Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas Fans (and anyone else): How Much Longer Do You Give Romo Before You Decide To Look Elsewhere?

I know right. Thats the first thing that popped into my head when I read it. Heck, I wouldn't take him over our 2nd string. Cousin's upside is soo much more than what Romo sits to pee already brings to the table.

Come on now, not knocking Cousins at all. But if Cousins put up Romo sits to pee's career numbers, that would be an amazing career.

Take the star off his helmet, and the hatred for Dallas.

65% career completion percentage, almost 26,000 yards passing, 177 TD'S, 91 Picks and a 95.6% career QB Rating? Which is 5th best all time?!?

I know he will never win a super bowl, nor dawn the NFL MVP. But if Cousins had anything close to Romo sits to pee's career, that would be one of the best draft steals of the 2012 draft.

I just just can't believe there weren't better options at QB than Tony Romo sits to pee in either the draft or free agency. Not that it really bothers me though :)

The Cowboys are afraid to try and move past Romo sits to pee...plus Jerruh loves--LOVES--the guy. They won't even entertain putting his eventual successor on the roster, it seems.

---------- Post added May-3rd-2013 at 07:38 AM ----------

Come on now, not knocking Cousins at all. But if Cousins put up Romo sits to pee's career numbers, that would be an amazing career.

65% career completion percentage, almost 26,000 yards passing, 177 TD'S, 91 Picks and a 95.6% career QB Rating? Which is 5th best all time?!?

I know he will never win a super bowl, nor dawn the NFL MVP. But if Cousins had anything close to Romo sits to pee's career, that would be one of the best draft steals of the 2012 draft.

But he was saying who he would take right now...Romo sits to pee's career stats doesn't negate the fact that he's reached his ceiling and, as you said, he'll probably never win a SB or league MVP or anything like that. You can't keep holding on to career stats as the main reason for picking Romo sits to pee over anyone else.

If I were GM of the Cowboys and had to choose between keeping Romo sits to pee another 3 years or going with a young QB who has shown impressive promise so far, at BEST it would be a coin toss...at worst Romo sits to pee would be wearing another uniform.

In all fairness, I did say upside. I'm beyond the star hate. What I truely hate is the acclaim he receives for numbers alone. Most of his stats come during garbage time or simply because they're down by double digits headed into the second half.

I think as along as Romo sits to pee starts for Dallas, Dallas won't realize how bad they really are. I don't think Dallas would even have been in position to choke if it weren't for Romo sits to pee, they'd be getting their asses whooped. Think this way, the 2011 Redskins with Romo sits to pee as QB probably win at least 8 games probably 9/10 . With a Rex level QB, Dallas would have gone about 3-13 last season.

I got into a debate about Romo sits to pee with a Cowboys fan the other night on Twitter. And basically, I asked him if he cared about getting to a championship or winning a Super Bowl.

And his response was "After Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Leaf, Henson, I don't want to go back to that."

I think that's why Cowboys fans love Romo sits to pee. And its hard to blame them. Jerry Jones was ****ing terrible at choosing a developing quarterbacks. He lucked into Tony Romo sits to pee and they've been riding that wave of luck ever since.

Tony Romo sits to pee is the best thing to happen to that team in a long time, even if he never wins anything.

In all fairness, I did say upside. I'm beyond the star hate. What I truely hate is the acclaim he receives for numbers alone. Most of his stats come during garbage time or simply because they're down by double digits headed into the second half.

This.

Also, he accumulates big numbers in games that don't matter. All of his best games are against poor teams or just poor defenses, and never a must-win game. I hope they never get rid of him. I hope he stays their quarterback until it's obvious he can no longer throw a football. Not until JJ realizes that Romo sits to pee isn't mentally strong enough to get him a championship, and has siked himself out so badly that he can no longer lead them into the postseason, will they ever be any more than a 8-8 team.

You put a better team around Romo sits to pee and he'll just choke more often. People who have an anxiety about achieving accomplishments are unreliable, and will never rise to the occasion.

