Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mid-Term Report Card: How IS that hopey/changey thing workin' out for ya?

Teller

A few things.

1) I don't want "help" with my child support. I want half the tax credit, that I've earned by providing half of my children's sustenance.

Your situation, I'm sure, is no less sincere then any other American that has suffered from health costs, predatory lending practices, faulty mortgages, shady credit services, etc. It doesn't mean everyone see's it the same way as you do. You could be out of work, without insurance, bankrupt, poor, an illegal immigrant, a felon, etc.

People aren't going to see it from your perspective on what's fair and what's right.

2) Obama DID promise to do that during the campaign.
He tried, its just not a priority right now.

You don't want to hear it, but if you want that bill to pass then Barack Obama is the best chance you have. It will never pass with a Republican majority and like I said before, it will be a long time before you find a President that is sympathetic to this issue.

3) "The country" includes millions of men in the same situation. I doubt their opposition is as "vehement" as you describe it.
Absolutely vehement. I could say right wing instead of country if you wish, but the democrats hardly make this a priority either.

Not sure what to tell you. Talk is tough until you see the reality of things. I could give you examples of the opposition the Fatherhood Bill faced during the BP Oil Spill and then during the budget situations. They're insulting.

Your situation, I'm sure, is no less sincere then any other American that has suffered from health costs, predatory lending practices, faulty mortgages, shady credit services, etc. It doesn't mean everyone see's it the same way as you do. You could be out of work, without insurance, bankrupt, poor, an illegal immigrant, a felon, etc.

People aren't going to see it from your perspective on what's fair and what's right.

And with those other issues you mentioned there has been action taken. On this one, there hasn't. I think it's fair to ask, frankly, "WTF?" Especially when we were told that was going to change.

He tried, its just not a priority right now.

Nope. Too busy trying to get the debt ceiling raised. It'd be nice if I could do that. :)

You don't want to hear it, but if you want that bill to pass then Barack Obama is the best chance you have. It will never pass with a Republican majority and like I said before, it will be a long time before you find a President that is sympathetic to this issue.

It doesn't change, raise, or lower any net taxes; nor change the support obligation of those paying, or money received by custodial parents. There's no reason not to change it politically. The ONLY thing it does is throw us a rare bone, and make it just a tiny bit easier to survive.

Absolutely vehement. I could say right wing instead of country if you wish, but the democrats hardly make this a priority either.

Anyone who "vehemently" opposes this is an absolute moron. As I said, it doesn't change the tax base at all, and to qualify for it, you have to be up-to-date on your support obligation. I understand lambasting dead-beat dads. Vehemently opposing the literal survival of those doing the right thing is so ridiculous that I can explain it and remain a member of this board.

Not sure what to tell you. Talk is tough until you see the reality of things. I could give you examples of the opposition the Fatherhood Bill faced during the BP Oil Spill and then during the budget situations. They're insulting.

Oh I followed it. I try not to broach this subject too often because of the very raw emotions I have involved in it. That's the only reason I didn't start a thread back then.

Not to sidetrack, but I've always pushed alt energy development (just not the stupid kinds),it just gets lost in my push for expanded domestic drilling...

what are the stupid kinds in your opinion. i am making a floating offshore wind turbine. i might make a thread when i finish.

i do not like obama, i think he is a very weak leader, which is exactly what we dont need right now. however, i would like him a lot more if he could develop a "national no work day" for the election.

what are the stupid kinds in your opinion. i am making a floating offshore wind turbine. i might make a thread when i finish.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing that.

My dad just finished a job helping to install the "traditional" turbines up here in Western MD. He took a lot of pictures while he was up there, and I found it fascinating.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing that.

My dad just finished a job helping to install the "traditional" turbines up here in Western MD. He took a lot of pictures while he was up there, and I found it fascinating.

its going to be scaled down obviously, just a model in a wave flume for now.

however, it is suprisingly easy and cheap to build a homemade turbine if you have room on your property.

what are the stupid kinds in your opinion..

The most egregious is corn ethanol,the only good reason to use food for fuel is excess production or crap like sugar cane

Hopefully there will be a cellulosic ethanol process(or algae) that is commercially viable soon and we can abandon that idiocy.

Solar(w/o a major advance) is extremely limited

Wind is among the closest to being viable (cost and material wise) at the present,as well as geothermal(which is constant,unlike wind).

