Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has your opinion of FOX and Rupert Murdoch changed based on the recent scandal

Burgold

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

My opinion of them hasn't changed, but there's no way it could be worse anyway.

I am just hoping that they have had a bit more ethics than to engage in this sort of thing, but i must admit, I am not optimistic that the investigation won't turn out something.

~Bang

My opinion of Newscorp has dropped. I knew they were ethically challenged, but I didn't think it reached the level of criminal behavior. I really hope that FOX is not a part of this. As much as I dislike the way they propagandize the news, I just hope there are some lines they refused to cross.

Curious about the court of public opinion. Right now, there's no evidence to hang any of this on FOX, but how have the recent events in England colored your view of FOX or has it?

If it were possible, my views on News Corp have become even more negative.

Certainly. After a reshuffle I have as the greatest human beings of all time:

1. Jesus Christ (Same as last week)

2. Ghandi (Up from #3)

3. Rupert Murdoch (Down from #2)

4. George Washington (Same)

5. Frank Zappa (Same)

Hmmm... surprised you have three liberals on your list

My opinion of Fox News has not changed in the least. Knowing a bit about Roger Ailes makes it impossible to underestimate that network's integrity, unless you're fond of negative numbers. It will be no surprise at all to me if Fox turns out to be deeply mired in these horrifying breaches of basic decency. If they are, then clearly the apple is rotten to the core and it's time to shut it down. America deserves better.

My opinion of Murdoch has changed, though. I was once willing to believe that in his advanced age he had a bit of doddering-old-coot about him, and I actually placed a bit of trust in the public image of ol' Rupert shaking his head slowly while saying "That crazy Roger Ailes... he actually believes all of that stuff. What a silly kid!" Now I don't buy that for a minute. He's scum, and so is any mouthpiece who would voluntarily continue working for him.

2. Ghandi (Up from #3)

5. Frank Zappa (Same)

:ols:

I moved him down to 4, but then again I'm a liberal. :pfft:

2. Ghandi (Up from #3)

5. Frank Zappa (Same)

I :ols:'d.

Right now, there's no evidence to hang any of this on FOX

Well, not this exact scandal, but wasn't there a story posted here that was written three years ago, where a former FoxNews high level employee flat out says that FoxNews does the same sort of thing in the US that News of the World did in England? Did I dream that?

Well, not this exact scandal, but wasn't there a story posted here that was written three years ago, where a former FoxNews high level employee flat out says that FoxNews does the same sort of thing in the US that News of the World did in England? Did I dream that?

Nope. It's a real pig circus at that lab.

The Rolling Stone article on Roger Ailes a short while ago talked about an electronically secure "brain room" at Fox headquarters in NYC where stuff happened. It didn't mention hacking specifically, but former staffers in the article hinted at nefarious things going on there. Too lazy to search, but a thread on the article ran here a couple weeks ago...

I don't remember it to be honest, but every so often you hear really creepy stories about FOX on any number of subjects. However, innocent until proven guilty. I need them to be substantiated in a real way. Anyone can tell a story and sometimes they do for their fifteen minutes.

As I said, my skepticism is high on all things FOX, but I really hope that there are lines they have not and will not cross.

If Rupert Murdoch came on TV and bit the head off a fetus, drank the blood saying that "this is what I need to complete me," I would think slightly worse of him than now.

Why? Do non-human parasites really rate that high on your list?

I think a mix of the 1st, 3rd and 5th options.

My opinion of Fox News has not changed, I havent thought of them as a legit news source for as long as i can remember, and this certainly isnt going to make me think any different. My opinion of it obviously wont get better because of this, and it cant get any worse. Full disclosure: The WSJ which is part of Newscorp, is and will remain part of my daily reading. It is the yin to the Washington Post's yang.

Also, i think this is very much a witch hunt by liberals. If a stupid british rag tabloid owned by anyone else in the world (except Bush, maybe), was the epicenter of this controversy, this wouldnt have been given a 2nd thought in America. That being said, i dont really have a problem with a good billionaire witch hunt. I say lets burn him. :evil:

I watched the entire hearing and must say that, other than a few too many I-don't-knows, he sounded very genuine for the most part. His son seemed like a bit of a sleazebag, but Rupert Murdoch came across like my grandpa (if my grandfather was a billionaire). He moved up a couple points based on what I watched today.

Archived