Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas Fans (and anyone else): How Much Longer Do You Give Romo Before You Decide To Look Elsewhere?

Got this idea from reading a thread on CZ...

How much longer would you stick with Romo sits to pee as your starting QB before making a move to go in a different direction at that position? Some Cowboys fan over there said he was giving Romo sits to pee 2 more years to prove he could lead the team to the SB...if you were the GM what would your plans for Romo sits to pee be right now? Keep him as starter until his arm falls off, regardless of postseason success (or lack thereof)?...Find his replacement now in the draft and give him 2/3/4 years to prove his worth? Start secretly shopping Romo sits to pee now and see if anyone offers something worth your while? What's Romo sits to pee's "window" in your eyes if it were up to you?

I would give him 3-4 years, but it's time to at least consider drafting his replacement. I don't say that because of his play (it would be very difficult to find someone who can play at his level) but because of the fact that he's over 30. He's got at least 5 good years left in him, but it's probably about time to start browsing the quarterback prospects that will be up and coming.

such a boring topic........The team sucks. Once they get better...and get atop 10 Defense, then someone can call out Romo sits to pee for not winning it all.......but for now, why chase Romo sits to pee out. He is one of the best QB's in the NFL, and is still relatively young!

He has 5-6 good years in him and if the cowboys win it all in that span, well then he will be looked at as one of the best...if they don't, then he will always be known as a stat compiler and a choker.

He has earned the right to be the starting QB until he cant play anymore.

such a boring topic........The team sucks. Once they get better...and get atop 10 Defense, then someone can call out Romo sits to pee for not winning it all.......

Huh?...The Cowboys had a top 10 defense in 2007, 2008 and 2009 lol...and remember the "13 Pro Bowl players" on the 2007 squad? Remember the "most talented team in the NFL" label given to the 2008 squad before the season started?

From your own definition Romo sits to pee should be called out now...

Romo sits to pee is not a bad quarterback. He's not elite, but he's capable of leading a winning team. A good core of players around him and a coach that doesn't suck would go a long way.

It never hurts to pick up a QB here and there near the end of the draft or UDFA, but I don't think the Cowboys should be in a hurry to replace him.

I hate the Cowboys, and I'll have to wash my mouth out for saying this, but, Romo sits to pee is a really good QB and that's the last position on the field they should be worrying about.

First they need to draft a heart and a brain for their other guys, that was their biggest issue this season.

Cali does raise an interesting question.

I like Romo sits to pee, and his overall career record speaks for it's self. Dude's twice thrown for over 4k in yards, and 3 times for 26 or more TD's through the 4 real season's he's played. He has a great arm, and is real elusive at keeping plays alive with his feet and pocket presence when it collapses around him. But if I'm Jerruh, who lives in his own lil' World where the 'Girls are SB favorites every year, I'ma' be asking the serious question in the OP given Romo sits to pee's unerring ability to choke come December time and beyond.

Hail.

Huh?...The Cowboys had a top 10 defense in 2007, 2008 and 2009 lol...and remember the "13 Pro Bowl players" on the 2007 squad? Remember the "most talented team in the NFL" label given to the 2008 squad before the season started?

From your own definition Romo sits to pee should be called out now...

The best defense and best team the Dallas Cowboys had (with Romo sits to pee as the QB) fell short...and they were a Patrick Crayton drop away from beating the Giants who went on to win the SB beating the almost perfect Patriots....its not easy to win a SB ...obviously....nor is it always just the fault of one player (signal caller)

Just saying the same as everyone else, there are many more reasons the cowboys are SB-less...then just Tony Romo sits to pee.......and the man is a much better QB then most people here would admit to.

The best defense and best team the Dallas Cowboys had (with Romo sits to pee as the QB) fell short...and they were a Patrick Crayton drop away from beating the Giants who went on to win the SB beating the almost perfect Patriots.....

Allow me to re-write this lol :D...

"The best defense and best team the Cowboys had with Romo sits to pee as QB fell short...and they were a Romo sits to pee INT in the end zone away from beating the Giants..."

And let's face it: if you have to rely on "we almost beat the eventual SB champions" rhetoric to make your claim then Jason Campbell and the 2009 Redskins were a pretty damn good team as well because they "almost" beat the eventual SB champion Saints lol ;)...Hell, if either the Packers or the Bears win the SB this year then McNabb and the 2010 Redskins DID beat the eventual SB champions. Meaning: that line of logic holds little value.

Allow me to re-write this lol :D...

"The best defense and best team the Cowboys had with Romo sits to pee as QB fell short...and they were a Romo sits to pee INT in the end zone away from beating the Giants..."

And let's face it: if you have to rely on "we almost beat the eventual SB champions" rhetoric to make your claim then Jason Campbell and the 2009 Redskins were a pretty damn good team as well because they "almost" beat the eventual SB champion Saints lol ;)...Hell, if either the Packers or the Bears win the SB this year then McNabb and the 2010 Redskins DID beat the eventual SB champions. Meaning: that line of logic holds little value.

dont be a jerk.....that comparison was not the same. LOL ....and you know it

and the int was desperation throw...at he end of a ball game that would have (prolly) had a different outcome...had P.Crayton caught that ball...but whatever...what you really want is: "Romo sits to pee stinks, we all hate him and Dallas will never win with him at QB"...you happy smart alec!!!!!

Romo sits to pee is a legit franchise QB. the 3 years hes started (and finished) hes finished with a rating over 90, 25+ TD passes, 4000 yards twice, and 2 division titles.

yeah the cowboys have sucked in the playoffs, its not just all him tho. hes got another 4-6 years before the cowboys look elsewhere.

:rotflmao:

Two years ago, puke fans were ready to kick him out of town. What's changed? Well, for some reason, he's no longer responsible for his bad play. Those 'untimely' picks are always a result of his 'aggressive' style, piling up stats against hapless opponents or in, as some of you are so fond of, garbage time.

Romo sits to pee's problem, which looked like he fixed during last year, returned this year: He's unable to protect the football.

It's no coincidence that the pukes have a difficult time scoring in the red zone. Romo sits to pee needs his receivers to have a lot of space.

Bill Parcells had Romo sits to pee pegged early on. Why so many fans, especially from our fanbase STILL think he's a 'great' quarter back, I'll never know.

Maybe they should watch him play instead of watching ESPN.

---------- Post added January-18th-2011 at 09:32 PM ----------

Romo sits to pee is high risk in his performance' date=' we all agree on that, but he is also high reward. He does cost Dallas games, but his abilities also helps them win.[/quote']

Win what, exactly?

Playoff games? The Skins have more playoff wins than the franchise he's led for five years during the last 6 years.

He's over rated, and over hyped...as is most of his team.

I'm not saying Romo sits to pee doesn't choke, cause he does, HARD, but it wasn't his choking that killed the Cowboys this season. I'm just saying they need to do a lot more than worry about replacing him at this point. Give it a year or two and then the QB might be their biggest worry, but right now they need to replace their entire defensive backfield, and most of their offensive backfield, along with the OL.

Two years ago, puke fans were ready to kick him out of town. What's changed? Well, for some reason, he's no longer responsible for his bad play. Those 'untimely' picks are always a result of his 'aggressive' style, piling up stats against hapless opponents or in, as some of you are so fond of, garbage time.

Romo sits to pee's problem, which looked like he fixed during last year, returned this year: He's unable to protect the football.

It's no coincidence that the pukes have a difficult time scoring in the red zone. Romo sits to pee needs his receivers to have a lot of space.

Bill Parcells had Romo sits to pee pegged early on. Why so many fans, especially from our fanbase STILL think he's a 'great' quarter back, I'll never know.

---------- Post added January-18th-2011 at 09:32 PM ----------

Win what, exactly?

Playoff games? The Skins have more playoff wins than the franchise he's led for five years during the last 6 years.

