Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has your opinion of FOX and Rupert Murdoch changed based on the recent scandal

Burgold

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Fair post, Please Blitz, the only quibble I have is that this wrongdoing in Brittain is no longer limited to one Newscorp Newspaper anymore. At least two have been found guilty of behaving in exactly the same manner.

I dont see why that should change my opinion of anything.

I thought their corruption was mostly confined to their political goals, but now I think Murdoch/Fox News/News Corp are basically corrupt all around... which shouldn't really be surprising because evil intentions in one area of a person or even an organization tend to diffuse into other aspects of the person or organization.

I dont see why that should change my opinion of anything.

Well, if it's one guy then it could be one bad Program Manager when it becomes several branches in the same corporation the problem may go all the way down to the roots.

they are who we thought they were......

:ols:

Let me try to make it easy :pfft:: Fox news (overall) from its executive branch, to its talking heads, to its loyal legions of chicken-brain viewers (I'm exempting technical workers on all this BTW :D) is mainly a drooling moron whacko/sicko preserve that consistently feeds its circus freak sideshow demographic heaping helpings of pure bull**** to their ever-flailing spastic delight.

And I must say that while those on top may be soulless worth-draining vampiric scumbags energetically driving our society towards becoming an idiot-dominated wasteland of apocalyptic proportion, they sure know how to milk their mindless minions like few before them. P.T. Barnum would be in awe and maybe even repulsed (no easy task).

How's that? :ols:

Doesn't change my opinion one bit. All of the major "news" channels are the same, just depends on if you are liberal or conservative.. I just find it funny on what we laws we think are ok for journalists to break. Using cell phone ping to find someone = bad. Compromising classified information and endangering the warfighter = ok. If he or anyone who worked for him broke the law, arrest them. Period.But overall I just don't care because I don't watch FoX, MSNBC, et al.

That is such a brilliantly written insult, Mr. Jumbo.

Shame on you :ols:

Hey, I'm a veritable saint (need polish up the humility though) in much of my work and volunteer hours. If I can't come here and let the devil loose every now and then (since the pay for this gig is so lousy) what's the point? :evilg:

:D

---------- Post added July-19th-2011 at 03:36 PM ----------

BTW, any tight-wound reactionairies can feel perfectly free to substitute msnbc in there for fox as far as I'm concerned (though I think they're like an 8.5 to Fox's 10, but it's not worth quibbling over).:cool:

BTW, any tight-wound reactionairies can feel perfectly free to substitute msnbc in there for fox as far as I'm concerned (though I think they're like an 8.5 to Fox's 10, but it's not worth quibbling over).:cool:

And no one watches MSNBC anyway.

Wait.

Did I just insult conservatives too? :ols:

(And that was quite simply the greatest insult I've ever heard/read anywhere. Kuds to you, you wicked wordsmith.) :cheers:

:ols:

Let me try to make it easy :pfft:: Fox news (overall) from its executive branch, to its talking heads, to its loyal legions of chicken-brain viewers (I'm exempting technical workers on all this BTW :D) is mainly a drooling moron whacko/sicko preserve that consistently feeds its circus freak sideshow demographic heaping helpings of pure bull**** to their ever-flailing spastic delight.

And I must say that while those on top may be soulless worth-draining vampiric scumbags energetically driving our society towards becoming an idiot-dominated wasteland of apocalyptic proportion, they sure know how to milk their mindless minions like few before them. P.T. Barnum would be in awe and maybe even repulsed (no easy task).

How's that? :ols:

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:

Just perfect.

~Bang

My opinion of Newscorp has dropped. I knew they were ethically challenged, but I didn't think it reached the level of criminal behavior. I really hope that FOX is not a part of this. As much as I dislike the way they propagandize the news, I just hope there are some lines they refused to cross.

I think I'm rather similar.

I thought they were liars before.

This really hasn't affected my opinion of their credibility. (I suppose logically it should make it go up, but it hasn't).

I suppose that, if true, then it would lower my opinion of their ethics. But I'm not really certain that it has.

