Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mid-Term Report Card: How IS that hopey/changey thing workin' out for ya?

Teller

I guess, but these are the people complaining that he is done a lot to put government into our lives. Now, he's done "nothing," according to my generalizations of the posts.

I don't think there are many - if any - Christian Conservatives here. Considering that is the most important part of the Conservative movement, it makes the criticisms here a little out of touch.

Pretty simple.

1) What has changed? (Bonus points if you can list a change for the better.)

2) Give Obama a letter grade for his performance so far.

3) Feel free to discuss any topics the administration has faced, and give your opinion of how well/poorly they've been handled.

1. Nada

2. F Same as his predecessor.

3. Different label. Same old corrupt government.

The conservatives in the Tailgate are actually dominated by Libertarians' date=' I think. That's how you get weird things like "conservatives" saying that Obama has sucked up too much to Wall Street or hasn't done "enough."

I bet if you ran a straw poll here among "conservatives," Gary Johnson would win. And he is not going to top 5 percent in any primary.[/quote']

I think John McCain was absolutely on the right track when he attempted to cloak himself in Theodore Roosevelt Republicanism. The times are changing and the line between big government and big business has been obliterated in the economic orgy of the past few decades. The new Guilded Age is over and whatever party picks up the mantle of Roosevelt and really goes after big the business/government symbiote is going to get this conservative's support.

Those hateful conservatives! :ols:

Bush Sr. and W tolerated as much hatred from the far left as Carter, Clinton, and Obama have from the right. The only president that has gotten a pass since Watergate is Reagan and that was a convergence of winning personality, economic fortune, a truly reviled predecessor, and a convenient arch nemesis in the USSR..

Hatred is one thing, it's expected.

Straight up Witch Hunts are another.

I'm an ex-Republican, and above I pretty much laid out why.

~Bang

Easily the most effective and best member of the administration. An absolute homerun, she has done a fantastic job, not only with dealing with foreign leaders but how she has handled employee issues with FSOs and the like at State.

I would actually vote for her in 2012 for POTUS *shudder*

Good Lord, yesterday twa says he is all for aggressively investing in sustainable energy instead of oil and now this.

What the hell is going to happen next?

I forgot a grade

I give a C. I'm not one who believes all the promises made during campaigns,, I believe that once they win, they find out then why their promises sometimes aren't viable and I can accept that.

I believe that most of the Presidents we've ever elected walk into a job that is larger and more complex than they ever expected. I think most of them believe their promises until they find out otherwise.. case in point one of the most famous "broken" promises of my lifetime,, "Read my lips,, no new taxes".. that didn't anticipate having to pay for a war. When Bush 1 did raise tax as a result, I didn't complain and scream that he broke a promise. things changed. events occured that were not expected. I'll give him all the credit in the world for having the balls to do what he knew needed to be done, even if it meant breaking a promise and angering people.

I give Obama a C because he's been trying in a very difficult time in our history to do some good things, and there's a lot of circumstances that make that very difficult (..that are not about partisanship.) We've got some truly daunting problems facing us,, no easy answers, no quick fixes.. no matter who we elect.)

~Bang

I was talking specifically about the post I quoted as the lowest grade throughout the thread, anyone who thinks Obama has done nothing good and deserves an F is just being a hack.

More War is an automatic F grade to me and it end right there. I know he said he would increase the Wars, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

Call me a hack if you want, I want Peace and nothing is more important.

Not much that I can see. Health care is a mess, our foreign relations is a mess, transparency never happened, race relations are worse today then before he got in office, he was so bad a second stupid Republican party has been created as if one wasn't bad enough. Maybe the good thing he did was make credit card companies show us how much we have to pay to pay the thing off in 3 years (I think he did that). He has been as bad as I thought he would be.

Ummm F, what the hell was that war in Libya about or over? Hows come the Democrats didn't beat him to a pulp like they did W Jr whe n we openly attacked a nation that hadn't attacked us or an ally first? Total double standard on the liberals for that.

3) Feel free to discuss any topics the administration has faced, and give your opinion of how well/poorly they've been handled.

I'd like to discuss this. Why do Republicans think Obama sucks donkeys but forget how poorly of a job W was 8 years before that? Is the attention span of a Republican really that short? I believe that both parties are the same, that there isn't any difference between them and they both suck. What say you?

[/color]As for Obama's grade, I give him a D. Like Bush before him, President Obama is playing out an anaemic, Guilded Age, big business lap dog roll. It's the right time for a Teddy Roosevelt but Obama has been shockingly differential to big business. If he had a backbone, Obama could go down as one of the great presidents because the moment is ripe for a new hero in the White House.

Great turn of phrase . . . "Guilded Age" in this era of special interest lobbying.

Number one rule in grading...throw out the highest and lowest grades.