Wrong, They've won the same number of playoff games, get your facts straight. Dallas has also advanced to the divisional round twice as often and won the division every year he's been healthy.

As for him being a great quarterback, he throws for a lot of yards, a lot of TDs, keeps his QB rating well over 90, his win rate high, and the past couple years not even turned the ball over very much.

Is he as good as Peyton, Brady, or Brees? No, but he is still a very good QB and only the ignorant and the hateful can't see it.

Romo sits to pee is a legit franchise QB. the 3 years hes started (and finished) hes finished with a rating over 90, 25+ TD passes, 4000 yards twice, and 2 division titles.

yeah the cowboys have sucked in the playoffs, its not just all him tho. hes got another 4-6 years before the cowboys look elsewhere.

All that a franchise QB really does is make sure you don't lose the games you shouldn't and win a game or two maybe you shouldn't. When you get into the playoffs, you're probably going to face a team that you'll have to find some other way to beat.

Of course, Danny White...I mean Tony Romo sits to pee...does seem to help Dallas not see a lot of its other issues.

Romo sits to pee is good enough to get a team to the SB if he has a good enough team around him. The problem is that he can't do it by himself and the media has brainwashed everyone into thinking the team is much more talented than it is. Jerrah has some of the same failings that Vinny had. He loves the skill positions and neglects the big uglies. If Rex Grossman can take a team to the SB then Tony Romo sits to pee can. The problem is that Dallas is seriously lacking at some very important positions and if Romo sits to pee isn't at his best they don't win and everybody blames him. The nice thing (for Skins fans) is that Romo sits to pee's chokes have been high profile enough that it masks their other issues.

Romo sits to pee is good enough to get a team to the SB if he has a good enough team around him. The problem is that he can't do it by himself and the media has brainwashed everyone into thinking the team is much more talented than it is. Jerrah has some of the same failings that Vinny had. He loves the skill positions and neglects the big uglies. If Rex Grossman can take a team to the SB then Tony Romo sits to pee can. The problem is that Dallas is seriously lacking at some very important positions and if Romo sits to pee isn't at his best they don't win and everybody blames him. The nice thing (for Skins fans) is that Romo sits to pee's chokes have been high profile enough that it masks their other issues.

This is a great post.....

And i hope Dallas leaves the entire off side of the ball alone (excpet to draft a lineman and pick up a lineman or TWO in FA) Doug Free was excellent for them. Kosier is still solid.......Dallas could literally not touch a single thing about that off (ousdie of the line) and it would improve them dramatically.

Defense is a different beast all together. They have way too many parts to replace, and its never recommended to do all in one year....i would sat 2 years...not this upcoming season, but the one after, will no doubt be "the year" for Dallas. if they aren't close then.......well then they will have serious problems!

It's funny when people who think they get it really don't. such as the case when we see some one blaming

the QB for failure..yet everything around him is built by the ego maniac, who believes he has the wisdom

and knowledge. to be the greatest general manager football has ever seen. remember the avalanche starts

at the top not at the bottom

Win what, exactly?

Now for my favorite part of the show..the we are better because of the playoff wins debate, so riddle me this??

of the playoff wins between both Dallas and Washington, how many S.B. wins have either franchise won since

1991and 1996???

You guys are concentrating way too much on Romo sits to pee's regular season stats. His post-season production is average and even his December stats are significantly lower than the rest of the regular season. So far he's never really shown that he can be at his best when it's do-or-die. Plus you have to consider whether or not Romo sits to pee can or will improve anymore or if he's hit his ceiling. 4,000 yards and 27 TDs in the regular season means little if you only throw 5 TDs in 4 playoff games and only average 6.2 yards per attempt doing so. Those are Jason Campbell-type numbers.

If you're a smart GM I would imagine you entertain the idea of putting an expiration date on Romo sits to pee's services if he doesn't improve his game from where it's been. It's just a matter of when that expiration date should be.

Archived