Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If convicted of Premeditated Murder, should Casey Anthony get the Death Penalty ?

Mickalino

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I voted no, simply because I have an issue with the court system finding innocent people guilty. I realize that the vast majority of the time they get it right, but how many innocent people being put to death is acceptable? If there was a way to convict someone and there be no possible doubt as to their guilt, then sure, if the crime fits. I don't have a moral problem with people that do terrible things like this being executed for their crimes.

No. I oppose the death penalty in all cases.

This. And all your subsequent posts on the matter as well.

would you feel the same if the person you were closest too was murdered.

My best friend from 2nd grade on--essentially a brother to me--was murdered. Coming up on 10 years now. They never made an arrest in the case unfortunately. If you had asked me during the first couple of years following his death, I would've been all about it. But not anymore. As Predicto said, it's not going to bring a person back. And I have to look big picture. Both personally and societal..

How can a lib possibly be aganst the death penalty, but pro-abortion?

It's absurd.

I don't remember you being such a hack politically. Maybe I just forgot during your extended leave of absence? Or is it your new schtick?

I never said you should change your view Predicto. I understand your point of view. I don't agree with it but I understand it. To me, it's different. I look at it as if your just putting down a vicious animal. I would lose zero sleep over it.

But you're not putting down a vicious animal. Would you kill her with your own hand? Would killing another human give you no pause?

Can killing the murderer bring that little girl back to life?

If it can, then I will change my view and support the death penalty.

Will putting her murderer in jail bring that little girl back to life?

That's not the best reason to give for being against the death penalty lol...

---------- Post added June-25th-2011 at 08:52 AM ----------

How can a lib possibly be aganst the death penalty, but pro-abortion?

It's absurd.

And the opposite is how can a conservative be against abortion, but for the death penalty?

The answers are:

1) The lib does not view the fetus as having the same rights as an independently living human being, and that the woman's rights should take precedence...

and

2) The conservative does not view the death penalty as taking an innocent life...that the convict's actions are to blame as where the fetus did nothing...

I don't think they have enough that good hearted people (that are probably on the jury) would give a death penalty. Here's what I thought. Casey was drugging Caylee so she could go out and play, and put her into the trunk of her car. That right there is felony child abuse, I think we can all agree. Then, one time the ultimate happens, Caylee dies. That is murder. So now we have felony murder. It is a death penalty offense, but if I were on the jury, I'd vote for life. The circumstantial part of the case shows murder, but I don't think they have proven enough to show willful intent to commit murder. Casey only intended that Caylee go to sleep. I don't think she ever intended to kill Caylee outright.

That said, Casey shows no remorse, goes out partying like nothing ever happened etc. She's a classic sociopath in that she has no conscience. If my child were missing for even a couple of minutes, one would do all one could to find it. If a child drowns in a pool, one calls 911. I think I heard that drowning is the number 1 cause of death in children in Florida, due to all the pools there. So why wouldn't an ex cop call 911? That story is just absurd on the face of it.

I don't think they have enough that good hearted people (that are probably on the jury) would give a death penalty. Here's what I thought. Casey was drugging Caylee so she could go out and play, and put her into the trunk of her car. That right there is felony child abuse, I think we can all agree. Then, one time the ultimate happens, Caylee dies. That is murder. So now we have felony murder. It is a death penalty offense, but if I were on the jury, I'd vote for life. The circumstantial part of the case shows murder, but I don't think they have proven enough to show willful intent to commit murder. Casey only intended that Caylee go to sleep. I don't think she ever intended to kill Caylee outright.

That said, Casey shows no remorse, goes out partying like nothing ever happened etc. She's a classic sociopath in that she has no conscience. If my child were missing for even a couple of minutes, one would do all one could to find it. If a child drowns in a pool, one calls 911. I think I heard that drowning is the number 1 cause of death in children in Florida, due to all the pools there. So why wouldn't an ex cop call 911? That story is just absurd on the face of it.

She's definitely a sociopath :yes:...the lack of conscience afterwards (partying immediately afterwards), the insane amount of lying and thinking she could get away with those lies (lying about working at Universal Studios--and then actually taking the police there lol)..this is more than a young woman making a horrific mistake and then trying to cover it up.

