Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

17 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If I still lived in the DMV I'd probably do the season ticket drill.  Flying from Florida, I typically fly up to 2-3 games a season, sometimes I'll do one game on the road.  And I've been doing it for a long time now. 

As for season ticket holders motivations, what you are saying makes all the sense in the world and sounds great and I can easily respect it.  In my own way, I am the same, I am not in the camp of Bruce-Dan or whatever could steal my fandom.  I keep coming back to games regardless of what they do. 

Having said that, I've read enough comments on different mediums, talk radio and have some family and friends who have been ticket holders to know that not everyone sees it the same way.  I personally know multiple people who have given up their season tickets in part because of the FO.  

Chris Russell who claims to have a good source in the front office said months ago that he heard that they are struggling to sell some of their premium tickets-suite packages.  And there is some concern.

You got the TV ratings bordering at all time lows.  I get the idea that the communal experience at the stadium transcends and trumps all else.  But I gather you get enough people who see it differently that there might be some concern with the FO.  Will see.

I think the FO or team performance or traffic or whatever are the excuses people tell themselves to let them go for financial reasons or life concerns. It's the hair that broke the camel's back if you will.

The key to the Redskins is to make it not about those things, otherwise they're only selling tickets (I'm not even talking season ticket packages) when they're dominant. The fixed ratio of 1:32 should tell the ticket office that they need a different tactic to regularly fill the stadium.

The strategy to make it a country club experience is also flawed. I can get a better country club experience at my country club.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I imagine ST renewals will be sent out real soon. Just saw this in our account managers. Looks like they are going digital and we won't have actual paper tickets this year. Will be able to get souviner paper tickets with Redskins Rewards.5a71a1b696e93_ScreenShot2018-01-31at5_59_46AM.thumb.png.d20e73cbef8dcb1ec353cabe2c076a43.png

2 hours ago, psu2008 said:

I imagine ST renewals will be sent out real soon. Just saw this in our account managers. Looks like they are going digital and we won't have actual paper tickets this year. Will be able to get souviner paper tickets with Redskins Rewards.5a71a1b696e93_ScreenShot2018-01-31at5_59_46AM.thumb.png.d20e73cbef8dcb1ec353cabe2c076a43.png

Wonder how that will work with parking since those are never digital.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:48 AM, turtle2328 said:

The strategy to make it a country club experience is also flawed. I can get a better country club experience at my country club.

This has been Snyder's marketing strategy from day one.  I remember getting all the emails/letters/etc about upgrading to get VIP access to everything.

The Redskins Rewards program was a nice attempt to thank the masses, but the cost in yards of the field passes and other experiences has gone through the roof.

This is typical of Snyder as NOTHING is as good in year three as it was in year one.

They’ll have one less pair of season ticket holders. We’ve been Touchdown Club members for 11 seasons, and today is the day we decline our renewal and will be letting the client relations people know why. 

Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen’s perpetual dysfunction has people in our section (122) dropping out of our contracts left and right. They have no idea how to build a roster, and no capacity to take the hit necessary in the short term in order to allow for long term success.

An entire F.O. built on hubris, saving face and CYA. When you see how quickly the Eagles, following strong personnel philosophy and process, went from worst to first, and this group is blindly throwing darts at the wall to max out at 7-9 wins... its no longer ok. They can keep this carousel to nowhere going, but they can do it without my money. 

Edited by Stormy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:03 PM, Stormy said:

They’ll have one less pair of season ticket holders. We’ve been Touchdown Club members for 11 seasons, and today is the day we decline our renewal and will be letting the client relations people know why. 

Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen’s perpetual dysfunction has people in our section (122) dropping out of our contracts left and right. They have no idea how to build a roster, and no capacity to take the hit necessary in the short term in order to allow for long term success.

An entire F.O. built on hubris, saving face and CYA. When you see how quickly the Eagles, following strong personnel philosophy and process, went from worst to first, and this group is blindly throwing darts at the wall to max out at 7-9 wins... its no longer ok. They can keep this carousel to nowhere going, but they can do it without my money. 