:ols: I'll throw in a curve.

---------- Post added April-28th-2011 at 10:53 AM ----------

I was talking specifically about the post I quoted as the lowest grade throughout the thread, anyone who thinks Obama has done nothing good and deserves an F is just being a hack.

I'm not attempting to be a hack.

Mearly expressing my disgust.

1) Ordered that conditions at Walter Reed Military Hospital and other neglected military hospitals be improved.

2) Ended the Bush-era practice of awarding “no-bid” defense contracts.

3) Authorized construction of additional health centers to care for veterans.

4) New GI Bill for returning veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan

5) Instituted enforcements for equal pay for women (Lilly Ledbetter Bill).

6) Appointed Sonia Sotomayor, the first Latina, to the Supreme Court.

7) Signed the first major piece of federal gay rights legislation that includes acts of violence against gays under the list of federal hate crimes.

8) Ended the Bush-era policy of offering tax benefits to corporations who outsource American jobs.

9) Cut the expensive Reagan era missile defense program, saving $1.4 billion of your tax dollars in 2010

10) Ended the Bush-era policy allowing “enhanced interrogation” (torture); the US is again in compliance with Geneva Convention standards (2009) However, some controversial interrogation techniques still continue :mad:

I have a list of more positive changes if your interested.

I have a good job, a house, two cars, health insurance, and I'm financially comfortable. I'm living the American dream...so my grade is high. However, ask anyone else suffering through the recession and you'll get a different grade.

Good Lord, yesterday twa says he is all for aggressively investing in sustainable energy instead of oil and now this.

What the hell is going to happen next?

Not to sidetrack, but I've always pushed alt energy development (just not the stupid kinds),it just gets lost in my push for expanded domestic drilling...

:ols: I'll throw in a curve.

I'm not attempting to be a hack.

Mearly expressing my disgust.

It's just hard to take comments like that seriously, I mean to look at 3 years and conclude that nothing is better and that the President gets an F? I was disgusted with Bush but I still wouldn't give him an F after all not everything he did was bad, a D- maybe but a failing grade. It makes me think that the standard for what a good President should be and should accomplish in three years is set unrealistically high.

It's just hard to take comments like that seriously, I mean to look at 3 years and conclude that nothing is better and that the President gets an F? I was disgusted with Bush but I still wouldn't give him an F after all not everything he did was bad, a D- maybe but a failing grade. It makes me think that the standard for what a good President should be and should accomplish in three years is set unrealistically high.

No it's just people putting POLITICS before COUNTRY

1) Ordered that conditions at Walter Reed Military Hospital and other neglected military hospitals be improved.

7) Signed the first major piece of federal gay rights legislation that includes acts of violence against gays under the list of federal hate crimes.

8) Ended the Bush-era policy of offering tax benefits to corporations who outsource American jobs.

9) Cut the expensive Reagan era missile defense program, saving $1.4 billion of your tax dollars in 2010

10) Ended the Bush-era policy allowing “enhanced interrogation” (torture); the US is again in compliance with Geneva Convention standards (2009) However, some controversial interrogation techniques still continue :mad:

I have a good job, a house, two cars, health insurance, and I'm financially comfortable. I'm living the American dream...so my grade is high. However, ask anyone else suffering through the recession and you'll get a different grade.

Whether its Obama or a republican in office, this thread is making me wonder if Americans are just a bunch of cynical whiny babies who will never be satisfied with anything the President does.

Was slated for BRAC prior to Obama, Walter Reed is going to be torn down and become prime real Estate. Army pukes will now be located at the Bethesda Walter Reed medical Center with my shipmates and airdudes.

yeah a far left anti military type from Harvard picked because of her lack of history. When will she finally come out?

And this is great why?

The one with the treaty where we put Russia more in our business and in a better offensive position?

Yeah using the Army Field manual is really going to make terrorists give up information, but yeah blasting Eminem, and other music (allegedly) from the 21st century would be torture. Liberals sure are determined to have people believe that the Geneva Convention applies to non uniformed not affiliated with a nation enemy combatans.

He gets a B from me.

He has disappointed me in many ways, but he was handed a very tough hand on arrival with the imploded economy and two botched foreign wars.

People have ridiculous expectations about what a President can accomplish.

The debt has increased and we have a new country in the middle east to bomb. Gas prices have changed. Other than that, he's pretty much a Bush clone, just a different race and speaks better.

F. However, that's not saying he started all of the mess, but he's not fixing anything. It's kind of funny about yesterday during his BC presser. "I don't have time for this. I have more important things to do." Then he immediately goes to the Oprah Winfrey show lmao.

Off the top of my head, printing money to prop up markets, Libya, Obama care, and the handling of the Gulf Oil Spill were handled poorly.

Archived