Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas Fans (and anyone else): How Much Longer Do You Give Romo Before You Decide To Look Elsewhere?

You guys are concentrating way too much on Romo sits to pee's regular season stats. His post-season production is average and even his December stats are significantly lower than the rest of the regular season. So far he's never really shown that he can be at his best when it's do-or-die. Plus you have to consider whether or not Romo sits to pee can or will improve anymore or if he's hit his ceiling. 4,000 yards and 27 TDs in the regular season means little if you only throw 5 TDs in 4 playoff games and only average 6.2 yards per attempt doing so.

If you're a smart GM I would imagine you entertain the idea of putting an expiration date on Romo sits to pee's services if he doesn't improve his game from where it's been. It's just a matter of when that expiration date should be.

Only expiration date needed is that of the one that is long over due on Jerruh..as long as he

has say over personal, this problem will continue to be a problem. poor staff and piss poor

players with fans blaming players instead of pointing the starting pointing at the real start

of all the problems in Dallas

Only expiration date needed is that of the one that is long over due on Jerruh..as long as he

has say over personal, this problem will continue to be a problem. poor staff and piss poor

players with fans blaming players instead of pointing the starting pointing at the real start

of all the problems in Dallas

So you're blaming Romo sits to pee's lack of production in the postseason on Jones....Ok lol.

So you're blaming Romo sits to pee's lack of production in the postseason on Jones....Ok lol.

Yes I am and as funny as that may seem or sound..those who took off their rose colored glasses long a go, all know

that Jerruh is in charge of the personal in Dallas, he hires the coaches, tells them what they will be doing, he is the final

authority when it comes to the draft and free agency..he doesn't have to be out on the field in order for things to be screwed

up his decisions are what dams the team each year

You guys are concentrating way too much on Romo sits to pee's regular season stats. His post-season production is average and even his December stats are significantly lower than the rest of the regular season. So far he's never really shown that he can be at his best when it's do-or-die. Plus you have to consider whether or not Romo sits to pee can or will improve anymore or if he's hit his ceiling. 4,000 yards and 27 TDs in the regular season means little if you only throw 5 TDs in 4 playoff games and only average 6.2 yards per attempt doing so. Those are Jason Campbell-type numbers.

If you're a smart GM I would imagine you entertain the idea of putting an expiration date on Romo sits to pee's services if he doesn't improve his game from where it's been. It's just a matter of when that expiration date should be.

It would really, really be nice if folks actually watched him play, Califan. Most here rely on the ESPN clips, you know, where they show the long passes for 35-55 yards, but hardly ever the pitch into the end zone.

This is two years in a row where the pukes have had problems in the red zone.

The guy is not 'clutch.' It's amazing how one playoff win got him off the hook as a choker, when in reality 90% of the football teams in the NFL could have beaten the Eagles in that condition in the playoffs last year.

When the games count, like late in the year or at playoff time, the guy NEVER has a big game...

He's an average NFL qb who has 'glam' stats, mostly because the pukes don't have a running game.

BTW, I'd be stunned if the pukes don't draft a qb.

It would really, really be nice if folks actually watched him play, Califan. Most here rely on the ESPN clips, you know, where they show the long passes for 35-55 yards, but hardly ever the pitch into the end zone.

This is two years in a row where the pukes have had problems in the red zone.

The guy is not 'clutch.' It's amazing how one playoff win got him off the hook as a choker, when in reality 90% of the football teams in the NFL could have beaten the Eagles in that condition in the playoffs last year.

When the games count, like late in the year or at playoff time, the guy NEVER has a big game...

He's an average NFL qb who has 'glam' stats, mostly because the pukes don't have a running game.

BTW, I'd be stunned if the pukes don't draft a qb.

No I can not let you off the hook TR1, because it was you who was banging the drum they had to win a playoff game

in order to "talk" and now..that you can not use that line any more, Your simply trying to take away what they did to

excuse the fact that you made that ridiculous statement in the first place and so

the fact that they did manage to beat the Giggles twice and then a third time was no fluke of nature, of course if it

had been the other way, You'd not be trying to frantically defend your claim as you are doing right now

1 playoff win and no SB appearance in the whole time he's been the starter? Give him all the time he needs.

Still amazes me that your quarterbacks over the years have been no better than Romo sits to pee, just based off what you just said and still

you talk as though they done something extra special

Romo sits to pee will be 31 at the start of next season and will be coming off a major shoulder injury. I wouldn't be shocked if Dallas took Jerruh's razorback boy Ryan Mallett in the 1st round.

His injury was serious but not major thanks in part to the fact he did not require surgery to fix it

Ship his lame ass to Cabo now and let's move on with a real QB-

Signed John Kitna Esq.

Hail.

This post reminds me of a GREAT blog at tonyhomo.com back when Romo sits to pee first replaced Bledsoe. It was a spoof Bledsoe blog where he just hated on Romo sits to pee and talked about sabotaging him and whatever. Don't think anything on the internet ever made me laugh like that blog did. After Bledsoe left Dallas they shut it down though unfortunately.