Well said brother, that's 4 more in 221 dropping out too. I will still watch .....on my phone, in a golf cart enjoying myself. 

Congrats on the total failure....You suck at life.

• Haha 1

Gave up my season tickets after 2012

Only been to one game since then 2 yrs ago . Club seats were given  to me. First time in there. Great time.

Haven't been back since and won't the way this franchise is going. 

I do miss the tailgating though :kickcan:

On 2/1/2018 at 2:23 PM, TheBlueIndian said:

Well said brother, that's 4 more in 221 dropping out too. I will still watch .....on my phone, in a golf cart enjoying myself. 

Congrats on the total failure....You suck at life.

In the first 13 rows? That *should* be an impossible to get ticket.

In past years all these cancellations were music to my ears since that meant we were moving closer to the 50.  Not this year since we are out too.

When I can't even get half price for the last two games last year and the only bites were for my parking pass I'm out.  In the past we were always able to get full price when we couldn't make one.

The Redskins come up with new experiences that you can get with rewards points plus tailgating in the Redzone lot is awesome. Doing the combine on the field with Clark and Harvey was beyond cool and they threw in food.  It is true you can't sell tickets for much so I guess I will just have to go to every game. There are worse things in life.

Hail

1 hour ago, pjfootballer said:

I don’t have season tickets, but I won’t be renewing Sunday Ticket this year.

I dropped my directv this year, had had nfl sunday ticket since the first sat launched. It was 99 a season.   Just not worth all that $$ with such a crappy product.  Sadly we not much better than Cle when people here get excited at the "POSSIBILITY" of an 8-8 season.   

2 minutes ago, bonesbr549 said:

I dropped my directv this year, had had nfl sunday ticket since the first sat launched. It was 99 a season.   Just not worth all that $$ with such a crappy product.  Sadly we not much better than Cle when people here get excited at the "POSSIBILITY" of an 8-8 season.   

I'm keeping DTV.  Maybe I'll get some of the movie channels to replace it. Might be cheaper.

On 1/31/2018 at 12:03 PM, Stormy said:

This is the only thing they understand. If enough people do it, maybe, just maybe, they will get the message.

1 hour ago, CTennant said:

Now according to the February 2018 Season Ticket Member E-Newsletter, digital ticketing is optional.  If true, that would have been nice to include in the FAQ.

Maybe they saw people complaining, and changed the wording. Original FAQs clearly said they wouldn't be doing paper tickets.

So it seems the Redskins are really having a hard time selling tickets at all now. On my season ticket holder portal it states that in 2018 Upper Level Standing Room and 200 level limited/obstructed view season tickets will not be offered.  Those that had these seats will be offered the opportunity to click a link to secure replacement seating.  Will be curious to see if they are provided better seats than some of us long time season ticket holders. Guess ol' Danny Boy is gonna rip a few thousand more seats out of this stadium again.  Pretty soon it will only be a lower bowl stadium in a few more years!  What a joke. 18, Upper Level Standing Room and 200 Level Limited View / Obstructed View season tickets will not be offered. "

30 minutes ago, suresign said:

So it seems the Redskins are really having a hard time selling tickets at all now. On my season ticket holder portal it states that in 2018 Upper Level Standing Room and 200 level limited/obstructed view season tickets will not be offered.  Those that had these seats will be offered the opportunity to click a link to secure replacement seating.  Will be curious to see if they are provided better seats than some of us long time season ticket holders. Guess ol' Danny Boy is gonna rip a few thousand more seats out of this stadium again.  Pretty soon it will only be a lower bowl stadium in a few more years!  What a joke. 18, Upper Level Standing Room and 200 Level Limited View / Obstructed View season tickets will not be offered. "

And the replacement seating offered will more than likely be more expensive than what they were paying for SRO or LV/OV. You're right, it is interesting that they would no longer offer those seats as season tickets.....unless they are planning on getting rid of them. 

On 2/9/2018 at 10:34 PM, suresign said:

They should rip out all of the obstructed view seats. Even though they can sell them, they should have never put them in.

• Like 1