I wonder how many people are hoping that Fox News is somehow linked to this and is ruined...?

I wouldn't mind one bit! :ols:

But ruined? Yea right . . . . your average FN viewer wouldn't even blink if it was linked to the network. They would probably be proud.

Hmmm... surprised you have three liberals on your list

I count four.

(OK, I actually don't know about Zappa).

---------- Post added July-19th-2011 at 08:55 PM ----------

After the Acorn tapes I pretty much dismissed them

I haven't seen any reason to assume that that scandal went any higher than the Michael Moore wannabe who made them.

I wonder how many people are hoping that Fox News is somehow linked to this and is ruined...?

I am, and not ashamed to say so.

It'd be nice to see the conservative POV get some proper representation for a change. If Fox crashed and burned, we can always pray that it'd get replaced by a legitimate news outlet that doesn't treat its viewers like simpering, dimwitted sponges for disinformation.

Apparently, I have more respect for conservatism than conservatives do. :)

My opinion of False Overly Xenophobic Nonsense Every Waking Second has not changed. The entire organization is endemically corrupt and responsible for hijacking our politics and political process. They single handedly created the tea bags and consistantly try to manipulate our politicians and the political agenda for its own purposes.

---------- Post added July-20th-2011 at 12:21 AM ----------

I am, and not ashamed to say so.

It'd be nice to see the conservative POV get some proper representation for a change. If Fox crashed and burned, we can always pray that it'd get replaced by a legitimate news outlet that doesn't treat its viewers like simpering, dimwitted sponges for disinformation.

Apparently, I have more respect for conservatism than conservatives do. :)

Seriously. I consider myself an independent that leans mostly to the left, but I would love to see a conservative news channel that is honest with its viewers. Faux news is more like a televised tabloid.

Seriously. I consider myself an independent that leans mostly to the left, but I would love to see a conservative news channel that is honest with its viewers. Faux news is more like a televised tabloid.

A lot of cable news is that ways nowadays, although Fox News certainly does its best to beat the competition. Forget cable news, read the National Review or the Economist (although the latter is not necessarily "conservative" in all respects).

Here's some food for thought. I'll wager just about anything that you won't find the converse true of any other major new organization.

Political donations by News Corp., its employees and their families were evenly split between Democrats and Republicans, with President Obama the all-time leading recipient, according to a report from the Sunlight Foundation.

The transparency watchdog noted Tuesday that Democrats received 51 percent of contributions while Republicans received 49 percent, despite the firm's highly publicized links to the GOP, such as a $1 million donation to the Republican Governors Association in August.

News Corp. is the parent company of The Wall Street Journal, the New York Post and Fox News, among others. The firm is currently under scrutiny in both the U.S. and U.K. over allegations its subsidiary News of the World hacked into voice mail accounts and bribed public officials.

"Obama being listed as the company’s top recipient might surprise some people because of its highly publicized involvement with his political rivals, like Sarah Palin who was the vice presidential candidate in 2008 and reportedly still under contract with Murdoch-owned Fox News as a paid commentator," wrote Sunlight's Ryan Sibley.

continues........................http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/172321-report-obama-top-recipient-of-news-corp-donations

And coincidentally here's a recent release of satisfaction by consumers of online brands. Perhaps not as up to date as possible by still interesting nonetheless.

FoxNews.com is tops with consumers of Internet news and information, according to the latest update of the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) released today. ABCNews.com came in second, with USAToday.com and CNN.com rounding out the top four.

Coming in dead last: The Huffington Post.

http://blogs.forbes.com/daviddisalvo/2011/07/19/foxnews-com-tops-with-news-consumers-huffpost-dead-last/

Yeah, that's just because of FOX's entertainment wing ;)

All those commies on the Simpson's, House, and American Idol help to balance out the other end. Somewhat seriously, I would guess there's some truth in that. The entertainment division is far different from the news divisons. I also wonder if local stations play into it? FOX's WTTG in Washington for example may or may not be counted if they're counted as a franchise, but not part of FOX.

Still, I'm curious, aREDSKIN. What's your take on these scandals in Brittain?

Archived