I'll put it this way, Romo sits to pee is a better qb than any they've had in quite some time. In many cases it's better to stick with what you know than to gamble on the unknown. Chances of finding a qb appreciably better than Romo sits to pee are pretty slim. Who could they have gotten this year? Alex Smith? Even then that isn't truly an upgrade imo. And I wouldn't bet on any of the rookies this year either.

The Cowboys franchise is between a rock and a hard place with Romo sits to pee. One one hand he doesn't look to ever be a championship QB unless the defense and running game can carry the load ala 2000 Ravens.

On the other hand he performs well enough a lot of the time that it is hard to simply give up on him unless you feel you have a sure-thing as Plan B.

It's a horrible situation to be in and reminds me of the Pats/Cowboys with Bledsoe as their QB. He was another QB that when you looked at his stat line you'd think he was a top QB but the stats don't always tell the whole story of when the small things go wrong, or what game situation the 1 INT or awful incompletion happened to be that made a huge difference.

How many times have seen Romo sits to pee go for 300+ 3 TD passes but in the 4th quarter when he could ice the game, he airmails a sideline pass to a wide open WR that would have made a 1st down?

As bad as those moments can be, what is the current alternative for the Cowboys? If they go with their backup or an unproven draft pick, they probably aren't even in the picture by November to begin with.

If you are Jerry Jones do you stick with Romo sits to pee who can get you TO the big games but not win 'em? Or do you blow things up to go with a young potential franchise QB that may take the team completely out of the picture for a few seasons while the "core" players continue to age?

I think as along as Romo sits to pee starts for Dallas, Dallas won't realize how bad they really are. I don't think Dallas would even have been in position to choke if it weren't for Romo sits to pee, they'd be getting their asses whooped. Think this way, the 2011 Redskins with Romo sits to pee as QB probably win at least 8 games probably 9/10 . With a Rex level QB, Dallas would have gone about 3-13 last season.

I agree with this. That team is so dysfunctional in so many different ways, Romo sits to pee has certainly blown some games but his team has let him down on just as many occasions.

eyeah you can't really complain about his numbers, it's his closing ability in games that matter that is killing him. Weird really, and that has Jones in a pickle, he had to pay him or let him go. Well now your married to him TN.

---------- Post added May-8th-2013 at 04:18 PM ----------

Or 1-15 with all those picks, you are right though, he masks a lot of shortcomings. The RB's always seem overhyped and hurt, Witten is good but just how good? I think overhyped again. Last year the DB rebuild didn't really pan out, thanks Jerry. But resigning Romo sits to pee was a no brainer IMO. Don't see any other way they could have gone.

I've been saying it for a few years now. I predict it won't be for too much longer. As soon as Romo sits to pee got the extension and guaranteed money, the football gods will decree that it is time to put a cork in Romo sits to pee's career. I'm fully expecting Romo sits to pee to pull up lame within the next couple of seasons. It could very well happen this year.

I've been saying it for a few years now. I predict it won't be for too much longer. As soon as Romo sits to pee got the extension and guaranteed money, the football gods will decree that it is time to put a cork in Romo sits to pee's career. I'm fully expecting Romo sits to pee to pull up lame within the next couple of seasons. It could very well happen this year.

NOOOO! If Dallas moves to that full on suck? I mean our FO finally admitted full on suck in 2010 and won the division just 3 years later. :(

I am sorry but you can provide all those stats you want but if you look at his college career it mirrors his NFL career. He never took his team to any championships even if he put up stats. He doesn't will his team to win like other QB's who have won Super Bowls. They have changed the HC, DC, and players that have talent but they haven't changed the QB or the GM. So who do you think will be the one to go first when the Cowboys don't get to the playoffs or the Super Bowl?

NOOOO! If Dallas moves to that full on suck? I mean our FO finally admitted full on suck in 2010 and won the division just 3 years later. :(

But you forgot one significant difference my dear boy:

jones_jerry_300.jpg

Jerry will do just enough to keep hope alive for the fans even at the expense of championships. I don't think he would endure a few losing seasons for the long term benefit of the team because of all the $$$ that would be lost.

They have so much cap pushed into future years it's not funny. When Romo sits to pee retires they're really gonna be up a creek, because that team is rotten from the top down.. similar to our own skins of the last 2 decades

Horribly overpaid, no depth, aging stars, injury prone guys.. the whole shebang.

