Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I am not renewing. My concern is paying full price and watching scabs.

There will be no replacement players as this labor dispute was initiated by the owners. They are threatening a lockout which means no football operations at all. If the players were to strike then there could be replacement players. This is a completely different situation. Again, a lockout equals no football of any kind.

I renewed my 3; my Dad did not renew his 2 (his are in the lower level, 8 rows up from the field on the goal line, so you may get lucky!). I have been a season ticket holder since 1979; and I guess many of you would call me a fool to renew with all of the doubts about a 2011 season. But I have hope. Shameless Redskin fan. I started as a fan when we drafted Norm Snead to be our QB of the future. (so now everyone knows that I am mentally deranged!)

HTTR

I renewed my 4 upper level tickets - I don't want to take any chances and miss the opportunity for an upgrade. I really want my parking pass updated to green from gray and I've been pushing for that for years, just have to wait and see.

I'll be pounding on the door come come August to collect my refund for each scheduled game that doesn't occur. I've seen multiple posts noting that the owner's will not use scabs - I can guarantee if they tried to pull that on me that I would never give another dollar to the Redskins for anything.

I did not reply to the premium ticket solicitation ($120 club seat contract ended three years ago).

I did not reply to the "Good news, your seats are available!" letter my wife got (upper level seats we gave up two years ago were in her name).

I did not reply to the Soccer Mom acquaintance that offered up her two lower level seats for the season at cost (since Johnny will be playing lots of travel team soccer this year).

I did install an 120" HD projector home theater in the basement, for right around $2k.

I may buy an orange pass and tailgate one of the lesser games this year, just for old time's sake. If I do, I will wear my knock-off Riggo throwback jersey, because it never goes out of style. :)

Edited by catmandu

Oh, I can't believe that I forgot to post this one - not sure if anyone else received a similar call.

In either late December or early January, I received a call from the ticket office asking if I would be willing to upgrade my 4 upper level seats to club level seats with the promise that they would re-locate my seats to the lower level after 3 seasons. As much as I would love to move to the lower level, I responded "no" without any hesitation. When asked why, my answer was simple "it is ridiculous that you're effectively selling me the right to buy lower level season tickets for $30,000." Note, I assumed $2,500 per seat, per season.

Oh, I can't believe that I forgot to post this one - not sure if anyone else received a similar call.

In either late December or early January, I received a call from the ticket office asking if I would be willing to upgrade my 4 upper level seats to club level seats with the promise that they would re-locate my seats to the lower level after 3 seasons. As much as I would love to move to the lower level, I responded "no" without any hesitation. When asked why, my answer was simple "it is ridiculous that you're effectively selling me the right to buy lower level season tickets for $30,000." Note, I assumed $2,500 per seat, per season.

I actually did this in 2007. Enjoyed my 3 years in the club. Moved to lower bowl.

Completely frustrated with the ticket office for a variety of reasons. Did not renew.

I actually did this in 2007. Enjoyed my 3 years in the club. Moved to lower bowl.

Completely frustrated with the ticket office for a variety of reasons. Did not renew.

Oh, I'm sure that I would enjoy 3 years in the club level. I'd love to sit there every game, but it just is not in the cards for me financially - I'm not even sure how I'd sell that one to the wife and I don't imagine the conversation going over well. I usually get into the club level for about 2 games per year with my father's company seats....that's good enough for me.

What has the ticket office done to frustrate you so much that you chose not to renew after upgrading to clubs to move into the lower level?

Got called today about upgrading to Club Level, they would give me a 25% discount and then put me in the LL in three years. Yeah, didn't buy that, not stupid, but my question is, I thought you had to have 5 year contracts for the club level, how would that work if I did do it? Let alone they said I had two tickets, not four, so I'm gonna have to call them tomorrow to make sure their isn't a mistake and probably have to hear them try to talk me into club for a couple minutes.