Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

On 4/13/2018 at 4:35 PM, DButz65 said:

Good bye season tickets, you were always with me since the age of 5 (when my dad started taking me to games, and put in my name about 25 years ago) you never complained or ****ed or moaned. You were the perfect non wife I never had. Two of those have gone by the wayside (never again!) But I will always back my Skins!! I'll go to a few games a year still, maybe more, but two tickets will be available in 225 row 1 when the upgrading starts folks, they were good seats, go grab em! 

... as will two tickets in section 113 on the aisle with plenty of room to extend the left knee/leg.

I was grappling with renewing until the announcement a month ago that the contract which I have been supporting for 20 years (come May), a service that has been active for 28 years, will be turned off mid-May as a result of the customer choosing not to exercise the next one-year option of the contract.

As I am still seeking new work within the organization (as well as outside) with the uncertainty of having a paycheck in five weeks, I cannot justify the expense of season tickets at this time.

On 4/13/2018 at 7:49 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Two reasons I don't have season tickets (other than I don't live in the area anymore).

1.  I don't like the way you have to start with crappy tickets and move your way up.  If I am going to drop that kind of coin, I want to be on the 50 where I want to be.  That is the tickets I buy when I get them on the secondary market.  

2.  I like to go to a game or two each year when I can for the experience.  But overall, I feel like it is better at home on my couch.  I can pause when I want, no line for the bathroom, get good camera angles, etc.  I always have felt like for those wanting to actually SEE the game of football, at home is a better experience.

I will admit though I do like the idea of being able to say I am a "season ticket holder".

... and an endless supply of COCA COLA products in my refrigerator.  (A hard lesson in Spring 2017 to discover Pepsi products make me sick to my stomach; the press release last summer clearly indicated unsweetened iced tea would be in the fountains but that never materialized.)

Back in the RFK days, being a season ticket holder had its glamour: smaller stadium, quality teams.

Nowadays, the proliferation of the secondary market at a larger venue in concert with a dysfunctional organization means it's hard to get face value for games.  Someone told me that he has been able to get Club tickets at the last minute for less than what I pay in lower level.

So, aside from the Redskins Rewards program, what incentive is there to retain them?  Fourteen years is a great run but the increased infusion of politics into the NFL has killed what waning interest I had.

Once I get my employment situation in order, I will probably become a semi-regular at Nationals Park: short walk from metro and I can get Diet COKE there.

• Like 2

I was ready to jump back in when I noticed my invoice did not give the location for my parking. It says "Redskins Parking" without the lot location. Did they change the format of the invoice or is my location subject to their whims due to late payment? I'll call on Monday, if necessary, but I'd rather find out here.

Edited by C.Taylor

Tough decision this year.  My sister and mother have tickets.  My brother-in-law and I had tickets we bought every year from another season ticket holder.

Recently I've had to eat 4 or more tickets per season due to scheduling conflicts.  Kids are getting older and have more activities that I'd like to be a part of.  Besides tailgating, generally an awful game day experience.  It was time to rip off the band aid.

The guys are now out.  We did not renew and the season ticket holders we always bought tickets from gave up their tickets.. 

Maybe we will go to a game or two with tickets from Stub Hub - but that will be our choice.

Honestly - it feels like a huge burden has been lifted from my shoulders.  I'll still root for my team, but will do so from my living room or basement.  

The good news for fans - with us giving up tickets, it should be inevitable that this team turns it around starting this year. 

Enjoy.  You are welcome.

GV

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grumpy Vet said:

Tough decision this year.  My sister and mother have tickets.  My brother-in-law and I had tickets we bought every year from another season ticket holder.

Recently I've had to eat 4 or more tickets per season due to scheduling conflicts.  Kids are getting older and have more activities that I'd like to be a part of.  Besides tailgating, generally an awful game day experience.  It was time to rip off the band aid.

The guys are now out.  We did not renew and the season ticket holders we always bought tickets from gave up their tickets.. 

Maybe we will go to a game or two with tickets from Stub Hub - but that will be our choice.

Honestly - it feels like a huge burden has been lifted from my shoulders.  I'll still root for my team, but will do so from my living room or basement.  

The good news for fans - with us giving up tickets, it should be inevitable that this team turns it around starting this year. 

Enjoy.  You are welcome.

GV

Dude you will become a bigger fan without this burden.  My friends are miserable who have tickets.  i laugh at them because every week they try to find people to take the 1-2 tickets.  

• Like 1

I liked spending time w/ family and friends at the tailgate - but none of the people I tailgated w/ have kids or their kids are grown up.  So we are just in different places in our lives and our priorities are different.  It has been problematic for years.

