Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Rumor) Tiger Woods Is About To Go Down Again, And "Blood Spinning" Is About To Be A New Household Term.

McD5

It's amazing how people still give athletes the benefit of the doubt when all the signs are there.

From my experience hanging out in the OTC circle and all the stories I constantly hear, I've come to the conclusion that most athletes use performance enhancing drugs. Athletes who are perfectly clean are in the minority...even at the "amateur" level.

I'm going to be honest, I am no where near an expert when it comes to golf. In the last 10 years, I've probably watched an hours worth of golf. My question is, how can PED's help you in a finesse sport like golf, where strength is pretty much a non factor for the most part, and you're walking most of the time?

Just curious...

I'm going to be honest, I am no where near an expert when it comes to golf. In the last 10 years, I've probably watched an hours worth of golf. My question is, how can PED's help you in a finesse sport like golf, where strength is pretty much a non factor for the most part, and you're walking most of the time?

Just curious...

I'm no expert either, on golf or PEDs--i.e. I will now talk out of my ass.

I think Tiger was either at the top or near it when it came to driving distance. That would've been helped. And I think PED's might do more than just make you strong. They improve the overall performance of your muscles.

Just curious...

Grab a couple golf balls and an 8 iron and put them in your vehicle with you, and next time you drive past a field or an abandonded property that has grass/weeds about 1' - 2' (feet) tall on it, stop your car and go drop the golf balls in the grass/weeds. Then take your 8 iron and simply try to hit the ball out of the yard. IF you're able to get the ball out of the yard, imagine trying to hit out of that same grass/weeds 150-160 yards with that same 8 iron. Thats the things that Tiger could do, that almost nobody else on the tour could do until they all began to implement strength training regiments, and that's where strength is a very large factor in this "finesse" sport. :2cents:

Here we go, as mentioned:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/06/anthony-galea-pleads-guilty-drugs_n_891672.html

BUFFALO, N.Y. — A Canadian sports doctor whose high-profile clients have included Tiger Woods and Alex Rodriguez pleaded guilty in federal court Wednesday to bringing unapproved drugs, including human growth hormone, into the United States to unlawfully treat pro athletes.

Prosecutors alleged some athletes received injections of HGH, banned by major sports, and Actovegin, a derivative of calf's blood not approved for use in the United States. They also said some athletes were given intravenous Actovegin drips and platelet-rich plasma therapy, a treatment used to speed healing that involves extracting blood from patients and re-injecting just the plasma. (Blood-spinning)

Galea was widely known for using platelet-rich plasma therapy. He became the focus of Canadian and U.S. authorities' attention in September 2009, when his assistant, Mary Anne Catalano, was stopped at the border in Buffalo with a small quantity of human growth hormone, Actovegin and vials of foreign homeopathic drugs.

Catalano is scheduled to be sentenced later this month after pleading guilty to a count of lying to border agents. As part of her plea, she's been cooperating in the investigation.

Now let's see if they roll, or if they keep their mouths shut. Did anyone notice Tiger just dropped out of another event, as his injuries won't heal?

I follow golf very closely, I work in the Golf Industry and I have been a long time fan of Tiger Woods. He probably did dope and is probably guilty of the allegations out there. This however should be totally seperated from the reasoning behind Tiger falling to 17th in the world and not being as dominant as he was. He's upwards of 35 years old now and his swing has fallen apart. There are so many mechanical things wrong with his swing right now and those are what will prevent him from winning when and if he returns. He's gone through several swing coaches and no one can fix him. He has rebuilt his swing so many times he's all crossed up now. Tiger could always overcome his swing faults because he was always the best putter in the world by a huge margin. He doesn't have the confidence with his putter anymore and he doesn't get up and down with a high enough percentage to win tournaments. If Tiger does come back with even a decent game tee to green it still won't matter. The rest of the tour has caught him and the talent out there right now is better than it has been at any point in Tiger's career. Phil was never really a challenge to Tiger. Rory, Jason Day and a mix of other young guns are going to be what keeps Tiger from reaching Jack's record.

Here we go, as mentioned:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/06/anthony-galea-pleads-guilty-drugs_n_891672.html

BUFFALO, N.Y. — A Canadian sports doctor whose high-profile clients have included Tiger Woods and Alex Rodriguez pleaded guilty in federal court Wednesday to bringing unapproved drugs, including human growth hormone, into the United States to unlawfully treat pro athletes.

Prosecutors alleged some athletes received injections of HGH, banned by major sports, and Actovegin, a derivative of calf's blood not approved for use in the United States. They also said some athletes were given intravenous Actovegin drips and platelet-rich plasma therapy, a treatment used to speed healing that involves extracting blood from patients and re-injecting just the plasma. (Blood-spinning)

Galea was widely known for using platelet-rich plasma therapy. He became the focus of Canadian and U.S. authorities' attention in September 2009, when his assistant, Mary Anne Catalano, was stopped at the border in Buffalo with a small quantity of human growth hormone, Actovegin and vials of foreign homeopathic drugs.

Catalano is scheduled to be sentenced later this month after pleading guilty to a count of lying to border agents. As part of her plea, she's been cooperating in the investigation.

Now let's see if they roll, or if they keep their mouths shut. Did anyone notice Tiger just dropped out of another event, as his injuries won't heal?

This title is misleading from HP. It's already been reported that Tiger and A-Rod had nothing to do with Galea smuggling PED into the country. Court documents already proved that.

The Canadian citizen has cooperated with authorities, including making an appearance before a federal grand jury, and that's expected to impact her sentencing, which is scheduled for July 25.

Galea has gained notoriety in recent years for having treated well-known athletes such as Tiger Woods, Alex Rodriguez of the New York Yankees, and Carlos Beltran and Jose Reyes of the New York Mets -- none of whom have been tied to performance-enhancing drugs in court documents.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6730320

This is from the ESPN article reported a week and a half ago.

Come on McD, I know you can do better. :)

IRory, Jason Day and a mix of other young guns are going to be what keeps Tiger from reaching Jack's record.
At one point in the not too distant past LOTS of people said Tiger would easily break, shatter even, Jack Nicklaus's record of 18 major victories. Not so much anymore.

Steroid use for a few weeks to recovery from injury should be fine, weened off and tested after to insure.

simple.

It should be obvious, but from posts in this thread it clearly is not.

Just because a procedure can be justified for something like acute healing doesn't mean that's all it's used for. This procedure takes your blood and produces abnormally high amounts of hgh, and then puts it back into your body. Maybe athletes really do use it for acute injuries. Almost certainly, they don't stop there.

My cousin is a Dr who does this procedure and nothing about it is illegal, at least not in North America. I believe the correct term is Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy. Now if Galea was spiking Tigers with HGH then there is a problem and Tiger is a "doper" for lack of a better term, but if the sample was not spiked with anything then he did not break any laws, maybe a PGA rule but not a law (although I highly doubt the PGA would limit the providers to American Dr's, the PGA has a lot of non American players who I am sure would take issue with such a policy).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived