Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Last year I decided not to renew for financial reasons but took at shot at trying to sell the whole season just to keep them going. Finally found a fan here at extremeskins in May. I was glad to be able to hold onto them another year. 

This year, same thing. I've accepted that it's not how I want to spend my money this year as I try to pay some things off, but will attempt to find a full season buyer just in case next year I change my mind. I'm guessing it will be even harder to sell this year. 

For years, it has been way too much of a chore to find buyers. 

• Like 1

Yup. I decided a few years ago that the next time I have a game where I can't find someone to buy tickets will be the last.

I haven't had that trouble and until this, I had a few people hitting me up for 2017 tickets already.

We'll see. I'm sticking to my guns - so long as someone is willing to buy the games I can't/don't want to go to for face value, I'll keep going. Next time I have to sell for under face value or can't sell at all, will be my last season.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

LOL.  The Skins were doing this 15 years ago and I told them to pound sand they'll get their money when I give it to them.  Sometimes it was in mid July.   They are ecstatic to get anyone renewing, STH hold the cards.

But what if they cancel your tickets and give them to someone on the waiting list?:lol:

16 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Don't recall if you can cancel even after you've started to pay for a renewal.  Technically since no services/product has been rendered yet you should be able to cancel for a full refund.

If they won't let you cancel, call your credit card company.

17 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

But what if they cancel your tickets and give them to someone on the waiting list?:lol:

If they won't let you cancel, call your credit card company.

I just called the ticket office, with what just broke with Kirk and Allen, I wanted to cancel. There is a no cancellation policy.

On 3/7/2017 at 11:14 PM, tshile said:

Seems like a silly reason.

Season tickets with this team are not for the faint of heart. Might want to wait until something actually happens.

Plenty of legit reasons to not get tickets or drop them.

Unsubstantiated claims by Chris russell, of all people, isn't anywhere on that list.

Invoices aren't due until April 3rd. March 1st was a bonus yardage thing.

I know conspiracy theories are fun but this organization isn't equipped to pull them off.

My great uncle played and coached for the team.  Some of my best memories are going to games with my dad and uncle.  Last year, I took four people to games who hadn't gone before, which I love doing for the Orioles as well.  I just can't get behind the total dysfunction of how this team is run.  Even if SM is 100% responsible for this, how the team handled it is reprehensible, but just another similar decision made in the Snyder area.  I find it really tough to put my money back into the team at this point. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, just654 said:

I just called the ticket office, with what just broke with Kirk and Allen, I wanted to cancel. There is a no cancellation policy.

Has your cc been charged yet? I'm sure you could go through your bank to try to cancel. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Yup. I decided a few years ago that the next time I have a game where I can't find someone to buy tickets will be the last.

I haven't had that trouble and until this, I had a few people hitting me up for 2017 tickets already.

We'll see. I'm sticking to my guns - so long as someone is willing to buy the games I can't/don't want to go to for face value, I'll keep going. Next time I have to sell for under face value or can't sell at all, will be my last season.

I've made it a point to sell to Skins fans which was a real challenge in 2015 when I missed a lot of games due to a big work push.

I'm thankful that I wound up dragging my feet on renewing; as with the other posters, these last 24 hours have me doing some soul searching on whether I want to continue spending money ($3k/season for the pair including parking) on season tickets.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2017 at 8:03 PM, Howie411 said:

Don't recall if you can cancel even after you've started to pay for a renewal.  Technically since no services/product has been rendered yet you should be able to cancel for a full refund.

I tried to cancel the day all this Scot news broke and they would not refund the first installment that they already charged me.  Basically they were going to let me cancel and keep $1000 of my money.  I really hope most of the season ticket holders cancel.  This ownership does not deserve any loyal customers.  

17 hours ago, celts32 said:

I tried to cancel the day all this Scot news broke and they would not refund the first installment that they already charged me.  Basically they were going to let me cancel and keep $1000 of my money.  I really hope most of the season ticket holders cancel.  This ownership does not deserve any loyal customers.  

We thought about cancelling after making our first payment and figured I would lose that payment so we're standing pat for one more year.  One positive is that we might move closer to the 50 if there are a lot of non-renewals.

• 1 month later...

I got an email this morning from a premium account executive asking if I was interested in upgrading seats.  Guess they lost a lot of those, or don't sell them to begin with.  I am tempted to see the pricing on dream seats, but the club level doesn't interest me at all since I like to be close and already essentially have dream seats (I'm an aisle seat at the back end of the visitor tunnel.)  