Man, fans are way too quick to cut the head off.

Romo sits to pee's an excellent QB, and honestly, if you think a guy has only four years to win a Super Bowl, you're going to be disappointed your whole life. You'll keep changing them in and out and you won't get anywhere.

Makes me wonder what the board would look like with Marino at QB. The guy never won one. Best to try someone else, eh?

I'd take Romo sits to pee in a heartbeat.

~Bang

:rotflmao:

Two years ago, puke fans were ready to kick him out of town. What's changed? Well, for some reason, he's no longer responsible for his bad play. Those 'untimely' picks are always a result of his 'aggressive' style, piling up stats against hapless opponents or in, as some of you are so fond of, garbage time.

Romo sits to pee's problem, which looked like he fixed during last year, returned this year: He's unable to protect the football.

It's no coincidence that the pukes have a difficult time scoring in the red zone. Romo sits to pee needs his receivers to have a lot of space.

Bill Parcells had Romo sits to pee pegged early on. Why so many fans, especially from our fanbase STILL think he's a 'great' quarter back, I'll never know.

Maybe they should watch him play instead of watching ESPN.

you dont compile stats in garbage time winning 11 and 13 games in a season. hes a very good QB. i wouldnt put him up there with guys like peyton, brady, rodgers, rivers, or brees, but hes the next step below. hes hardly a major problem for that team.

again, he'll be there for another 4-6 years, maybe 3-5, but we'll be seeing him twice a year for the near future.

you dont compile stats in garbage time winning 11 and 13 games in a season. hes a very good QB. i wouldnt put him up there with guys like peyton, brady, rodgers, rivers, or brees, but hes the next step below. hes hardly a major problem for that team.

again, he'll be there for another 4-6 years, maybe 3-5, but we'll be seeing him twice a year for the near future.

Agreed. And as I stated earlier I think he's actually good enough that he has made the media and Jerrah think they were a lot more talented than they were. A QB that can make things happen when all hell breaks loose hides a lot of warts.

Still amazes me that your quarterbacks over the years have been no better than Romo sits to pee, just based off what you just said and still

you talk as though they done something extra special

Is there anything in the title of this thread that mentions Redskins QBs? Stay on topic. I was answering the question. It's my opinion. I never said he was a terrible QB. But as good as he's played, they still haven't won a thing. I want to keep that going...you know, the not winning anything thing.

....and as bad as all the Redskins QBs have been over the last 10+ years (save for Brad Johnson, they've been bad) the Cowpukes have not accomplished anything more than the Redskins have. They have a good franchise QB and can't win. What's their excuse? Our excuse is, we have a bad owner and have not had a franchise QB in 20 years. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

On sports talk radio today they were talking about Jerry not being able to help himself and trying to make a big splash this offseason since neither Rob Ryan or Jason Garrett qualify. They were saying that to that end that it wouldn't surpise them if Jerry drafted Cam. They brought up that the Cows drafted Quincy Carter higher than he should have gone and that it wouldn't matter if 9 was too high for Cam.

Man, fans are way too quick to cut the head off.

Romo sits to pee's an excellent QB, and honestly, if you think a guy has only four years to win a Super Bowl, you're going to be disappointed your whole life. You'll keep changing them in and out and you won't get anywhere.

Makes me wonder what the board would look like with Marino at QB. The guy never won one. Best to try someone else, eh?

I'd take Romo sits to pee in a heartbeat.

~Bang

I don't think it's only an issue of winning the SB, though...I don't think any Cowboys fans would be even having this thought if Romo sits to pee elevated his level of play in the playoffs (or hell, even in december)...but he doesn't. He turns into Jason Campbell in the post-season for all intents and purposes: he won't lose you the game but he doesn't do nearly enough to win it...but with a "good enough" team around him he can get you to the SB. The problem is that he hasn't shown any improvement in this area over the years.

I don't think it's only an issue of winning the SB, though...I don't think any Cowboys fans would be even having this thought if Romo sits to pee elevated his level of play in the playoffs (or hell, even in december)...but he doesn't. He turns into Jason Campbell in the post-season for all intents and purposes: he won't lose you the game but he doesn't do nearly enough to win it...but with a "good enough" team around him he can get you to the SB. The problem is that he hasn't shown any improvement in this area over the years.

hes played in what 4 playoff games. one of them he won, the other 3 he lost, one was the botched snap which wasnt about his QB play and that was his "rookie" season. he beat up the eagles pretty good in 09 and then lost to a much better minny team playing out of its mind, and the other was lost to the giants who would go on to win the superbowl with a defense playing out of this world. he hasnt been great in the playoffs, but hes hardly been dreadful and in need of change.

Is there anything in the title of this thread that mentions Redskins QBs? Stay on topic. I was answering the question. It's my opinion. I never said he was a terrible QB. But as good as he's played, they still haven't won a thing. I want to keep that going...you know, the not winning anything thing.

