Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I've only had the tickets for one season, this is my second season and I was upgraded. I don't know how that works but I'm not complaining

I started in 2004.

---------- Post added June-9th-2011 at 05:47 PM ----------

One possibility is they've completed the auto upgrade for LL-to-LL and the first 15 rows of the UL to the LL but they just haven't notified anyone yet. Then, with the seats remaining in the LL, they move to the higher portions of the UL. I have to assume there were many more people than seats available and they probably don't have time to wait for days to make sure they give preference to longevity. So, they send out a mass email and make it first-come first-served. I was confused why I got an email because the auto upgrade was supposed to eliminate the need to ask me. The only solution I can think of is that they were left with more people to upgrade than seats available and they don't want to waste time tracking people down. Maybe not ideal, but maybe the way it is.

I was told I'd get an email in a couple weeks saying where my seats are.

Happy to see everyone being upgraded. I would think in a week I should be seeing where my seats are, being I'm new and don't know. When you get your seats, does a section on the ticketmaster site show up with like "Your Seats" or something? Or did I need to go poking through to look for it?

All you guys with upgrades.....did they give you section, row and seat numbers? Or are they just saying you can be upgraded and you will find out your actual location later?

We'll find out in a few weeks. They just mentioned the sections that are available, which are the 8 endzone sections in the 100s. It seemed they were just finding people to commit/pay for the seats and then they'll work on placing people. I found that odd because the auto upgrade program should, you know, automatically upgrade people without sending out the email and requiring people to call. That's why I think they did a bunch of auto upgrades, without notifying people yet of their new location, first and that left them with X number of remaining seats in the LL to fill. To fill those, I assume they just contacted the rest of the UL people who haven't been upgraded yet and are completing this on a first-come first-served basis. But, that's just a guess as to what's happening.

All you guys with upgrades.....did they give you section, row and seat numbers? Or are they just saying you can be upgraded and you will find out your actual location later?

Like dgreen said, no specific locations. I was told, like everyone else, I'll find out in a few weeks

Ok....that is exactly what happened to me and others last year. We were asked if we wanted to still upgrade to the LL and willing to have our CC charged for the additional amount. It happened to me on April 29. And I found out my actual seat location online in late May and got my notification letter in June. I think dgreen is probably correct. They have already auto upgraded folks who selected online to upgrade to the LL but still have openings available because so many people did not renew. So they are opening it up to others. Works out great for those who paid on time. And isn't the recent news that the owners and players are meeting regularly making you happy you paid on time? We'll have a season....too much money at stake for everyone.

I hope dgreen is right about the auto upgrades. If those of us in the lower rows of the upper level were not moved to the lower level and people in the upper rows were this will be may last season as a season ticket holder. It will be clear the ticket office does what ever they want when ever they want without any regard for the way things are supposed to be done. I hope this is not the case.

I hope dgreen is right about the auto upgrades. If those of us in the lower rows of the upper level were not moved to the lower level and people in the upper rows were this will be may last season as a season ticket holder. It will be clear the ticket office does what ever they want when ever they want without any regard for the way things are supposed to be done. I hope this is not the case.

LL people and UL people in the first 15 rows have already reported that their seats disappeared on their account. It sounds like that has meant in the past that their seats have been moved. So, I think we have a good idea that some of those people have been upgraded. Whether everyone was who wanted one is another question.

I'm pretty sure all the lower level and upper level 1st 15 rows to lower level auto upgrades have been completed before they made the email offers. I called the ticket office shortly before 5. I bluffed and told them I received the email and wanted to inquire about an upgrade to the lower level. The person I spoke to looked up my account and told me that I had already been relocated as a part of the auto upgrade. I have gone from 403 row 12 to section 111. They could not tell me my exact row and seat number but they said I should receive further information in a few days.

I'm pretty sure all the lower level and upper level 1st 15 rows to lower level auto upgrades have been completed before they made the email offers. I called the ticket office shortly before 5. I bluffed and told them I received the email and wanted to inquire about an upgrade to the lower level. The person I spoke to looked up my account and told me that I had already been relocated as a part of the auto upgrade. I have gone from 403 row 12 to section 111. They could not tell me my exact row and seat number but they said I should receive further information in a few days.

Congratulations!. You have the first confirmed upgrade with a section number this year. I'm in 109 and cannot wait to hear if I got moved to sideline seats....my old seats were removed eleven days ago now.....wish they would update the online accounts.

Congratulations!. You have the first confirmed upgrade with a section number this year. I'm in 109 and cannot wait to hear if I got moved to sideline seats....my old seats were removed eleven days ago now.....wish they would update the online accounts.

Thats strange. Im in 106, called today to verify I would be upgraded, and my seats are still there on my account.

Well let me ask you guys. Is it weird then, as a first year season ticket holder I am being given rows 1-15? I would think that the people in the UL who want to move down from rows 29-16 would be done first before I was given my rows 1-15 seats. However I paid what equals out to be rows 1-15. Just curious.

