Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vinny Cerato on 106.7 The FAN

More Complete

doesn't pick refer to drafted players? cough.....

not unless you clarify that it does, you do realize "picking" someone is a general statement for choose correct? if you said DRAFT pick then you might have something...unfortunately for you, you didn't, you only said "who has vinny picked with bad character?" and vinny PICKED haynesworth to sign to a big contract

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pick

pick - to choose or select from among a group: to pick a contestant from the audience.

Didn't see drafted players as the only group you could pick from per the dictionary, maybe next time you should clairfy what you are talking about instead of jumping on someone for pointing out the obvious.

I wasn't quoting you originally so how would you know? My opinion was based on picked players and their character....And we didn't trade any picks for Big Al...

You quoted me, and I pointed out your assumptions above. Your opinion was kept to yourself as you never clarified what you were talking about so I went off the face value of it. Would you also like me to provide a detailed description of what ASS-U-MING does?

I wasn't quoting you originally so how would you know? My opinion was based on picked players and their character....And we didn't trade any picks for Big Al...

This is a message board. If you only want a reply from whom you quoted then send him/her a personal message.

---------- Post added March-9th-2011 at 09:03 AM ----------

This guy is such a weasel. I gotta listen to him try to spin that mess of a decade.

To blame Zorn's failure on his ego...WTF. The guy is just a decent dude who was in way over his head. He never appeared to be a celebrity wannabe. WTF, Cerrato's the one that was in a movie.

I totally agree. If he had a big ego do you think he, after being the head man for one of the biggest marketing franchises and media centers in the NFL, would humble himself to return as a QB coach the very next season for a small market team equivalent to a third world country?

Are people really going to listen to what Vinny has to say? This is the same man that wouldn't rebuild the O-Line, which is a main reason why we had so many problems at QB. If you ask me, I would say that Vinny is trying to keep his name in Snyder's mind. If we draft Cam Newton and he doesn't work out, Vinny will be calling into 106 The Fan and ranting on and off about how Redskins management should have taken his advice. Then he will start talking about how Bruce Allen isn't the right GM for the Redskins. And if Vinny is lucky, Snyder will welcome him back to the team.

Wishful thinking on Vinny's part.

Nine pages on this assclown? Seriously, unless I have a chance to kick Vinny in the balls, I don't want to see or hear him.

You need to change your settings from the default. I only have four. ;)

Man, the last ten years have really sucked ass.

So lets just dredge it up again and again and again.

For fun, I guess.

~Bang

The last ten years haven’t been ALL bad. It’s slow, it’s the offseason.

Redskin fans all together w/ pitch forks united as one, ah its like the night before a game.
Just read the entire thread and there is one thing that is just so great about a Vinny thread, no arguements between fans. Everyone hates Vinny and everyone knows just how much of a boob this guy is.

Vinny Cerato: Bringing Redskins fans together since 1999!

Good stuff. Gotta love it! Lol.

106.7 does nothing but bash the team. You notice how that station brings all of the disgruntled players past and present on? The host (LAVAR) is way overrated. Who cares what Vinny thinks. he helped destroy this team. Glad to see him gone.

To blame Zorn's failure on his ego...WTF. The guy is just a decent dude who was in way over his head. He never appeared to be a celebrity wannabe. WTF, Cerrato's the one that was in a movie.
Actually I believe Vinny is right and I posted on it more than 2 years back.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?273363-Zorn%E2%80%99s-Early-Success-may-lead-to-Rebuilding-Failure

Zorn had never tasted that type of success and it went straight to his head. Still, it's water under the bridge.

Who allowed all those celebrities on the sideline in the first place??? SNYDER!! Crazy Tom Cruise is Snyder's business partner. Remember Cruise yukking it up on the sidelines...right before we lost to the 0-19 Detroit Lions??

Cerrato just guaranteed that he will remain outside of the NFL...until Snyder brings him back.

Haven't heard this train wreck of stupidity yet, but I did hear a clip from this morning on ComCast.

