Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

14 minutes ago, CTennant said:

Why would future and potential PSLs (which we have only speculation about) affect your 2018 decision?  If that happens in ~8 years, that obviously affects that future decision.

...it will also be several years before we are any good....and there's no guarantee on that, especially with Snyder at the helm....so the feeling is why keep these if we are going to be bad for the short run (possibly longer) and have to give these up if/when a new stadium comes along?  I agree that a new stadium is speculation at this point, but between VA, DC, and MD, IMHO, one of those is going to be dumb enough to give him a stadium.   I live in Virginia and I am hoping our govt learned from Richmond what happens when you make a deal with Snyder.

BTW, I am going to see if my brother wants to join me in 401.  I split my four tickets with another guy and I would not be surprised if the other guy drops out or only wants one ticket in 2018.

I am beginning to think that the only way we can rid ourselves of Snyder is to prevent a new stadium being built and he either moves or sells the team.

I am almost willing to see Snyder move the team if we can get a deal like Cleveland got when the Browns moved to Baltimore...keep the name, colors, etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MarkB452 said:

I am almost willing to see Snyder move the team if we can get a deal like Cleveland got when the Browns moved to Baltimore...keep the name, colors, etc.

I said exactly this Sunday at a Christmas party (where we were watching Eagles-Rams instead of the Skins).  I'm almost at the point where I'd live without football in DC at all if it meant no more Snyder.  Heck, I've already checked out on the Skins as it is so I wouldn't miss it all that much.  A "new" Redskin team a few years after the old one left might energize me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CTennant said:

Why would future and potential PSLs (which we have only speculation about) affect your 2018 decision?  If that happens in ~8 years, that obviously affects that future decision.

This post basically tells me why americans dont save correctly for retirement.  You are wasting money for this **** instead of putting this money into your IRA and making alot of money.  Why would you care about PSLs if the team is a joke?

• Like 1

On 12/14/2017 at 10:55 AM, MarkB452 said:

I got an email to do a season ticket holder survey.  A lot of the questions were on a scale of 1 -10 w/ 1 = absolutely not and 10 - absolutely yes

One question asked if you would recommend Redskins season tickets to a friend.  I gave this a 1. 

Asked if I would renew next year:  4 ...I've been a STH since 1999...currently in section 401.

My brother has seats in sect 124, that have been in our family since the 1980's (long story on this), but he wants to find someone else to take them next year and probably beyond that. We are both aware that a new stadium will likely come with a rather hefty PSL for the ones in 124, so now might be the time to just let them go. 

We've had our tickets for 15 years, went through the club level for a couple of years to get into the lower level.  Moved from the 100's back into the 200's so we could sit most of the game.  Home side. So aside from being on the 50 which we we getting close to we have great seats.  I even thought I would pass the tix on to my kids somehow but with all the crap going on with the team, the kneeling, and possible PSL's with new stadium it's going to be tough to renew next year.

21 minutes ago, Ashburn Dave said:

Why do people always try to put words in your mouth?  I never said concerned. 

Why would you not want to pass on something you enjoyed to your kids?

I apologize for putting words in your mouth, but thats a general feeling i get.  People act like your kids can't go to a game without you passing your tickets.  

Why would i want to give something to my children that has 0 value?  I can enjoy teh redskins in many other ways and i am not giving them a finiancial burden that doesn't even match the value provided.

Just now, skinfan2k said:

Why would i want to give something to my children that has 0 value?  I can enjoy teh redskins in many other ways and i am not giving them a finiancial burden that doesn't even match the value provided.

That's the difference I guess then.  You feel they have 0 value and a while ago I thought they had great value hence my paying club level prices for three years just to get good seats in the lower level.  I have $10K's into my 15 years of owning.  Sounds like value I might want to pass on to my kids.

Now given how I feel about them today I would tend to agree that their value is pretty much 0.  The problem is I'm already vested so it is a tough decision because of that. 

16 minutes ago, Ashburn Dave said:

That's the difference I guess then.  You feel they have 0 value and a while ago I thought they had great value hence my paying club level prices for three years just to get good seats in the lower level.  I have $10K's into my 15 years of owning.  Sounds like value I might want to pass on to my kids.

Now given how I feel about them today I would tend to agree that their value is pretty much 0.  The problem is I'm already vested so it is a tough decision because of that. 

Unless you are in a contract or can write off your tickets on your taxes, i would recommend to release them.  You will enjoy the redskins even more without a large investment.  Despite the redskins not imprving over the past few years, i noted i am happier when i can buy tickets the week of and pick and choose an area of the stadium to sit and still pay less than face.  I had season tickets previously and i felt miserable because losses didnt equate to investment.  now i can still go to every game but enjoy that i am not paying as much

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tsailand said:

If you are renewing your tickets now before you know what the team will do in the offseason, you are part of the problem.

