Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schefter : Cullen Jenkins signs with Eagles

VetMinimum+Incentives

http://www.eaglescap.com/

there's no way they have cap room for all their signings today.

Not that hard. Holmes got a huge deal from the Jets but his year 1 cap hit is less than 3M. Cap hit of any signing is going to be the salary (about 850K for somebody like Jenkins, I think) plus probably about 1/5 of the guaranteed amount (I'd guess that his cap hit is somewhere in year 1 is between 1.5 and 2M). Any problem for the Eagles as far as the cap on signings such as this will happen in the out years (something Redskins fans like me know very well :)).

Please, they beat the hell out of us and earned my respect. I couldn't say **** after first quarter. I wanted to be angry but they beat the emotion out of me. I remember ES that night. Philly is tough.

Depends on your definition of hate I suppose. I admit they have talent, much more than us....but I'm hoping Vick gets a career ender anytime he steps on the field. I suppose you could call that respect.

I won't let myself become flooded inside with fear of the Eagles in result of the moves they've made as of late. We've witnessed teams *cough* Cowboys *cough* proclaim that they'll win the Super Bowl after making moves before even playing a down officially so until the Eagles actually do something worth talking about with the players they've acquired they will continue to be choke artists and Super Bowl'less.

This smacks of Redskins teams gone by, and how did that work out for them?

We never had a Mike Vick during the Snyder spending era. We spent poorly, they're spending wisely. Jenkins and NA aren't Archuleta, LLoyd, & Randel El....These are legit pro bow player.

I guess the Eagles are the offseason champs as they trade Kolb for a 2nd and Rogers-Cromartie, Nnamdi Asoumia and now Cullen Jenkins. Oh well, they can buy as many players as they want the EAGLES will NEVER I repeat NEVER ever win a super bowl. It just isn't in their cards. Besides that tour of the empty trophy case just wouldn't be the same!

I guess the Eagles are the offseason champs as they trade Kolb for a 2nd and Rogers-Cromartie, Nnamdi Asoumia and now Cullen Jenkins. Oh well, they can buy as many players as they want the EAGLES will NEVER I repeat NEVER ever win a super bowl. It just isn't in their cards. Besides that tour of the empty trophy case just wouldn't be the same!

Come on man your 45. They will win one at some point. Your line of reasoning sounds childish. They have a good chance to win it this year.

They still have no rb and a head coach that refuses to run the ball.

This has got to be the dumbest post in the last month. His name is McCoy and he was a top 5 RB last year in the NFC and only getting better. Try learning about other teams before posting . Also Vick is like a top 15 RB when he wants to run. And by the way the Skins last year ran the ball at the same % as the Eagles, but I guess you wouldnt know that stat...

Did we pay almost the same for Bowen?

Depends by what measure you use. If you base it on cap hit, we payed far less. If you base it on long term cash flow, we payed a lot more. That is, we likely structured the deal such that Redskins pay for the smaller cap hit.

damn, that's a really good move by the eagles. I wish the Packers would've done something like that. $4 mil for one more season with Jenkins? It would give Neal a chance to develop a little more and get a few more games in before throwing him to the fire being that his rookie season was cut short.

This thinking is unacceptable and the reason why this team is in the situation it's in right now.

We never were under the mindset of getting younger and faster until this year. We used to be "1 player away" every year. Now we're going young. Andrew will come in next year and other players as well. The Eagles are getting older and their window is closing.

Hail!

Archived