13 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

I got an email this morning from a premium account executive asking if I was interested in upgrading seats.  Guess they lost a lot of those, or don't sell them to begin with.  I am tempted to see the pricing on dream seats, but the club level doesn't interest me at all since I like to be close and already essentially have dream seats (I'm an aisle seat at the back end of the visitor tunnel.)  

We got the same e-mail last week. 

Pass.....

Why anyone would spend top $$$$ to actually go to the games is beyond me.  The experience is horrible, prices crazy high, and every dollar that gets stolen from you just lines the pockets of the worst owner in all of sports. 

Keeping your season tickets only guarantees we'll continue to have the worst owner in all of sports.  If our fans were truly interested in seeing our situation improve, they'd give up their tickets and not spend $$$ on the team. 

52 minutes ago, markshark84 said:

Why anyone would spend top $$$$ to actually go to the games is beyond me.  The experience is horrible, prices crazy high, and every dollar that gets stolen from you just lines the pockets of the worst owner in all of sports. 

Keeping your season tickets only guarantees we'll continue to have the worst owner in all of sports.  If our fans were truly interested in seeing our situation improve, they'd give up their tickets and not spend $$$ on the team. 

It is going to be very interesting when Snyder goes looking for a place to build a new stadium.  I live in Virginia and I will pretty much be damned if Snyder gets VA to build him a stadium and then turns around and hits us with PSLs.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, markshark84 said:

Wow, another "don't spend $$$ on the team" post.  Believe it, or not, a lot of us enjoy going to the games. We like the fan experience, the tailgating, the live-action and the camaraderie of our fellow season-ticket holders.

We get it.  You hate Snyder, and there's nothing wrong with that, but there are other threads for that.   

Coming into a "season ticket renewals" thread, ostensibly started for season-ticket holders, and telling us to give up our tickets?  Sheesh!

Had you truly paid attention to the thread title, you would not have posted in it.   

Edited by Skinsfan1311
Spelling
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, MarkB452 said:

It is going to be very interesting when Snyder goes looking for a place to build a new stadium.  I live in Virginia and I will pretty much be damned if Snyder gets VA to build him a stadium and then turns around and hits us with PSLs.

PSLs will probably be the back-breaker 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2017 at 1:55 PM, MarkB452 said:

I hate the PSL system, but its going to happen.  I don't mind paying it, but it also depends how far down into VA he intends to go.  I am currently 25 minutes from Fed Ex.  If I have to go three hours into VA from where I am, I am probably not going to do it.  At that point, I'd probably go back to Caps tickets to go with my Orioles tickets, and get Navy football tickets. 

On 5/2/2017 at 6:38 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Wow, another "don't spend $$$ on the team" post.  Believe it, or not, a lot of us enjoy going to the games. We like the fan experience, the tailgating, the live-action and the camaraderie of our fellow season-ticket holders.

We get it.  You hate Snyder, and there's nothing wrong with that, but there are other threads for that.   

Coming into a "season ticket renewals" thread, ostensibly started for season-ticket holders, and telling us to give up our tickets?  Sheesh!

Had you truly paid attention to the thread title, you would not have posted in it.   

Agreed.  My best memories of my dad and uncle are going to games with them.  I love tailgating, and I do a Marlins-Man esque thing where I try to bring new people to games every year to pay it forward.  I took four people to their first NFL games last year, and two to their first MLB game with my Orioles tickets.  I almost didn't renew, but I decided to keep it because gamedays are just so much fun.  

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:38 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Well, if you like Dan Snyder and think he is a good owner, then keep on going..... If the "fan experience" is more important to you than having an owner and management capable of fielding a winning team  ---- that's on you.

26 minutes ago, markshark84 said:

Well, if you like Dan Snyder and think he is a good owner, then keep on going..... If the "fan experience" is more important to you than having an owner and management capable of fielding a winning team  ---- that's on you

Being a fan of the team is certainly not commensurate with thinking that we have a good owner.  You can be a fan of one, and not the other.  

I've been going to games since I was a kid, and I'm not going to stop now, and certainly not because of whiny-ass "fans" telling me otherwise.  

There are plenty of threads where you can take up your "I don't like Snyder so I'm going to take my ball and go home" agenda. I suggest that you take it there.

If however, you are a season-ticket holder, (and most people who presume to tell other fans how to spend their money are not), then I beg your pardon.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2017 at 0:55 PM, markshark84 said:

Are you a season ticket holder?

If not, then STFU. Redskins fans like going to Redskins games. You know what you need to get into a Redskins game? Tickets!

I guess you don't even watch the Redskins play their games on TV either huh?

Because if you do, you are technically contributing to Dan Snyder's TV revenue.

Guess you didn't think about that before posting this crap

• Like 4