....and as bad as all the Redskins QBs have been over the last 10+ years (save for Brad Johnson, they've been bad) the Cowpukes have not accomplished anything more than the Redskins have. They have a good franchise QB and can't win. What's their excuse? Our excuse is, we have a bad owner and have not had a franchise QB in 20 years. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

You just reiterated what I have been saying all along..neither franchise has been able to

talk

hes played in what 4 playoff games. one of them he won, the other 3 he lost, one was the botched snap which wasnt about his QB play and that was his "rookie" season. he beat up the eagles pretty good in 09 and then lost to a much better minny team playing out of its mind, and the other was lost to the giants who would go on to win the superbowl with a defense playing out of this world. he hasnt been great in the playoffs, but hes hardly been dreadful and in need of change.

"He hasn't been great in the playoffs" says it all, though. He doesn't perform well enough in the post-season or in December to not warrant criticism or not entertain the idea of replacing him sooner rather than later. If you never saw anything of Romo sits to pee except how he played in the playoffs, I bet half the people on this thread would consider "upgrading" from him if given the chance...that's how average he's been when called upon to be better.

Peyton Manning was criticized for the first 6 years of his career for being little more than average in the playoffs as well...the difference, though, is that Manning absolutely turned it on in December, when individual games started holding more importance. Romo sits to pee, on the otherhand, throws the most INTs and the fewest TDs in December. He practically doubles his INTs in December when compared to September and October.

Anyone care to compare Romo sits to pee to Danny White?

It's becoming an insult to White to even bring up the comparison anymore.

The guy at CZ who "gave" Romo sits to pee 2 more years compared him to Danny White lol :ols:...said something like "He really is becoming the next Danny White."

What I love is that the Cowboys went from "Most talented team in the NFL/13 Pro Bowlers/Super Bowl favorites", to "This team isn't good enough for Romo sits to pee to get to the Super Bowl" in just over a year lol :D...Was the analysis of the talent level of the Cowboys THAT far off as for so many to do a 180 degree turnaround on them? Apparently. Is the analysis of the talent level of Romo sits to pee THAT far off as well? We'll see ;)...

The guy at CZ who "gave" Romo sits to pee 2 more years compared him to Danny White lol :ols:...said something like "He really is becoming the next Danny White."

What I love is that the Cowboys went from "Most talented team in the NFL/13 Pro Bowlers/Super Bowl favorites", to "They need to be even better for Romo sits to pee to get to the Super Bowl" in just over a year lol :D...Was the analysis of the talent level of the Cowboys THAT far off as for so many to do a 180 degree turnaround on them? Apparently. Is the analysis of the talent level of Romo sits to pee THAT far off as well? We'll see ;)...

As long as Buck, Aikman and Moose are in the booth, the puke talent hype will continue. ESPN continues to be dominated by puke lovers, as well.

Now that the pukes have hired another lackey as defensive coordinator, I'm sure Jerruh will continue to focus on skill positions and ignore the trenches...which only makes me smile.

on sports talk radio today they were talking about jerry not being able to help himself and trying to make a big splash this offseason since neither rob ryan or jason garrett qualify. They were saying that to that end that it wouldn't surpise them if jerry drafted cam. They brought up that the cows drafted quincy carter higher than he should have gone and that it wouldn't matter if 9 was too high for cam.

that...

Would...

Be...

Awesome!

"He hasn't been great in the playoffs" says it all, though. He doesn't perform well enough in the post-season or in December to not warrant criticism or not entertain the idea of replacing him sooner rather than later. If you never saw anything of Romo sits to pee except how he played in the playoffs, I bet half the people on this thread would consider "upgrading" from him if given the chance...that's how average he's been when called upon to be better.

Peyton Manning was criticized for the first 6 years of his career for being little more than average in the playoffs as well...the difference, though, is that Manning absolutely turned it on in December, when individual games started holding more importance. Romo sits to pee, on the otherhand, throws the most INTs and the fewest TDs in December. He practically doubles his INTs in December when compared to September and October.

no one can argue, tony Romo sits to pee is awful in december. like worse than bad.

but again, phillip rivers is usually pedestrian in september and october and no one wants him replaced in SD. has he done anything in the playoffs? hes 3-4 with some pretty mediocre showings after winning the division multiple times. why shouldnt he be replaced too?

---------- Post added January-20th-2011 at 09:17 PM ----------

As long as Buck, Aikman and Moose are in the booth, the puke talent hype will continue. ESPN continues to be dominated by puke lovers, as well.

cmon tho what do you expect? you think aikman and moose are gonna slam their ex team? the team that made them who they are? thats THEIR family. i had to listen to joe theismann praise campbell for years, why would he do that? surely it had nothing to do with his history here or the rings or the glory years he spearheaded.

buck is just a tool tho, he'll follow whatever is popular. but then again, have you met anyone that actually enjoys or cares what joe buck has to say?

Archived