Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vinny Cerato on 106.7 The FAN

More Complete

Liar. Spags took himself out of contention for the job because he didn't want any part of this circus.

Yeah I read that. most of what he said didn't add up. Zorn was the bane of all that went wrong according to Vinny but he takes no responsibility for the hire -- how could he -- if he's using Zorn as the scapegoat he can't associate himself at the same time to him. when cornered about why not hire Spags and Schwartz -- his answer was that they weren't ready. Heck Zorn was never even a coordinator in the league but he was more ready than those guys?

And the idea that Zorn lost it because his ego was too big and too concerned about being a celebrity is laughable. I've been one of Zorn's toughest critics on the board as back as season 1 -- but as a person that guy exuded class.

---------- Post added March-8th-2011 at 06:02 PM ----------

Seems like the rest of the world has started to figure out how awful Vinny was, and is.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/08/vinny-cerrato-jim-zorn-ruined-by-ego-becoming-a-celebrity/

Yeah that article summed it well

Wow Vinny really is in idiot. I guess he's still basically unemployed, with the exception of a few radio appearances, right? I wish I'd called in. Just listened to some of the audio, and some of the callers gave Vinny softballs...like "why is it so hard to evaluate a college quarterback?"

If I could be in the same room as Vinny, all I'd want to know is two basic things:

1) Why did you neglect O-line for all those years when it was so obvious it was such a need.

2) What, on God's green earth, made you (and Snyder) think it was OK for you to hire assistant coaches before hiring a head coach?!?!?

Wow Vinny really is in idiot. I guess he's still basically unemployed, with the exception of a few radio appearances, right? I wish I'd called in. Just listened to some of the audio, and some of the callers gave Vinny softballs...like "why is it so hard to evaluate a college quarterback?"

If I could be in the same room as Vinny, all I'd want to know is two basic things:

1) Why did you neglect O-line for all those years when it was so obvious it was such a need.

2) What, on God's green earth, made you (and Snyder) think it was OK for you to hire assistant coaches before hiring a head coach?!?!?

Keep listening he was asked both questions

He is in Texas with Coach Brown "helping" i guess thats the word u could use

Helping him what? Wax his car?

Seriously Zorn was way out of his depth as a HC and probably as an OC but he seemed like a real good guy who acted with class. He was naive in how he opened up to the media at times but I did not see or read anything that suggested he was on some ego trip. He was a bad HC undermined by an even worse GM.

The things he should say:

I sucked and helped destroy a once great franchise.

I have no clue what it takes to be a sucessfull NFL Executive.

I was only qualified to be Dan Snyders driver, not a de-facto GM.

I cant believe ESPN pays me to be an 'expert" since I am nothing of the sort.

Actually, Charlie Casserly and Norv Turner ruined a once great franchise. Synder and Cerrato just kept it ruined and on a occasion make it worse.

Snyder and Cerrato are both disingenuous pricks. When Zorn was hired Danny was the one who crowed to the media that he was the one who called Gibbs (of course, to emphasize that if Joe affirmed a decision it had to be legit) and said "I think this guy would be a great head coach!!" Then after two horrible seasons, Snyder claims he wasn't the one who picked Zorn, saying "I'm not a football guy." Pathetic.

As far as LKB's prediction, I'm optimistic that Mike will right the ship and will be here for a while. However, I do cringe at thinking of the time when Shanny leaves and if Bruce Allen isn't around to choose the next HC.

Vinny just said that Joe Gibbs turned the play calling over to Saunders in '06 because of the media.

Vinny said that if Gibbs had continued to call plays into '06 he believed they would have gone back to the playoffs.

this angers me, I listened to the latter part of the interview and missed this part but if true it really makes me wonder about Gibbs II and just how power wrought an environment we have here at Redskins Park for a legend like Gibbs to buckle under pressure especially media.

this angers me, I listened to the latter part of the interview and missed this part but if true it really makes me wonder about Gibbs II and just how power wrought an environment we have here at Redskins Park for a legend like Gibbs to buckle under pressure especially media.

ya he said that. now, i dont know if gibbs brought in saunders cuz of the media. could be vinny just saying that with his own spin or interpretation of the situation. maybe gibbs just felt like saunders could do a better job of playcalling. who knows.

Vinny is still in denial that he ruined our franchise for years to come. He can blame whatever he would like on Zorn and others, but Shanahan wasn't able to do much with the mess that Vinny left in his first year either.

For each great move that Vinny claims he made, there are at least 2 bonehead moves to pair with it -- and some of the moves he touted as solid just a few years ago have panned out to be far less (Horton was his favorite example a few years back)

The funny thing is while this may come off as spin, we all knew ALL of this already.

There were no other candidates. The horribly bungled coaching search - probably the worst in pro sports history - scared away or missed out on virtually all qualified candidates. They really had no choice but to give Zorn - or some other equally unqualified loser - the job.

We all know Zorn didn't listen to Snyder or Cerrato - and why should he have? This isn't news. Steve Largent told us all about how Snyderatto were waving Zorn's contract in front of his face to force him to do things "their" way. He never had a chance and was intended to be a puppet all along.

As far as the radio show who the hell knows about that. It was a ridiculous idea and I don't see what it has to do with Zorn. But yeah, we already know Zorn "Black and Maroon" was awful with the media.

If anything, Cerrato opening his trap now just confirms what we already know. Nothing new here.

There were plenty of other people to hire. Jason Garrett, John Harbaugh, Ron Rivera, Greg Williams, Jim Caldwell, Rex Ryan, Denny Green and Jim Fassel were all available. They all would have done a better job then Zorn.

This was the obvious choice, disappointing Snyder let his personal feelings get in the way of THE RIGHT MOVE.

I thought it was Gregg, with 2 G's - wasn't the running quote that the second G stood for "genius." Passing on Williams was an incredible mistake on the Redskins' part - I had always thought he was the planned Gibbs successor and the locker room definitely supported the guy.

Nine pages on this assclown? Seriously, unless I have a chance to kick Vinny in the balls, I don't want to see or hear him. This guy was Millenesque as VP of Football Operations. Anyone who thinks otherwise, I have one sentence for you: "You mean like Sacks and Stuff?"

Archived