Well let me ask you guys. Is it weird then, as a first year season ticket holder I am being given rows 1-15? I would think that the people in the UL who want to move down from rows 29-16 would be done first before I was given my rows 1-15 seats. However I paid what equals out to be rows 1-15. Just curious.

Not totally unheard of. I personally never wanted to be upgraded to rows 1-15 in the UL. I just didn't see the advantage and didn't want to pay the extra money. Last year, I was offered a few different options to make that upgrade, but I declined. I was already in row 17 and didn't see the point in paying $300+ to move to row 14. Also, it seems a lot of people are getting the LL upgrades, creating a lot of holes in rows 1-15.

Anyone having trouble logging into the ticket site? My computer says cannot find server. I wanted to see if my seats are missing.

It was doing that for me for about an hour a couple days ago. Right now, the site works fine for me.

It is unusual compared to previous years. But this is an unusual year with the lockout and uncertainty about an NFL season. Based on messages on this site alone, a lot of fans just refused to pay money for tickets with no assurance of a season of games to watch. Combine that with a general lower demand for Skins season tickets over the last 3-4 years and a recession that is still going on no matter what Washington politicians say, and there are just a lot more seats available than there were 3-4 years ago.

LL people and UL people in the first 15 rows have already reported that their seats disappeared on their account. It sounds like that has meant in the past that their seats have been moved. So, I think we have a good idea that some of those people have been upgraded. Whether everyone was who wanted one is another question.

I'm in Row 8 of 111, my seats are still showing on my invoice. No word on an upgrade.....

Not totally unheard of. I personally never wanted to be upgraded to rows 1-15 in the UL. I just didn't see the advantage and didn't want to pay the extra money. Last year, I was offered a few different options to make that upgrade, but I declined. I was already in row 17 and didn't see the point in paying $300+ to move to row 14. Also, it seems a lot of people are getting the LL upgrades, creating a lot of holes in rows 1-15.

I understand that. My father is getting older (but likes the UL) so with the escalators we decided to get Rows 1-15 so it's not so hard on his knees. I know some rows can be bad because of the glass. Think it was like rows 6-9 or something along that line. I'd have to check Mark the Homers thread again.

It is unusual compared to previous years. But this is an unusual year with the lockout and uncertainty about an NFL season. Based on messages on this site alone, a lot of fans just refused to pay money for tickets with no assurance of a season of games to watch. Combine that with a general lower demand for Skins season tickets over the last 3-4 years and a recession that is still going on no matter what Washington politicians say, and there are just a lot more seats available than there were 3-4 years ago.

My family has been waiting a long time to get season tickets. We were offered them the year the stadium opened, but couldn't afford them then. This previous season was the 2nd time we were offered them so we decided not to sleep on them and grab them while we could. I figured the economy, the lack of good football and the lockout had a good deal with why I was able to get them, it's unfortunate for those who couldn't pay, but I'm happy I was able to get them.

If you can afford them and enjoy the gameday experience, this is a great time to buy or hold on to Redskins tickets. Once the Skins become contenders again, and the economy rebounds, I think FedEx will truly be sold out and the secondary ticket market will resemble what it did 10 years ago. Tales of second and third year STHs being moved to the lower deck (which is happening now) will be the stuff of legend.

It sounds hilarious, but we saw the same thing happen just a couple years ago with the Caps, a team that couldn't sell out a high school gymnasium and is now the hottest ticket in town with a real ticket waitlist.

I don't know much about their wait list. I some how was put on it, I assume from buying stuff before and I got a notice during last season I could buy season tickets. Thought it would have been longer than that. Either way I couldn't afford them, they want A LOT of money.

I don't know much about their wait list. I some how was put on it, I assume from buying stuff before and I got a notice during last season I could buy season tickets. Thought it would have been longer than that. Either way I couldn't afford them, they want A LOT of money.

I'm betting they offered you Acela Club seats or restaurant ledge seats, which is the Caps equivalent of the FedEx Field Club and Loge sections (quite expensive but the best way to jump the STH waitlist).

General admission Caps seats are sold out and with a reported renewal rate of 98%, my bet is it'll take a couple years to get your number called. Or one really bad season and maybe an Ovechkin injury to force all the newbie fans to jump off the bandwagon.

I'm betting they offered you Acela Club seats or restaurant ledge seats, which is the Caps equivalent of the FedEx Field Club and Loge sections (quite expensive but the best way to jump the STH waitlist).

General admission Caps seats are sold out and with a reported renewal rate of 98%, my bet is it'll take a couple years to get your number called. Or one really bad season and maybe an Ovechkin injury to force all the newbie fans to jump off the bandwagon.

I called about getting tickets last year and they said based on the length of waitlist (which requires a downpayment) and the renewal rate, I'm looking at 11 years until I can get in....

No it was definitely the GA seats. They wanted something like $500 down per seat then the ticket price. I couldn't afford that.