• 2 months later...

Got this idea from reading a thread on CZ...

How much longer would you stick with Romo sits to pee as your starting QB before making a move to go in a different direction at that position? Some Cowboys fan over there said he was giving Romo sits to pee 2 more years to prove he could lead the team to the SB...if you were the GM what would your plans for Romo sits to pee be right now? Keep him as starter until his arm falls off, regardless of postseason success (or lack thereof)?...Find his replacement now in the draft and give him 2/3/4 years to prove his worth? Start secretly shopping Romo sits to pee now and see if anyone offers something worth your while? What's Romo sits to pee's "window" in your eyes if it were up to you?

Well, if I were a GM of any team, I would have never gotten him to start with. However, let's say I inherited him when I took over the GM job. I would have dealt with him for that first year, but quite honestly, the year AFTER he fumbled the snap in Seattle would have been it for me. He makes too many boneheaded mistakes at the most inopportune times & does not possess the leadership qualities that I would be looking for in a QB to lead my team anywhere good.

Don't get me wrong, the boy has talent. He has the ability to extend plays as good as anyone in the League, he can throw a pretty pass, mostly accurately, & as long as he is playing with a lead, he generally doesn't make terrible mistakes. But he folds like a lawn chair under pressure &  when playing from behind, he's put in a situation where he has to make snap decisions, which is where he usually makes critical errors & as the GM of any team, I would feel that we simply can't afford to have a guy like that around.

Now, as a Redskins fan, my hope is that JJ continues down this road with him until his arm falls off. As much as some may think he's the 2nd coming, I absolutely love that he continues to be JJ's frontrunner & was thrilled when I heard that he was re-signed for another 6 years with the Cowboys. To me, that means that as long as Romo sits to pee is under center, we won't really have to contend with them too much.

And honestly, as long as JJ is going to play GM & continues to be the Al Davis of the NFCE, the Cowboys are going to continue to be the joke they are.

But you forgot one significant difference my dear boy:

jones_jerry_300.jpg

Jerry will do just enough to keep hope alive for the fans even at the expense of championships. I don't think he would endure a few losing seasons for the long term benefit of the team because of all the $$$ that would be lost.

They have so much cap pushed into future years it's not funny. When Romo sits to pee retires they're really gonna be up a creek, because that team is rotten from the top down.. similar to our own skins of the last 2 decades

Horribly overpaid, no depth, aging stars, injury prone guys.. the whole shebang.

Yeah, but the difference is, Snyder seemingly has learned from his mistakes, hired REAL football guys to do the football stuff & has meddled a whole lot less than he used to, showing us that what he really wants is Championships.

I agree that JJ doesn't appear to really want that. I saw a segment on NFLN yesterday where he told reporters this week that they are going to the Super Bowl. This year. And just because he said that, you know the Stepford Cowboy clan is going to be talking Super Bowl for the next 6 to 8 weeks. But what it does is keep the Cowboys fans on the hook. They'll keep buying his crap because for some reason, they still believe in him. I don't get it. But hey, that's one of the countless reasons I'm glad I'm a Redskins fan & not a Cowboys fan!

Tubby Romo sits to pee shows up to camp at 6'2" - 236 pounds (15 pounds over his usual playing weight), Bernardeux, Leary, Cook, and Livings (4 OL) aren't ready to start training camp. Oh, did I mention coach Jerruh is back? 

Thank God for fantasy football!!

Tubby Romo sits to pee shows up to camp at 6'2" - 236 pounds (15 pounds over his usual playing weight), Bernardeux, Leary, Cook, and Livings (4 OL) aren't ready to start training camp. Oh, did I mention coach Jerruh is back? 

Is DeMarco Murray on IR yet? lol...

(just kidding, football gods...just kidding)

Tyrone Crawford -DE/DT torn achilles out for the season. I'm betting Jerruh wishes he would have drafted Sharif Floyd now...

Tyrone Crawford -DE/DT torn achilles out for the season. I'm betting Jerruh wishes he would have drafted Sharif Floyd now...

Damn, that sucks... :(

Archived