Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Just wanted to say my GF got me tickets to the 49ers game, 2nd rown cant wait to go...and if for some reason there is no football this season and we lose out on these tickets b/c im sure we wont get the refund the seller will im done with football. This prob should have gone in the lockout thread but i seen this one at the top. :ols:

Read a thread on another board which indicated that there will be party decks in the uppers (as TK reported in an ES thread) at both ends of the stadium. Its weird that it doesn't appear that they've started one side yet.....maybe they'll wait until after the Chesney concert, I dunno.

There's been a good number of times where people have told me they like sitting in the end zone due to the ability to watch the play develop, so I would imagine there would be some that would not be happy with this.

lol yeah, that would be me

i'm in 416.

hadn't paid attention, guess i need to go find the thread.

edit: so thats the 416 side?

*sigh* wtf. i'm in row 16. any idea what rows they starts yanking?

my rep called me yesterday, and didn't say a goddamn thing about this... i'm going to call him this morning and figure out wtf is going on.

Edited by tshile

I don't believe they have even started the auto upgrade process. They start with the lower level first working around the bowl towards the 50. Then they move to the upper bowl.

Agreed. We have yet to hear of any upgrades and the TO last told me they expected to finish with the LL around mid-May.

welp. ticket office couldn't tell me anything.

coudln't even tell me what the price difference would be, or whether i'd have to pay that difference this year or not.

so i cancelced my payment and closed my account.

you don't treat your customers that way. it'd be one thing if they told me what was going on, before they called and solicited a payment from me. but they didn't. they called and 'offered me a deal', but didn't bother to say 'oh btw, your seats are being moved because we ripped them out, we can't tell you where you're moving too or how much they'll be'.

this sucks. i went from being super excited yesterday to extremely upset today. guess i'll need to read MTH's thread on aftermarket tickets :(

Edited by tshile

i'm sure i will. you can find the tickets cheaper, you don't have to pay for preseason (although i think most people factor that cost into their after market tickets), and you aren't on the hook for all 8 regular season games. On top of that you can sit in different sections.

What pisses me of is they called me yesterday, knowing DAMN WELL that my seats no longer existed. Didn't bother to tell me that, instead just collected payment. So I find this out this morning, and when I call they cannot give me any information. I wasn't as concerned about where my seats would be (face it, I was in the endzone, anywhere other than obstructed view is pretty much better), but more about what I would owe this season.

I would have been fine if the answer was that they weren't going to charge me more this year, but going forward i'd have to pay the new price. That's probably an unlikely offer, but to me that seems completely reasonable considering it's an involuntary move on my part.

I probably would have been fine if they could have at least told me what the new price point would be for the tickets. I did not want to be in a situation where I paid 1800 for my 3 tickets, and parking, onlly to find out in July that I owed 600 more to get the tickets (going from 44$/seat, to 64$seat, which would be the smallest increase possible. 20*3 = 60, * 10 = 600). Then I'd have to put up an extra 600, or fight them to get the entire thing refunded.

But they couldn't give me that. Thats absurd. How can you treat your customers this way when you're already having issues filling the stadium? My request was completely reasonable - let me know (roughly) what the price increase this season would be, before you start billing my credit card.

Edited by tshile

They really should have had info together on those EZ seat movements by Draft Day. It's obvious that it would become public then, and to not have anything to tell a season ticket holder who walks into the stadium to see their seat gone is horrible planning.

MTH: Where did your links to all the stuff go? I'm looking for your big post on after market ticket buying. I clicked on the one link in your sig and didn't see it there. I also tag searched, regular searched, and google searched using site:extremeskins.com

Apparently i'm especially stupid today, could you help me out :)

edit: nevermind, i clicke don 'Tickets' and it brought me there. i'm stupid. the ticket office has me all messed up.

Edited by tshile

Once they started yanking seats, they should have had some explanation for those people with season tickets in those seats.Even if they are guaranteeing an upgrade but don't know where you are going to. Some people do not want to upgrade to more expensive seats and the TO should have been able to answer your question tshile. That is definitely unacceptable.

To RFKFedEx......Not ALL those seats were empty. I'd say roughly half those upper end zone seats were filled at most if not all the games. So there is definitely a cut in revenue; especially IF the team ever plays like a playoff team. Some of that may be made up with SRO ticket revenue if that is what they are planning.

Yeah tshile, definitely the 416 side, I sat there for a year when I bought ST's from a guy. Really liked the seats, only reason I knew that was the 416 side was because of that little hut thing, use to be a big press box or camera box, something, obviously not anymore. Sorry to hear you canceled man, really sucks, but nonetheless I understand.

To RFKFedEx......Not ALL those seats were empty. I'd say roughly half those upper end zone seats were filled at most if not all the games.

Totally agree with you S&S.

I theorize that about half of the endzone seating was assigned to STHs, but the other half was not because demand has been soft for years.

