Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vinny Cerato on 106.7 The FAN

More Complete

Wonder if they took phone calls ????? To let the fans "talk" to Vinny. LMAO

They said they were going to but I couldn’t listen to the whole interview. They also planned to discuss the draft. I would like to know what Vinny’s opinion is so that the Skins can do exactly the opposite! ;)

Sure...but to consider that 4-year stretch anything resembling "continued success" is ridiculous. Hell, we lost more games than we won. The 2003 and 2009 seasons show me how good a coach Gibbs was, but if Vinny thought things were successful even with Gibbs, then we don't need any additional confirmation that him outside the organization is a good thing.

Listening to him, I get even more why he failed and the team did too. Mostly excuses, passing the buck. The Joe Gibbs 2 era, was not exactly the Patriots under Belichick. An under 500 record, and the peak is 2 playoff runs, one of which they were knocked out right away and the other they got knocked out in the 2nd run. 5-11, 6-10, 9-7, 10-6 -- those are the glory years?

Listening to him, I get even more why he failed and the team did too. Mostly excuses, passing the buck. The Joe Gibbs 2 era, was not exactly the Patriots under Belichick. An under 500 record, and the peak is 2 playoff runs, one of which they were knocked out right away and the other they got knocked out in the 2nd run. 5-11, 6-10, 9-7, 10-6 -- those are the glory years?

CJ is calling him out on that now, excellent

I guess the guy doesn't want to admit that Gregg Williams was right there, and on our own team. 100% available. Problem with him was, the same thing he claims ended up being Zorn's problem. Hell, Saunders was here too. Bugel was here too. All former head coaches.

What head coach should have to run his team the way an idiot who has never coached any position on any team and had never played on one either wants?

We all knew he was a joke all along and this just proves it even more than the results already have. If you were so bright and knew that Zorn and Spurrier weren't head coaching material and you had to hold their hands, then why the **** would you hire them when it's clear that you have no clue either? It boggles the mind.

Exactly...when two double-digit-loss seasons and two seasons that required end-of-the-season winning streaks just to play road playoff games are what you strive for, you need a new guy in charge!

The funny thing is while this may come off as spin, we all knew ALL of this already.

There were no other candidates. The horribly bungled coaching search - probably the worst in pro sports history - scared away or missed out on virtually all qualified candidates. They really had no choice but to give Zorn - or some other equally unqualified loser - the job.

My personal favorite, Jim Schwartz, didn't get a second interview.

i love Gibbs the person and in his first stint as a coach and never cared for Zorn at least as a coach but Vinny is getting more and more comical on the radio about those two. Now he just said if Gibbs still called the plays, they wouldn't have went 5-11 that year. Zorn he says is horrible, but he won't take blame for hiring him, apparently Schwatz and Spags just weren't up to par back then -- Gibbs was remarkable in his 2nd stint and the team would have been going places if he stayed. Vinny basically is saying Zorn is completely responsible for him being gone. He just said if they hired Shanny post Gibbs he'd still be there.

i love Gibbs the person and in his first stint as a coach and never cared for Zorn at least as a coach but Vinny is getting more and more comical on the radio about those two. Now he just said if Gibbs still called the plays, they wouldn't have went 5-11 that year. Zorn he says is horrible, but he won't take blame for hiring him, apparently Schwatz and Spags just weren't up to par back then -- Gibbs was remarkable in his 2nd stint and the team would have been going places if he stayed. Vinny basically is saying Zorn is completely responsible for him being gone. He just said if they hired Shanny post Gibbs he'd still be there.

Thank God for Jim Zorn then!

then thank God for zorn......never thought id say that.

gibbs restored faith ........that vinny desroyed

I think that thought echo'd through nearly everyone listening.

Epic caller

Caller - "Would you draft Cam Newton"

Vinny - "No"

Caller - "Okay I would draft him because you wouldn't

he said Archuleta was his worst mistake. Jim Schwartz or Spags weren't good options to hire at the time when they hired Zorn because he said they weren't ready. He seems to be blaming everything on Zorn, he said with the right coaching those teams would have won.

He doesn't define his tenure as a failure, said it was mixed some success, some failure. failure was totally on coaching citing Zorn and Spurrier. He seems to define the Joe Gibbs era as a massive success and the team would have had continued success if he stayed. Says Shanny will be spectacular, give him time.

If Schwartz or Spags weren't good options because they weren't ready, how the hell do you conclude that Zorn was ready? The best you can say assuming this statement is valid is that Zorn was a pawn that Vinny planned to sacrifice.

Vinny...Vinny...Vinny...you were the one who said that you would be judged by the Zorn hire. Not to mention you weren't much better at the nedia game than Zorn. ("Sacks & Stuff" comes to mind!).

Vinny reminds me a lot of this guy:

LarryLinvilleMASH.jpg

Hey, stop insulting Frank Burns. Frank walked alone, well with his woman. Vinnie would be more of a Col. Blake, who was a moron who took orders from lesser ranked people.

Even for Vinny, this stuff is hilarious.

Anyone else remember him saying "I should be judged by the Zorn hire."

Now he's spinning it left and right.

And the Gibbs calling plays nonsense... I mean, I love Joe but the offense never looked great with him in charge the second time around. It was old school to a fault. We went to the playoffs in 2005 with a passing game averaging like 90 yards a game.

Thank God Shanahan kicked this fool to the curb.

Unfortunately I'm not sure anyone could clean up the mess he left behind.

Archived