I'm super strict when it comes to drinking and driving.  I would normally have 4-5 beers at tailgate and nothing in the stadium.  Here is a typical football Sunday:

Call an Uber to go from my house to my sister's house - leaving at 6:30 AM to arrive at 7:00AM.  Hop in the car w/ our group to arrive at 7:30 - 7:45AM for opening of Red Zone.  Tailgate from 8AM - 12:15 PM - usually fun.  Game from 1PM - 4:30PM that is rarely fun.  Sit in traffic to get out (brother in law drives back) - putting us back to my sister's house at 5:30 - 6PM.  Call an Uber back to my house and be home around 6:30 PM.  It's exhausting and certainly isn't cheap.

I think skinfan2k nailed it.....I might be a bigger fan w/o this grind.  If I can start recording the game at 1PM and start watching at 1:30 -1:45 FF'ding through commercials - I could turn a 12 hour death march into something less than 3 hours.  So much more palatable - win or lose.

This all said - to you super fans that can pull off the 12+ hours and really enjoy it.  I am so very happy for you all.  Have fun and do you.

Go Skins.

20 minutes ago, Grumpy Vet said:

I liked spending time w/ family and friends at the tailgate - but none of the people I tailgated w/ have kids or their kids are grown up.  So we are just in different places in our lives and our priorities are different.  It has been problematic for years.

I'm super strict when it comes to drinking and driving.  I would normally have 4-5 beers at tailgate and nothing in the stadium.  Here is a typical football Sunday:

Call an Uber to go from my house to my sister's house - leaving at 6:30 AM to arrive at 7:00AM.  Hop in the car w/ our group to arrive at 7:30 - 7:45AM for opening of Red Zone.  Tailgate from 8AM - 12:15 PM - usually fun.  Game from 1PM - 4:30PM that is rarely fun.  Sit in traffic to get out (brother in law drives back) - putting us back to my sister's house at 5:30 - 6PM.  Call an Uber back to my house and be home around 6:30 PM.  It's exhausting and certainly isn't cheap.

I think skinfan2k nailed it.....I might be a bigger fan w/o this grind.  If I can start recording the game at 1PM and start watching at 1:30 -1:45 FF'ding through commercials - I could turn a 12 hour death march into something less than 3 hours.  So much more palatable - win or lose.

This all said - to you super fans that can pull off the 12+ hours and really enjoy it.  I am so very happy for you all.  Have fun and do you.

Go Skins.

During a time where people struggle to find time to do things, you can enjoy the game and not worrying about finding people to go to the game anymore,  not have to pay full price, pick the best game to attend, picking games to attend when teh weather is amazing.  

Gave up our seats this year as well. My grandfather got them when FedEx opened. Started at the very last row on the upper deck. Made it to row 5 of 139. I'm sure we'll still go to the games, but will probably spend a fraction of what we paid for season tickets.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2018 at 2:08 AM, HouseBowlrz said:

... as will two tickets in section 113 on the aisle with plenty of room to extend the left knee/leg.

I was grappling with renewing until the announcement a month ago that the contract which I have been supporting for 20 years (come May), a service that has been active for 28 years, will be turned off mid-May as a result of the customer choosing not to exercise the next one-year option of the contract.

As I am still seeking new work within the organization (as well as outside) with the uncertainty of having a paycheck in five weeks, I cannot justify the expense of season tickets at this time.

... and an endless supply of COCA COLA products in my refrigerator.  (A hard lesson in Spring 2017 to discover Pepsi products make me sick to my stomach; the press release last summer clearly indicated unsweetened iced tea would be in the fountains but that never materialized.)

Back in the RFK days, being a season ticket holder had its glamour: smaller stadium, quality teams.

Nowadays, the proliferation of the secondary market at a larger venue in concert with a dysfunctional organization means it's hard to get face value for games.  Someone told me that he has been able to get Club tickets at the last minute for less than what I pay in lower level.

So, aside from the Redskins Rewards program, what incentive is there to retain them?  Fourteen years is a great run but the increased infusion of politics into the NFL has killed what waning interest I had.

Once I get my employment situation in order, I will probably become a semi-regular at Nationals Park: short walk from metro and I can get Diet COKE there.

Best of luck figuring out the work situation.  Definitely not worth the burden of season tickets at this time.  

