Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Rumor) Tiger Woods Is About To Go Down Again, And "Blood Spinning" Is About To Be A New Household Term.

McD5

Galea, isn't this the same guy Santana Moss was being treated by?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5204001

-- Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan is taking a "wait and see" approach to reports that receiver Santana Moss is linked to a Canadian doctor charged with smuggling and supplying human growth hormone.

Shanahan said Thursday that he will speak to Moss "at the right time" about the matter and has not been contacted by the league.

"Let's just wait and see before we throw him underneath the bus," Shanahan said after speaking at a local Chamber of Commerce luncheon.

The Buffalo News and Washington Post reported that Moss has received treatment from Galea and is the unidentified Washington player mentioned in an affidavit associated with the case. The affidavit said the Washington player was planning to meet with Galea at a hotel last September.

The Washington Post earlier reported that Moss received human growth hormone from Galea but has since changed its report to say that Moss received only treatment from the doctor.

Yep, same guy!

Oh I saw Tiger suddenly get ripped, just like everyone else. But they won't kill their cash cow. No way. Rory is a great story, but there's no way they let Tiger go on the shelf at his age.

Yeah, I recall the same claims being made about boxing and Mike Tyson. "Yeah, he's a thug and a crook, but he draws such big crowds. If Mike Tyson were to go on Dancing With The Stars, he'd draw a bigger audience than whoever the current heavyweight champ would, defending his title. They have to continue sending him into the ring, because he makes money."

OTOH, look at what a success pro boxing is, as a sport, right now. Don't know about you, but me, I can't even name the current heavyweight champ.

Looking the other way when a big-money player cheats may get you bigger revenues this year, but it can also cause your entire sport to become irrelevant.

----------

Now, that said, though:

1) How many of the executives making decisions like this actually give a **** about the long-term success of the sport, as opposed to making revenues go up this year at any cost?

2) And the thought does occur to me that that if someone wanted to argue against my theory that "intentionally looking the other way when people cheat, because they're making money, can cause your sport to die completely", one way they could do it would be to mention "NCAA Football".

---------- Post added June-25th-2011 at 09:58 AM ----------

We'll see.

It's hard to tell if the media loves these doping stories because:

a) Fans don't like cheaters

or

B) Media members are jealous hacks and don't like cheaters.

I think that all reporters have a desire to become the next Woodward and Bernstean. To be the people who exposed The Mighty. To show Gerald Ford bumping his head on an airplane door, or to catch Obama picking his nose.

Not only do things like that sell, sell, sell. But there's the feeling of power. And the fame within your profession.

He's not necessary for Golf to do well. Golf is moving on and there are new and bankable young stars that have already replaced him.

And yet even the commentators are nearly unanimous in the fact that without Tiger golf is leaderless and no one is willing to step up and take the lead.

The Klitchko's, Larry, and they moved the heavyweight title to Europe and are keeping it there. They also won't fight each other to unify.

Tiger will come back as a normal golfer and he'll do enough to overtake Nickelaus IMO, but if this is true there will be a Barry Bonds type stigma associated with anything he does. I think golf is not a ship and doesn't need a leader. I also think plenty of guys would love to step into those shoes, they're just not capable.

He's not necessary for Golf to do well. Golf is moving on and there are new and bankable young stars that have already replaced him.

I'd be more inclined to watch Tiger on a Sunday in the hunt for a title compared to someone like Rory. Watching Tiger when he was good is the only time I've ever watched golf before...and it's probably the only time I'll ever watch it voluntarily on my own. I'm not sure what other young, bankable stars are coming up but I doubt I'm the only one who doesn't really care about them...but if Tiger was in the hunt on Sunday, I'd be watching.

He might not be necessary for Golf to do well...but he's necessary for it to do great.

really the ratings for the us open were horrible compared to the masters with tiger

Not sure if this is a good comparison. Rory was so far ahead there was nothing to watch. I usually watch faithfully but had better things to do because I knew what the result would be.

It could just be me though.

Seriously?????? It's golf...GOLF

Tom Watson nearly won a major at 92 years old. Women can outplay men. It's not really a 'sport' in the physical sense. I love golf, but it's a shade above bowling for athleticism and sport.

LMAO! Clearly you've never played golf beforw (I'm sure you'll claim you have) amd if you have I'm certain you can't hit it worth a ****. The amount of torgue that these guys use in order to drive the ball is almost un-natural. It's a wonder more players don't have severe knee, hip and back injuries.

LMAO! Clearly you've never played golf beforw (I'm sure you'll claim you have) amd if you have I'm certain you can't hit it worth a ****. The amount of torgue that these guys use in order to drive the ball is almost un-natural. It's a wonder more players don't have severe knee, hip and back injuries.

Yes I have played golf and enjoy the hobby. It's where retired high school and college athletes go along with softball.

So tell me how un-natural Tom Watson is to compete on a major tourny at age 92. Or Tom Daly being a 'un-natural' athlete. It's a skill, not a sport.

There's alot of torgue in bowling too...

Hey McD, do you mean this bombshell

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6730320

In the article, it mentions Tiger, but not him going down with Galea

The Canadian citizen has cooperated with authorities, including making an appearance before a federal grand jury, and that's expected to impact her sentencing, which is scheduled for July 25.

Galea has gained notoriety in recent years for having treated well-known athletes such as Tiger Woods, Alex Rodriguez of the New York Yankees, and Carlos Beltran and Jose Reyes of the New York Mets -- none of whom have been tied to performance-enhancing drugs in court documents.

I'm still waiting.

Klitschkos need to fight each other (actually, there needs to be only ONE organization).

What the...? :)

Anyway- I'm not a fan of golf so please forgive my ignorance. Do most golf fans suspect Tiger Woods of having been a steroid user/abuser?

Is this the same thing that Kobe is doing? I just read about it on the BDL blog:

"The interesting part is that it's not super complicated," [stanford Orthopedic surgeon Allan Mishra] said. "It's really only your own blood taken out of a vein and prepared right in front of you and then put back in an area of your condition. So the concept is to try and use within your own body to help heal yourself. This is an opportunity to really take advantage of the body's own natural ability."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Kobe-Bryant-heads-to-Germany-for-knee-relief?urn=nba-wp5910#remaining-content

Archived