It was Vinny saying if they coulda went from Gibbs straight to Shanny then he'd still be there watching film on upcoming draftees with Shanny.

Are you ****ing kidding me? :doh:

One condition of getting Shanny IN was getting Vinny OUT. Remember how quick Bruce Allen showed up in town? And how quick Shanny showed up after the season was over? That's because they were a package deal.

Damn. And I thought Zorn was delusional. At least he's still in the League.

Vinny coming back would be the one thing that would make me turn in my Skins fan card.

I'm highly optimistic that Vinny's never coming back. But stranger things have happened.

---------- Post added March-9th-2011 at 01:49 PM ----------

Haven't heard this train wreck of stupidity yet, but I did hear a clip from this morning on ComCast.

It was Vinny saying if they coulda went from Gibbs straight to Shanny then he'd still be there watching film on upcoming draftees with Shanny.

One condition of getting Shanny IN was getting Vinny OUT. Remember how quick Bruce Allen showed up in town? And how quick Shanny showed up after the season was over? That's because they were a package deal.

Perhaps you misheard him. He probably said that had Shanny was hired right after Gibbs, he would have been the one to fetch Shanny's coffee and slippers while Shanny watched film...:ols:

LOL! Also if we went from Marty to Gibbs and skipped Spurrier things would have been be a lot better. Marty's team would have been much more suited to Gibbs than what the Ol' ball coach left him.

If Snyder has just 3 active brain cells he will never even think of rehiring this weasely-moron in this lifetime!

(He did the radio show because Zorn wasn't really good with the media? Hey Vinny...you know..you weren't much better! "Sacks & Stuff")

I did not listen to it yet, but I have read some pieces on the DC Sports Bog -

UnWise Mike: John, you there?

Vinny Cerrato: John? C'mon.

Caller: How you doing? Yeah, I just wanted really quickly to say that the first thing I've taken so far is that I would recommend to anybody you draft Cam Newton.

Wise: Yes, yes, Vinny said that.

Cerrato: You would draft him or would not?

Wise: No, Vinny said that he would not draft Cam Newton, go ahead.

Caller: Yeah, I would draft him because Vinny said he wouldn't. Number 2, is it amazes me how smug Vinny can be sitting there knowing that he ruined a franchise that's been storied for 12 to 15 years, and that he has every excuse in the book for why he failed other than the fact that he either made the wrong decision or was a yes man for a guy that is just completely incompetent.

Wise: He's blaming you for destroying a franchise. Vinny, your response?

Cerrato: Well, I would tend to disagree with John. I mean, he's got his opinion, so move on. Thanks for the opinion, John. Don't agree with it, but thanks.

Ouch! :ols::ols::ols:

Drafting Linemen

Chris Johnson: Why so many draft picks traded, why so few offensive linemen drafted over your time?

Cerrato: Well, the thing about it is is you've got to look at the draft. When you trade draft picks at certain times, you have injuries, and then you make trades and you get draft picks. A couple of those years we had all our draft picks. When we traded back with Atlanta we ended up getting extra picks. So the thing about it is, that's just the way you do business.

UnWise Mike: Is there a regret there that you didn't actually fortify the offensive line?

Cerrato: Well, the thing about it is is everybody wants to criticize all the time, says well you should have taken an offensive lineman. All right, the one year we took Chris Samuels, he's an eight-time Pro Bowler and possibly a Hall of Fame guy. The thing about it is is all right, Chris Samuels was available at 2. We got Sean Taylor at 5. Would you rather have an O-lineman then? All right, we got Orapko [sic], all our guys in the top 10 were Pro Bowl guys almost. Would we have liked some offensive lineman, a Pro Bowl guy to be sitting there? Absolutely. But a lot of times when you're sitting at 12, 13, there's not an offensive lineman. The draft's got to cooperate with where your picks are, too.

The 2008 Draft

Chris Johnson: Obviously that 2008 draft, I feel like it set back this franchise years. What happened there? I mean, I guess you could say Fred Davis has been productive, but one guy's not on the team anymore-- in fact he's been cut again after leaving here-- the other guy can't get on the field.

