Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vinny Cerato on 106.7 The FAN

More Complete

Cerrato.

Anyone listening this that can provide updates? I heard the first few minutes in my car but had to return to my desk.

- Chose Zorn because there were not that many other candidates available

- Zorns biggest problem is that he would not listen (to him or Dan I’m not sure, he didn’t specify)

- He did the radio show because Zorn was not good with the media and he needed to clear things up

The things he should say:

I sucked and helped destroy a once great franchise.

I have no clue what it takes to be a sucessfull NFL Executive.

I was only qualified to be Dan Snyders driver, not a de-facto GM.

I cant believe ESPN pays me to be an 'expert" since I am nothing of the sort.

Who cares. New Era. New Regime! Future is now.

Normally I wouldn’t but I found it pretty interesting. Since he is no longer with the organization, he seems to have more of a “tell all” attitude. Of course, he has some good insight into how things are/were run under Dan.

Cerrato.

Anyone listening this that can provide updates? I heard the first few minutes in my car but had to return to my desk.

- Chose Zorn because there were not that many other candidates available

- Zorns biggest problem is that he would not listen (to him or Dan I’m not sure, he didn’t specify)

- He did the radio show because Zorn was not good with the media and he needed to clear things up

The funny thing is while this may come off as spin, we all knew ALL of this already.

There were no other candidates. The horribly bungled coaching search - probably the worst in pro sports history - scared away or missed out on virtually all qualified candidates. They really had no choice but to give Zorn - or some other equally unqualified loser - the job.

We all know Zorn didn't listen to Snyder or Cerrato - and why should he have? This isn't news. Steve Largent told us all about how Snyderatto were waving Zorn's contract in front of his face to force him to do things "their" way. He never had a chance and was intended to be a puppet all along.

As far as the radio show who the hell knows about that. It was a ridiculous idea and I don't see what it has to do with Zorn. But yeah, we already know Zorn "Black and Maroon" was awful with the media.

If anything, Cerrato opening his trap now just confirms what we already know. Nothing new here.

Vinny...Vinny...Vinny...you were the one who said that you would be judged by the Zorn hire. Not to mention you weren't much better at the nedia game than Zorn. ("Sacks & Stuff" comes to mind!).

Vinny reminds me a lot of this guy:

LarryLinvilleMASH.jpg

Vinny...Vinny...Vinny...you were the one who said that you would be judged by the Zorn hire. Not to mention you weren't much better at the nedia game than Zorn. ("Sacks & Stuff" comes to mind!).

He also said that channel 4’s George Michael (RIP) would talk to Zorn and try to give him lessons on how to interact with the media and that when they were 6-2 Zorn was more concerned with being a celebrity (going cycling with the president) than being a coach. Sounds like sour grapes.

he said Archuleta was his worst mistake. Jim Schwartz or Spags weren't good options to hire at the time when they hired Zorn because he said they weren't ready. He seems to be blaming everything on Zorn, he said with the right coaching those teams would have won.

He doesn't define his tenure as a failure, said it was mixed some success, some failure. failure was totally on coaching citing Zorn and Spurrier. He seems to define the Joe Gibbs era as a massive success and the team would have had continued success if he stayed. Says Shanny will be spectacular, give him time.

he said Archuleta was his worst mistake. Jim Schwartz or Spags weren't good options to hire at the time when they hired Zorn because he said they weren't ready. He seems to be blaming everything on Zorn, he said with the right coaching those teams would have won.

He doesn't define his tenure as a failure, said it was mixed some success, some failure. failure was totally on coaching citing Zorn and Spurrier. He seems to define the Joe Gibbs era as a massive success and the team would have had continued success if he stayed. Says Shanny will be spectacular, give him time.

I have to give it to Gibbs, he made it work somehow in spite of those two idiots at the healm.

I have to give it to Gibbs, he made it work somehow in spite of those two idiots at the healm.

Sure...but to consider that 4-year stretch anything resembling "continued success" is ridiculous. Hell, we lost more games than we won. The 2003 and 2009 seasons show me how good a coach Gibbs was, but if Vinny thought things were successful even with Gibbs, then we don't need any additional confirmation that him outside the organization is a good thing.

Prediction: Vinny will be working inside the Redskins' organization in some capacity within three years.

I fear this could happen.

Another reason to hope Shanahan succeeds. He's friendly with Vinny, but he'll never let him back in the door as long as he's here.

Archived