The deadline to renew is typically around March 1.......but I have heard of cases where people were able to renew later than that, but I don't think that would work once they allow people to upgrade (typically late May).

14 hours ago, Tsailand said:

If you are renewing your tickets now before you know what the team will do in the offseason, you are part of the problem.

The deadline to renew is typically around March 1.......but I have heard of cases where people were able to renew later than that, but I don't think that would work once they allow people to upgrade (typically late May).

I couldn't imagine purchasing season tickets. The time and money involved in seeing a below average team is nowhere near worth it. We won't be an elite franchise again, not under this ownership. Our stadium is practically a neutral site. Heck some games (Dallas , Pittsburgh) feels like we are the visiting team. 

Took my 12 year old daughter to game yesterday. Her first game. People in front of us wouldn't sit down. Drunk and dancing, acting stupid. Seems like a third of the crowd doesnt even watch the game. Just walking to the bathroom or food stands and foul language can be heard. We witnessed some idiot climb the fence in Green lot D, ripped his pants on the way down. Drunk, cussing. 

Maybe I sound like an old man but it's not a place I want to bring my kids to. We have a much better time at a Caps or Nats game. I remember the RFK days and things are so different now.

• Like 3

I wonder if we will be able to buy our tickets next year with Snickers bars.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/12/18/i-traded-a-snickers-bar-for-a-135-redskins-ticket/?tid=pm_sports_pop&utm_term=.187fa0b9faa1

“There’s no point in getting 8 or 10 bucks,” Henry Faunce IV said. “We pay eight grand a year for tickets and parking, and we can’t even sell a ticket for 20 bucks.”

So we consummated another deal: My last Snickers bar for one of their tickets in section 114, with a face value of $135.30. This felt like an uneven transaction. On the other hand, “I’m a Snickers guy,” patriarch Henry Faunce III said. “Love Snickers.”

Given Snyder's "I don't like vanilla " ice cream stunt, maybe we should all send cases of Snickers to Redskins Park as payment for next year's tickets.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/daniel-snyder-does-not-like-vanilla-ice-cream-so-says-mike-nolan/792

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkB452 said:

“There’s no point in getting 8 or 10 bucks,” Henry Faunce IV said. “We pay eight grand a year for tickets and parking, and we can’t even sell a ticket for 20 bucks.”

So we consummated another deal: My last Snickers bar for one of their tickets in section 114, with a face value of $135.30. This felt like an uneven transaction. On the other hand, “I’m a Snickers guy,” patriarch Henry Faunce III said. “Love Snickers.”

Steinberg's article reminded me of the one a few years back where the guy bought a cheap upper level ticket on Stubhub and then got upgraded to the club level by the Skins officials who were hanging on the upper concourse handing out club passes.

Reading this article makes it even feel more insulting when Larry Michael tries to blow sunshine up our you-know-whats by saying "its gonna be packed and rocking!" and then you see the shots of the seating bowl on the internet.  I don't even know what they use to measure attendance any more.  No way over 71K passed through the turnstiles yesterday. And if you say "well, they base on tickets sold, " then surely well more than 56K tickets had been sold for the Chiefs game in 2013. 

22 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Steinberg's article reminded me of the one a few years back where the guy bought a cheap upper level ticket on Stubhub and then got upgraded to the club level by the Skins officials who were hanging on the upper concourse handing out club passes.

Me and a buddy did that all the time to haunt for those guys.  When we were in college it was so fun to find the cheap tickets and get upgraded to club or lowers

15 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Me and a buddy did that all the time to haunt for those guys.  When we were in college it was so fun to find the cheap tickets and get upgraded to club or lowers

Yes, I was doing that as well, but I already had a season ticket.  I did buy a bunch of SRO tickets for cheap and got my dogs' sitter's family upgraded to club seats for the Rams game.  BTW, that was in 2014.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/12/09/how-to-experience-the-redskins-club-level-at-fedex-field-for-the-price-of-a-sandwich/?utm_term=.6e70d8f1272b

After purchasing a standing-room only ticket for $6.58 on StubHub the night before, I set out for the Redskins-Rams game at FedEx Field on Sunday morning with two goals: 1.) Gain access to the club level, and 2.) Don’t freeze. The second goal would be a cinch if I achieved the first goal. The first goal was dependent on finding a guy in a suit holding a stack of envelopes.

Once that article came out, that was the end of the upgrade process on a large scale.  I did score two club upgrades to the Packers playoff game a couple of years ago, but it looked like that was done on a VERY small scale.  Anyways, if you are in the upper level, keep an eye out for guys in suits with large white envelopes.

Going to my last game as a season ticket holder this Sunday. Had to be bribed with field passes to go. Never had field passes before, so I thought why not?

