Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

1 hour ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

So would I, but with the plans provided by Monumental Sports (whole season plans make it really easy to make a profit on games) and the Orioles dollar-for-dollar transfer , I just can't see the Redskins doing something like this.  There would be too much flak with the fans.  I do wish I could have seen the people who have their seats next to me last season, but they sold all of theirs last year, or gave them away.  I had some people who would have liked to come to games and sat with me instead of just tailgating, so I hope they make it to a game this year, but I doubt it.  

13 hours ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Only problem is that, unlike in Denver, there is no waiting list here.  Skins are having a hard enough time selling season tix as it is.

So no way Skins would do this.

Skins really do enjoy a healthy aftermarket and couldn't care less if you have to sit and be harassed by visiting fans in your own stadium, as long as someone pays them for that ticket!! 

Redskins games (especially against Marquee opponents) remind me a lot of college bowl games at this point, near 50/50 distribution of fans maybe tilted a bit in the Skins favor.

Edited by ggarriso

21 hours ago, ggarriso said:

Skins really do enjoy a healthy aftermarket and couldn't care less if you have to sit and be harassed by visiting fans in your own stadium, as long as someone pays them for that ticket!! 

Redskins games (especially against Marquee opponents) remind me a lot of college bowl games at this point, near 50/50 distribution of fans maybe tilted a bit in the Skins favor.

That is actually quite untrue. I have had conversations with senior Redskins officials and the number of visiting team fans is a source of great frustration for them. They make nothing from aftermarket ticket sales other than any advertising $ they make from relationships with StubHub, etc. The problem is how do you stop fans from selling their season tickets.

The sale of tickets on the internet is a problem faced by most every NFL team. It is not unique to the Redskins. The internet provides an easy source of tickets for visiting fans where ever you are.

Edited by SonnyandSam

21 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Even though I can't understand STHs who sell the majority of their games, it would be hypocritical for the Skins to take tickets from those folks, given that they have Stubhub as a sponsor at the stadium.

The bigger problem is if you take tickets away incorrectly for just one Redskins fan, the Washington Post will skewer the Redskins. In reality, the cost of season tickets has forced many die hard fans to sell some or even most of their individual game tickets to afford to go to a small number of games. OR, in my case one year, I sold my season tickets (to a Redskins fan, though) because I was unemployed. Food on the table is still more important than my Redskins....but not by much. :)  It will be interesting to see if the Broncos face any fallout from their action.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SonnyandSam said:

The bigger problem is if you take tickets away incorrectly for just one Redskins fan, the Washington Post will skewer the Redskins. In reality, the cost of season tickets has forced many die hard fans to sell some or even most of their individual game tickets to afford to go to a small number of games. OR, in my case one year, I sold my season tickets (to a Redskins fan, though) because I was unemployed. Food on the table is still more important than my Redskins....but not by much. :)  It will be interesting to see if the Broncos face any fallout from their action.

And I have ZERO problem with you selling your tickets to another Skins fan, for profit or not.

The problem lies with these ticket brokers that buy a season ticket package from someone at, below or over cost and totally rape people online with the prices.

Check eBay around the Cowboys game. Those tickets go for double. Some stupid cowboy fan, who hasn't even been to Dallas will spend half his paycheck to go to FedEx. That's not attractive to the Redskins. They will get the same amount of money from whatever season ticket holder buys them.

That's being said, if possible, they would surely stop someone from making money and having opposing fans inside the stadium.

1 minute ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

That's being said, if possible, they would surely stop someone from making money and having opposing fans inside the stadium.

Unfortunately, that is easier said than done. Ticket brokers typically buy tickets under an individual's name not the company name; or they buy from a season ticket holder. It is just difficult to identify brokers, or even individuals, who are just trying to make money off the Redskins tickets.

Reading more about what the Broncos did.....They took away season tickets for accounts where EVERY GAME was listed online. They did not take back season tickets from folks that listed a few or even most games. In most cases, these are likely brokers. But some, could be STHs like me, who were unemployed or underemployed and have to sell season tickets temporarily until they get their income right again. Teams have to be careful about screwing actual fans.

But yeah, to your point, no team WANTS visiting team fans in their stadium; and that includes Dan Snyder.

7 hours ago, SonnyandSam said:

It was that way years ago too.  People sell the high demand games (like Cowboys, Eagles, Steelers if we play them and primetime games) to finance their tickets.  That's going to happen regardless of the Redskins being a winner or loser, but obviously, being a winning team means that many of us will find some way to squeeze enough money to get out to support the Redskins more than we would if they are struggling.  