More a matter of the foolishness of expanding dated technology(and heavily subsidizing it) while catering to the lobbyists ....there is only so much money we can print

add to get back on topic

somebody obviously pissed off the head of the National Black Camber of Commerce :ols:

v=ecdf4RSVe1Y

"I doubt he gets 35% of the black vote"

"Hope isn't hiring"

"Hope isn't lowering gas prices"

Marxist,Fanatical"

I guess another Oreo is loose;)

Well, Obama finally has really shown something a leader does. We don't know all the details but it looks like when he told we were ready to go after Bin Laden, he gave the go. This is something that could be a major turning point in the Obama administration. Maybe even give Obama more confidence to take on his foes and fight for what he believes in.

A few things.

1) I don't want "help" with my child support. I want half the tax credit, that I've earned by providing half of my children's sustenance.

2) Obama DID promise to do that during the campaign.

3) "The country" includes millions of men in the same situation. I doubt their opposition is as "vehement" as you describe it.

Again I will ask why not get this covered during the divorce and custody hearings?

So I'm still the highest grade for President Obama?

---------- Post added May-2nd-2011 at 08:47 AM ----------

Again I will ask why not get this covered during the divorce and custody hearings?

Your pretending men have rights ;) I got 50% with no primary parent by NOT going to court.

I must be the minority. I got the kid, house and every spoon in the drawer.

And she pays me child support every month.

Thing is, i wasn't happy with my divorce decree,, i felt there were things I could have done better with, chief among them being the tax credit. I get it, but we split it every year... this is my year to claim it.

When my attorney told me that was part of it, I was furious. I raise the boy. He lives here. I provide the lion's share of everything he needs. but she's going claim tax credit half the time?

But, that isn't a problem of gov't,,, just a bit of a raw deal my lawyer handed me.

~Bang

I think one thing is clear: Obama is not Jimmy Carter in that he will authorize actions inside another country's borders without blinking.

carter authorized the (superficially) very similar sounding helicoptor raid into Iran to free the hostages. The difference is that the organizers/troops/intel/whomever flubbed that one badly, so it was seen as an example of weak leadership. when the organizers/troops/intel/whomever do a good job, it is seet as bold strong leadership.

carter authorized the (superficially) very similar sounding helicoptor raid into Iran to free the hostages. The difference is that the organizers/troops/intel/whomever flubbed that one badly, so it was seen as an example of weak leadership. when the organizers/troops/intel/whomever do a good job, it is seet as bold strong leadership.

Which is what gave birth to the so called "Seal Team 6", which is responsible for this raid on Osama. Funny how things work.

My personal and family circumstances in the past two years are arguably the best of my marriage's 21+ years.

It's hard to give Obama a negative evaluation under these circumstance. :)

you finally moved back to Ireland, didn't you?

"1) What has changed?"

Marginal economic improvement at the cost of skyrocketing debt. Our security situation feels about the same as before minus one all important scumbag. Exit Iraq (kinda) enter Libya (kinda.) Energy costs rising. Food costs rising. Good jobs feel like a myth these days.

"2) Give Obama a letter grade for his performance so far."

C-

He got us out of Iraq- the country that did not cause 9/11.

My troops are still in Iraq. No one said they did however they did provide a safe haven for Al qaeda to train and receive medical treatment. And of course Iraq Saddam did attempt to purchase materials that would help in restarting their weapons program.

---------- Post added May-2nd-2011 at 01:20 PM ----------

Looked at Obama's approval ratings today:

FOX: 12%

CNN: 99.8%

MSNBC: Eleventy-gazillion %

:ols:

I expect a significant change when its time to fill up the gas tank on Memorial Day Weekend

My troops are still in Iraq. No one said they did however they did provide a safe haven for Al qaeda to train and receive medical treatment. And of course Iraq Saddam did attempt to purchase materials that would help in restarting their weapons program.

SEALs FTW. :)

-NavyChach

('86-'92, USS Iowa.)

I wasn't aware that we had the option of sending the Irish back to Ireland. This intrigues me.

When the clowns go back to looks for their roots and buy duty-free knitted sweaters, their passports should be revoked. It's a little known part of the Patriot Act.

Anyway, I think the next breaking news item will be British SAS storming the Capitol and removing Peter King for a sea burial for his support of Irish Republican terrorists for many years. The British thought the US were their allies in the war on terror, but apparently they've been harboring this guy for years.

Anyway, I think the next breaking news item will be British SAS storming the Capitol and removing Peter King for a sea burial for his support of Irish Republican terrorists for many years. The British thought the US were their allies in the war on terror, but apparently they've been harboring this guy for years.

Sure there wasn't some sort of a swap inolving Whitey Bulger?

Archived