Just not worth the investment in my opinion. I can either enjoy or embrace  the mediocrity of the games at home, or get tickets in my old section or better for way cheaper on the secondary market.

• Like 2

I was actually thinking of taking my kid to his first game this weekend.  He's almost six, but I figured a game where both teams suck, non-division, near a holiday, hopefully the drunks would be minimal.

Regardless, tickets are so cheap that I was re-reading Mark the Homer's old FedEx Field guide and wondering if the Loge seats had sunk so low that I could afford them.  Those don't seem to pop up on Stubhub or any of the other sites.  Are they not allowed to be resold, or have they still not sunk to the price range I was looking at?

Looks like there are presently two tickets in the loge on Stubhub, but well over $200 per.  I'll get intrigued when I see tickets listed in a suite for below $100 like I did last week, but get suspicious when I see "row 23," because I sure as hell know there aren't 23 rows in a suite!

Looks like there are still a decent amount of relatively inexpensive club tickets for the game, although not at the ridiculously low prices you saw for the Cardinals game. That would still be my recommendation if you wind up deciding to go.

As for the survey the Skins are sending out, yep, that's all we need is a bunch of fans making decisions on the future of the team. "Muh gotta bring Russ Grimm in here!!"  SMH.............

1 hour ago, Forehead said:

Regardless, tickets are so cheap that I was re-reading Mark the Homer's old FedEx Field guide and wondering if the Loge seats had sunk so low that I could afford them. 

Not sure what your price point is, but it might be worth looking at the dream seats and club level as well...especially on Sunday morning (...and maybe bring some Snickers bars with you)

1 hour ago, MarkB452 said:

Not sure what your price point is, but it might be worth looking at the dream seats and club level as well...especially on Sunday morning (...and maybe bring some Snickers bars with you)

I've never been in dream seats before but I've seen them and don't care for the view potentially being blocked.  Been on the club level before.  I've never been in the loge, with the buffet and all.  Plus which, more controlled environment for the kid.  Maybe I can get into the owner's club :)  Think Snyder would take $20 a pop for that?

On 12/21/2017 at 6:51 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

This was directed to premium (club) level season ticket holders. They send a similar survey out to guys in general admission as well.

What I think odd about the survey is they think those things matter in the season ticket buying decision. The only time anyone is going to be really satisfied with things like "direction of the team" or the leadership team is if they're winning super bowls. Doc Walker will tell you, "if it ain't winning it ain't for me". 

But owning season tickets isn't about that. It's about tradition with friends and family. In a twisted way it's about community... the mob environment with 67,000-ish fans screaming like freakin' lunatics or commiserating together.

It's really not to dissimilar from church. We all gather together once a week to celebrate our way. Sure there's an occasional Catholic at a Baptist service and they may even toss a buck in the plate as it's passed around. But they're either converting or finding a church that celebrates how they want if they're signing up for tithing. No one is making that commitment based on who's the acting Bishop. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, turtle2328 said:

This was directed to premium (club) level season ticket holders. They send a similar survey out to guys in general admission as well.

What I think odd about the survey is they think those things matter in the season ticket buying decision. The only time anyone is going to be really satisfied with things like "direction of the team" or the leadership team is if they're winning super bowls. Doc Walker will tell you, "if it ain't winning it ain't for me". 

But owning season tickets isn't about that. It's about tradition with friends and family. In a twisted way it's about community... the mob environment with 67,000-ish fans screaming like freakin' lunatics or commiserating together.

It's really not to dissimilar from church. We all gather together once a week to celebrate our way. Sure there's an occasional Catholic at a Baptist service and they may even toss a buck in the plate as it's passed around. But they're either converting or finding a church that celebrates how they want if they're signing up for tithing. No one is making that commitment based on who's the acting Bishop. 

If I still lived in the DMV I'd probably do the season ticket drill.  Flying from Florida, I typically fly up to 2-3 games a season, sometimes I'll do one game on the road.  And I've been doing it for a long time now. 

As for season ticket holders motivations, what you are saying makes all the sense in the world and sounds great and I can easily respect it.  In my own way, I am the same, I am not in the camp of Bruce-Dan or whatever could steal my fandom.  I keep coming back to games regardless of what they do. 

Having said that, I've read enough comments on different mediums, talk radio and have some family and friends who have been ticket holders to know that not everyone sees it the same way.  I personally know multiple people who have given up their season tickets in part because of the FO.  

Chris Russell who claims to have a good source in the front office said months ago that he heard that they are struggling to sell some of their premium tickets-suite packages.  And there is some concern.

You got the TV ratings bordering at all time lows.  I get the idea that the communal experience at the stadium transcends and trumps all else.  But I gather you get enough people who see it differently that there might be some concern with the FO.  Will see.

Edited by Skinsinparadise