with the decreased offseason time.

Eagles look to be having a good many issues out there on the field with all of their firepower. Usually happens with teams trying to buy a Super Bowl in one year. True for most teams but especially Philly ... take Vick out of the game and they whither and die.

Vick was the main reason they got whooped last night. He and Vince Young combined for 4 picks. Kafka at least made the score respectable.... even if it was Preseason

Vick was the main reason they got whooped last night. He and Vince Young combined for 4 picks. Kafka at least made the score respectable.... even if it was Preseason

Exactly. I didn't mean physically remove him. Game plan was containment, pressure and confusion. Vick looked like 3rd string except 3rd string played better. Made Vick a non-factor for Philly but a large one for the Steelers with his continuing errant gifts.

Archived