Aside from Mountain Dew, I could care less about Pepsi products.  It's all decisions made to make more money.  Coke is outpacing Pepsi on all fronts, so they are offering great deals to the stadiums to switch products.  The Naval Academy did the same thing back in 2016.  So the Redskins cut costs on the licensing end, and probably still sold the same amount despite my opinion of it being an inferior product.  

I would highly recommend baseball season tickets over football if you have a choice, and the Nats do a better job than most of making affordable packages as well as doing great giveaways/promotions.  However, concession prices are about as much as Fed Ex, without the option to tailgate, so there is that to take into account.  I have Orioles season tickets for 29 games, and love getting to the park for BP when the gates open, and stay until the game is over.  If my uncle didn't leave me a sizable amount of money that my mother and I both agreed that he would want me to spend on tickets because of all the times we went, I would only have my Orioles tickets right now. 

I really do wonder what the renewal rate looks like this season.  I guess ways to find out are for the first batch of upgrades to see what is truly available (even though they can be dishonest on that and hold seats back) and also see how many parking passes are available, if that's an option.  

I can't blame anyone turning them back in after this off-season and recent history......I almost did, but aisle seats are almost irreplaceable.  Also, my sneaking suspicion is that Bruce Allen will be in power until he brokers a taxpayer funded stadium in Virginia, so I am going to enjoy the NFL experience while I can, because I have no desire to drive into Virginia for 1 pm football games on a Sunday if we move in that direction. 

• Like 2

Anyone going to the DDP tomorrow? Curious as to whether any changes have been made to seating at FedEx. Particularly, thought someone mentioned that they were no longer going to sell the OVs as season tickets. Does that by chance mean those seats are being removed?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2018 at 5:20 PM, hail2skins said:

Anyone going to the DDP tomorrow? Curious as to whether any changes have been made to seating at FedEx. Particularly, thought someone mentioned that they were no longer going to sell the OVs as season tickets. Does that by chance mean those seats are being removed?

When I was called last week by ticket office about renewing my season tix, I was told that 200 level obstructed view seats are gone.

23 minutes ago, eorndorff said:

Upgrade windows are open next week. I just got an email. Wednesday at 10:00. 

Curious how long have you had tickets?  My window is Thursday and the tickets have been in the family about 50 years. 

Just got my email about the seat relocation program this year.   The odd thing is this year I got 2:00 pm on Friday but last year it was 10am on a Friday.  So unless they are only doing 1 day vs 2 days this year, I moved way later for some reason. (had season tickets for 8 years).

4 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Weird.

Mine is 10 am on Thursday, and I've had 'em for 16 years. 

My window is 10 AM on Friday May 18.  I've had tickets for 18 years.   

In a shocking development, it appears the ticket office is acting unfairly and/or arbitrarily.   (I don't care though.  Very likely sticking with my upper level seats right on the 50-yard line.)  

Was reading an article in the Las Vegas paper about the Raiders new stadium is in keeping in general with recent trends on making new stadiums at least somewhat on the smaller side. The Raiders new place in Vegas, at 65K, will be the fourth smallest venue by capacity in the league when it opens.

But what struck me was a quote from the Raiders president talking about one of the NFL teams planning on building a stadium within the next 10 years that is taking its capacity down to 50K.  The Skins released renderings for their new stadium about two years ago, and at the time it was planned to have 60K seats. However, we really haven't heard much on the stadium front since then. Is it possible that the Skins are downsizing their project, even in an area with the population of the DMV? Or was he talking about another team? Or did he perhaps misspeak?

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2018/may/09/why-a-65000-seat-stadium-capacity-suits-the-raider/?utm_source=mostpopular&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=mostRead

16 hours ago, Coach Janky Spanky said:

My window is 10 AM on Friday May 18.  I've had tickets for 18 years.   

In a shocking development, it appears the ticket office is acting unfairly and/or arbitrarily.   (I don't care though.  Very likely sticking with my upper level seats right on the 50-yard line.)  

Hmm you mention you are in the upper deck and your time is Friday.  Wonder if they are having the folks in the lower bowl move first to try to fill those.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:17 PM, sundancer91 said:

My window is wednesday @ 2pm. 11 yr ticket holder

Which Wednesday?  I have had tickets since 1999 and my day is May 18 at 2 PM.  Probably going to stay put where I am in the upper deck as moving even one row closer, will make my tickets go up, but I will give it a look see just in case.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, LightningBuggs said:

I was told that 200 level obstructed view seats are gone.

...good riddance...those were nothing but a big money grab by Snyder and it put too many people on that side of the field.  The lines for the concessions and bathrooms on that part of the stadium were horrible.  I am surprised the PG county fire officials even allowed this at all.

• Like 1