Also, I think STH like my uncle are going by the wayside.  My uncle had three sets of tickets- his own that he sold to other fans to attend games, two that we sat in, and another two that someone bought from him every year.  He got the other seats from people he sat with at RFK, who would buy/sell/trade with each other.  Now that that market is dwindling with people who were willing to pay each other face value, people are going to the secondary market which does not guarantee Redskins fans getting the tickets, but needing some extra cash is a reality that many STH's face.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:40 PM, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Are you a season ticket holder?

If not, then STFU. Redskins fans like going to Redskins games. You know what you need to get into a Redskins game? Tickets!

I guess you don't even watch the Redskins play their games on TV either huh?

Because if you do, you are technically contributing to Dan Snyder's TV revenue.

Guess you didn't think about that before posting this crap

If I were a season ticket holder, then I'd be a pretty big hypocrite wouldn't I?

And I guess you'll STFU and take whatever Danny boy throws your way..... Repeat after me: thank you Mr. Dan Snyder Sir, may I have another......

Edited by markshark84

1 hour ago, markshark84 said:

If I were a season ticket holder, then I'd be a pretty big hypocrite wouldn't I?

And I guess you'll STFU and take whatever Danny boy throws your way..... Repeat after me: thank you Mr. Dan Snyder Sir, may I have another......

My point is, why is a non season ticket holder, posting in a thread about renewing season tickets.

I got my season tickets in 2000. Section 442 row 29. You could see the parking lot better than you could see the field. I was 20 years old and proud to have season tickets in my name.

Now? Still proud. I have four tickets and two green passes. I keep getting closer to the field every year and I am currently sitting 13 rows from the 40 yard line.

Now repeat after me:

I don't have season tickets, and I should not be posting in any thread that is about renewing season tickets, because again, I don't own season tickets

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cool as Crud said:

Anyone know if 2017 season tickets have different preseason vs regular season face value? If so, what is the breakdown?

Specifically interested in section 203. Thx.

They did last year. I don't remember exact prices. I am in 209, I think Preseason was like $50 and regular was $150. 

9 hours ago, Cool as Crud said:

Anyone know if 2017 season tickets have different preseason vs regular season face value? If so, what is the breakdown?

Specifically interested in section 203. Thx.

For my section (113/23), the two preseason games were $58.30/ticket (4.9 percent of total season cost of $1,199) and the eight regular season games were $135.30/ticket (11.3 percent).

Based on that, if you need to estimate your breakdown, ten percent of the total for the two preseason games and 90 percent for the eight regular season games.  Round up/down as needed; your mileage may vary.

my 0.02

On 5/6/2017 at 0:46 PM, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Selling your season tickets on StubHub is quite different than selling your entire season ticket package for a profit on eBay.

To think they would not want to stop that is foolish.

Why?  Skins get their money up front, end of discussion.  Its good business to get the sure money each year than to go looking fro new customers.  And the Skins are all about good business.

On 5/5/2017 at 7:10 PM, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

I like the debate this has generated.  I have the need to sell the Thanksgiving night and Christmas Eve day games as I will be spending those holidays with my mom who lost her husband of 21-plus years seven months ago (two weekends before Christmas 2016).  With me being the only family left (my sister and family live in Europe) and her not driving any great distance, this is a must.

And we also have to take into account service men and women who get deployed for a stretch of time where they need to sell an entire season.  The reasons are legitimate.

What needs to happen is to revoke those whose seats are filled by fans (both, but especially those supporting opposing teams) who act in a manner less than appropriate for the Fan Code of Conduct.  Last year's home opener saw a vulgar and very family unfriendly display of twerking by someone on the aisle two rows in front of me wearing a stiller jersey.  And it's usually opposing teams' fans who occupied those seats all season long.

In my humble opinion ...

THAT

... should be grounds for having your tickets revoked.

• Like 2

Anyone get this email the other night?  Sounds like they are having more issues selling seats still.

Good Evening,

Hope all is well. I wanted to touch bases with you in regards to our add-on process going on 7/5 through 7/14 for this upcoming season.  I see you’re a current season ticket holder.Wanted to inform you amazing seats are still open in our upper & lower levels of the stadium for next season. If you’re interested in purchasing additional seats for yourself, family, friends or Redskins fans this is the prime time to do so! Feel free to contact me and we can discuss available options. Look forward to speaking with you & have a great day!

HTTR!