Casey will be very happen in prison. Afterall, she played with women at her clubs and all (and who knows what happened behind closed doors), she won't want for company. She'll end up like Susan Smith who by all accounts is doing okay in prison too.

They say she would be isolated in prison, like Jeffrey Dalmer. But of course, even Dalmer was killed, during one of his few moments within the prison community.

I wouldn't be surprised if something really violent happens to Casey in prison.

They say she would be isolated in prison, like Jeffrey Dalmer. But of course, even Dalmer was killed, during one of his few moments within the prison community.

I wouldn't be surprised if something really violent happens to Casey in prison.

I dunno...it seems that male prisoners truly despise child killers. Female prisoners, though, may not harbor that same hatred. Women who have been convicted of killing their children have basically been treated no different than any other convicts in prison (not all, obviously, but a helluva lot higher percentage than their male counterparts). Diane Downs shot her three children, killing two of them (I think)...when she went to jail not only did she end up with a female lover in prison, she was aided in an escape lol...

She should be put to death for being a mother who parties when she knows her child is dead.

What a freaking psycho. This case bothers me on so many levels, I can't stand watching it on the news and seeing pictures of that poor little girl.

Personally, I don't care if she's put to death or not. For her, it would probably be more torture to be pent up in jail, unable to live a party lifestyle with her friends. I'm going to be pissed if she gets off for this though.

My sister in-law lives about 1 1.2 miles from the anthonys, her son went to the elementary school near where Caylees remains were found. She said it has been a circus over there the past 3 yrs

The Geraldo Rivera show called her right after the trial started and wanted her to be on the show, she has the same name as one of the people listed in the police reports who knew Casey

I told her she should she should have went on and lied. She could make the talk show circuit rounds. I do not think it is a crime to lie to the media

As for the death penalty, I am against it except under extreme circumstances. and the burden of proof has to be beyond ALL doubt

No. Life in prison without the possibility of parole will do just fine. The death penalty should only be reserved for extreme cases like Ted Bundy or Timothy McVeigh.

Who is Casey Anthony?

With all due respect, do you live under a rock? Tell me you at least know who Amanda Knox is.

Absolutely she should receive the death penalty and frankly more people should be given the death penalty in this country. Stop keeping these insane people in our prisons, costing us thousands of dollars, for 40, 50 years and just get rid of them. They deserve it. They've suffered through being alive and being in trial. Now it's time to die.

Absolutely she should receive the death penalty and frankly more people should be given the death penalty in this country. Stop keeping these insane people in our prisons, costing us thousands of dollars, for 40, 50 years and just get rid of them. They deserve it. They've suffered through being alive and being in trial. Now it's time to die.

I believe it costs much more to sentence them to death because of the legal fees revolving the appeal process. I'm for the death penalty. I just don't feel this case warrants it personally.

I believe it costs much more to sentence them to death because of the legal fees revolving the appeal process.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/27/just-cost-death-penalty-killer-state-budgets/

Overall, according to Dieter, the studies have uniformly and conservatively shown that a death-penalty trial costs $1 million more than one in which prosecutors seek life without parole.
An Urban Institute study of Maryland's experience with the death penalty found that a single death-penalty trial cost $1.9 million more than a non-death-penalty trial. Since 1978, the cost to taxpayers for the five executions the state carried out was $37.2 million dollars — each
Since 1983, taxpayers in New Jersey have paid $253 million more for death penalty trials than they would have paid for trials not seeking execution — but the Garden State has yet to execute a single convict. Of the 197 capital cases tried in New Jersey, there have been 60 death sentences, the report said, and 50 of the those convictions were overturned.

---------- Post added June-26th-2011 at 11:12 AM ----------

The problem is you need to allow time for an appeals process.

Just because the court system finds you guilty and sentences you to death, it doesn't mean you're actually guilty and deserve to die. The rate of death sentence cases that are overturned is much higher than you might think.

Lying under oath is a LOT more common than you believe. And you want to automatically take her statements as 100% infallible truth, simply because she was under oath

That reminds me of the line in The Social Network, when Zuckerberg said "I'm not embarrassed, she just made a lot of that stuff up." The lawyer said "She was under oath" to which Mark replied "Then I guess that would be the first time someone has lied under oath."

In either case, I clicked on undecided for now.

Archived