Remember my theory about the TO checker boarding the vacancies throughout the upper deck to prevent clusters of empty seating in the endzones. Evenly distributing the 400 level STHs creates perception of a more crowded house, unlike what you see in places like Oakland and Miami.

Relocating the endzone STHs shouldn't be hard bc there are enough vacancies peppered throughout the upper deck to easily reassign people.

welp. ticket office couldn't tell me anything.

coudln't even tell me what the price difference would be, or whether i'd have to pay that difference this year or not.

so i cancelced my payment and closed my account.

you don't treat your customers that way. it'd be one thing if they told me what was going on, before they called and solicited a payment from me. but they didn't. they called and 'offered me a deal', but didn't bother to say 'oh btw, your seats are being moved because we ripped them out, we can't tell you where you're moving too or how much they'll be'.

this sucks. i went from being super excited yesterday to extremely upset today. guess i'll need to read MTH's thread on aftermarket tickets :(

That's completely baffling that they would make it a point to call you and offer you perks (like Green parking) to get you to re-up, and then turn around a day later and let you walk because they can't answer these simple questions. Seems like there are still communications breakdowns that need to be fixed.

That's completely baffling that they would make it a point to call you and offer you perks (like Green parking) to get you to re-up, and then turn around a day later and let you walk because they can't answer these simple questions. Seems like there are still communications breakdowns that need to be fixed.

Not entirely. I agree the Skins should have had this planned better to make the announcement prior to draft day and have a plan in place on how they were going to treat those STHs forced out of their seats. However, I have been one of the fervent supporters along with other fans that the TO had to stop making preferential deals for people who threatened to drop their seats. This used to be standard operating procedure. You could call the TO and depending on which ticket agent you got, strike a deal without regard to seniority or location of your seats. A person who threatens to drop their seats should not be able to jump in front of someone who paid their tickets on time. It simply is not fair.

Tshile is probably better off buying game by game from brokers/stubhub unless he wants the cache/privilege of having season tickets in his family for a long time. For some of us, that is important. My son, for example is 22, and knows that when I croak, my lower level seats will be going to him. No need to start in the nosebleeds again. Some have had their tickets in their family since the Redskins moved from Boston ;) It's a personal decision that each person has to make as to what is important to them.

Almost forgot the point, I was going to make.....All those STHs are going to get significant seat upgrades in some way. They may just get moved to the other side of the stadium and move down or move down below row 15 where the cost goes up. It may be that they are doing the green parking upgrade as part of the compensation....although it would be nice if they said that. I think the other person reporting the green parking offer was also in the endzone....although I'm not positive about that.

Clearly the Skins have not done a good job with the transition here....although it probably is only affecting a handful of STHs who happen to be as anal as those of us on this board. The announcement will likely come long before most people would even know their seats have been torn from the stadium. Sometimes those of us that share info on here forget that we are typically the very first to know about any Redskins news before it is announced to the general Redskins public.

---------- Post added May-3rd-2011 at 06:36 PM ----------

I just got offered to move to the club for one year for $1999 per seat. In 2012, I would move (guaranteed in writing) back to the LL sideline. Strongly considering this offer

Are your current seats in the end zone where the seats have been removed?

Edited by SonnyandSam

Need to find that one band player I talked to before the one preseason game, dude apparently is real close with Larry and being that we shared a couple beers and grilled him a burger, he gave us some information before most people knew about it. Such as the new band uniforms, player uniforms and new audio system. I guess there was speculation about some of them if not all of them, but he knew 100% what was going down.

It'd be nice if they were just going to repaint the seats to say REDSKINS or have the logo.

Agreed. We have yet to hear of any upgrades and the TO last told me they expected to finish with the LL around mid-May.

Has anyone received any word yet at all this year? I checked the Seat Upgrade thread from last year and at this point last year many had learned of their upgrade from UL to LL. I'm just getting antsy. I assumed they would wait as long as possible to run the auto upgrade to get as many renewals as possible.

The online account information page is different this year. I wonder if we will be getting the infamous "returned" mark on our invoices again this year.

Edited by cdheggestad

I called yesterday and the person i spoke with said they hadn't started but would be starting in about a week. I also received an email yesterday with an offer to upgrade to 300 level for an "introductory" 2011 price. I haven't called them to ask how much.

I got a call from the TO today. They said that they were starting the automatic renewal process and my if I didn't renew my seats they would be up for someone else in the process. I needed to call ASAP to keep my lower level seats. I'm not going to renew.

Matt

I got a call from the TO today. They said that they were starting the automatic renewal process and my if I didn't renew my seats they would be up for someone else in the process. I needed to call ASAP to keep my lower level seats. I'm not going to renew.

Matt

Where were your seats?

Section 133 Row 15.

I think I sat in your seat last year. If I was you, I wouldn't move. You have some nice seats.

Matt

That's right. Forgot about that. I actually dropped those seats in an effort for an upgrade. We'll see what happens, but I won't be heartbroken if I just lose them altogether.