Cerrato: The thing about it is, with injuries, injuries are gonna happen. That's just part of the deal....And Fred Davis is a talent. Fred Davis is gonna be a good player. He's gonna be good in Mike's offense. Devin just needed, was not mature enough to handle the situation, and a lot of times when coaching changes happen, you see a lot of guys come and go.

Johnson: But you would say that draft was a strikeout, though. I mean, that entire draft.

Cerrato: Well, I would say Fred Davis is gonna be ok.

Johnson: But he was the one guy you probably really didn't need at that position.

Cerrato: But you know what, if you follow your board and take the best player available....You want to take the best player available. I can tell you've never sat in a draft room. What you would do is you would reach. You keep bringing up offensive linemen. All right, the next best offensive lineman at that time is a fourth-round grade. So all right, a top pick in the second round, we're gonna take a fourth-round offensive linemen to fill a need. That's what you want to do. And the thing about it is, that's like in the third round the one year we got Derrick Dockery, we had a high grade on and he ended up starting. So you've got to follow your board. Everybody talks about getting the best player available.

Rebuilding Through the Draft

Wise: It seems like you were in reload mode all the time. Why couldn't you just take a step back and build for a year and actually be really good for five years?

Cerrato: Because guys like you, you wouldn't take it. Look at C.J., man, he wants to rebuild and be 16-0. You know, he wants his cake and eat it too. The thing about it was, Joe's first year we rebuilt. But it was with more veteran players. And the thing about it was we rebuilt the defense which was horrible and we made it a top 5 defense. Then we started adding draft picks to the defense. The whole thing was, if you've got a franchise quarterback, you've got a chance to win. That's the bottom line. if you don't have a franchise quarterback in today's NFL, you cannot win. Period. Period. I mean, we tried, we didn't get one. We tried with Jason Campbell, he wasn't the franchise guy. We tried to get Sanchez, we tried to trade for Jay Cutler.

Grading Picks

Wise: All right, grades in hindsight. LaVar Arrington, what grade would you give him?

Cerrato: LaVar? Probably a B.

Wise: All right, Chris Samuels?

Cerrato: A+.

Wise: Patrick Ramsey?

Cerrato: C.

Wise: Sean Taylor.

Cerrato: A+.

I could read these ALL DAY! :ols::ols:

(vinny talking blah blah blah)

lol all i got out of that transcript was that whenever vinny knows he's about to say something stupid, wrong, off the walls, or just plain ignorant he says:

Well, the thing about it is is...

He mentioned Zorn's alleged media inadequacy a few times specifically.

What I heard was completely spun damage control.

"Dan wanted me to to do the show because he felt I would be getting the right things out there, and JZ wasn't good with the media.."

What I heard was.. "Dan was nervous that JZ wouldn't tow the company line in the wake of the dark heart accusations, and he was certain I would be his stool pigeon".

Cerrato was so awful on every level his job required. I can't imagine that Snyder will ever fully recover his reputation as a result...:2cents:

:):):):):):):pfft::beavisnbutthead::beavisnbutthead::point2sky

I smile everyday that Vinny is gone from the Washington Redskins organization!!!!

One thing describes his skill at running the front office.......Clueless.

Vinny's Theory on the draft and he said it multiple times that you don't draft for the needs of the Team. You draft the best players.. hmmmm maybe that's why the O-line got ignored for so long or why we don't have any depth on the team even today.

Good Job Vinny. F++++++++++++

One thing describes his skill at running the front office.......Clueless.

Vinny's Theory on the draft and he said it multiple times that you don't draft for the needs of the Team. You draft the best players.. hmmmm maybe that's why the O-line got ignored for so long or why we don't have any depth on the team even today.

Good Job Vinny. F++++++++++++

He couldn't even succeed at drafting the best players!

(still in therapy for the Vinny Era)

(wishes we had Ted Thompson)

Archived