Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SportsByBrooks: LeBron Says Racism Factor in "Decision" Backlash

MattFancy

What a punk. I hope he NEVER wins a ring.
Seven years in and counting and the LeBron James Will Never Be A Champion Era is moving right along as expected.

And here's a LeBaby Blast From The Past

"It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them," James said Sunday, a day after the Cavaliers were flushed from a postseason they were supposed to rule. "I'm a winner. It's not about being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

When all else fails, play the race card.

Im sure white people dislike Kobe way more but you haven't seen him every pull this crap. Lebron haters have no race, i had more white friends defending him after the doucheison than black ones who mostly called him out for becoming Robbin and he isn't the king

Im sure white people dislike Kobe way more but you haven't seen him every pull this crap. Lebron haters have no race, i had more white friends defending him after the doucheison than black ones who mostly called him out for becoming Robbin and he isn't the king

No no. I'm white and Kobe's by far my favorite living athlete. Kobe would never do anything like this because he is actually all about winning. LeBron's in it for the glitz and glammer. He doesn't give two ****s about winning. Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>> LeBron, whether you like Kobe the player or not.

No no. I'm white and Kobe's by far my favorite living athlete. Kobe would never do anything like this because he is actually all about winning. LeBron's in it for the glitz and glammer. He doesn't give two ****s about winning. Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>> LeBron, whether you like Kobe the player or not.

I feel the same way. Kobe is my favorite NBA player with Kevin Durant a close 2nd. But you're right, Kobe wants to win. He chased Shaq out of town so he could prove to people he could win without Shaq. LeBron needed more help in Cleveland I'll give him that, but to go and play with DWade and Bosh, that's telling people you are nothing more than a sidekick.

i was referring more to the backlash after the Colorado trail and how he was looked at as a villain but never once pulled the race card, while douche lebron pulls out the race card when more people come to terms that he is a douche

You know, it's true... I wasn't mad when that one white guy who went pro right out of high school called his own special to announce where he was going in free agency. You know, that white guy that got all the hype from EVERYONE?

BTW I hate Brett Favre as much as I hate Lebron... There we go, it's not a race thing to me, it's a "Look at me I'm an attention whore" thing to me...

Lebron probably just needs to keep his mouth shut and play basketball. I apparently was one of the few who supported is leaving Cleveland because I remember watching Barry Sanders waste his entire career for a team that would never win a championship, nor do what was truly needed in order to compete for a championship. I still feel sad for Barry, his sense of loyalty was sadly not reciprocated, why would other athletes want to repeat his mistake?

Lebron probably just needs to keep his mouth shut and play basketball. I apparently was one of the few who supported is leaving Cleveland because I remember watching Barry Sanders waste his entire career for a team that would never win a championship, nor do what was truly needed in order to compete for a championship. I still feel sad for Barry, his sense of loyalty was sadly not reciprocated, why would other athletes want to repeat his mistake?

Cleveland pretty much did whatever LeBron wanted and did turn them into the best regular season basketball team.

They were contenders - it's not exactly the same because I don't think of the Barry Sanders-era Lions teams were legit contenders.

However, it was his right to leave - but the way he did it and the team he went to are definitely worthy of criticism.

Cleveland pretty much did whatever LeBron wanted and did turn them into the best regular season basketball team.

They were contenders - it's not exactly the same because I don't think of the Barry Sanders-era Lions teams were legit contenders.

They were contenders, but they were not legit contenders due to the fact that Cleveland was trying to win the championship on Lebron's back instead of bringing in 2 more elite players which are needed to win a championship in the NBA.

However, it was his right to leave - but the way he did it and the team he went to are definitely worthy of criticism.

True, it was very much showboaty

Lebron really is a ****ing idiot. How he cannot get this is beyond me.

He's getting grief NOT because he left the Cavs, but because he jumped to form a super team for an easy ride to a title.

Did the decision hurt? Probably, but at the end of the day everybody watched it. I didn't have a problem with it (mainly because I was holding out hope that he'd actually come to the ****ty Knicks). Pro athletes have egos. That shouldn't be a shock to anybody.

The main issue with Lebron is that people wanted him to be the next Jordan. Be it the NBA, ESPN, the fans, you name it. Bolting to the Heat proved that he's not that guy. He would rather cruise than put in the work. THATS why fans are going to crush him & boo him. Not because he's black, not because he left Cleveland. Because we were hoping for him to carve out a legacy that would be transcendent and instead he's just another guy that'll win a couple of titles.

Jordan got booed because he ripped your teams heart out every time. But deep down, the fans respected him. Today, the only player you can really say that about it Kobe. Durant will get there soon, but it's only Kobe right now. Lebron isn't getting booed out of respect. It's pretty much pure hatred at this point. Which he brought upon himself, and he's managing to make worse on a daily basis.......

Lebron really is a ****ing idiot. How he cannot get this is beyond me.

He's getting grief NOT because he left the Cavs, but because he jumped to form a super team for an easy ride to a title. .......

I don't think it's even about jumping ships. People loved Deion. There were a tremendous number of Deion Sanders jerseys sold all over the country. And Deion was the ultimate mercenary. He'd pick a team that he thought was about to be a contender, rip them off for a tremendous amount of loot, and join up. The problem people had with Lebron was in his somehow thinking that he was the most important person in the world and everything revolved around him. I think many athletes think this, but very few have stated it as plainly as he did. If he just chooses to go to a new team that's okay, but it's in the way he milked it and then decided to make a made for tv special about his decision. The arrogance was apalling... and the cherry on top was that he was cruel to his hometown, jerked them around like that and played them for suckers about something that had apparently been in the works for years and so in reality there never was "THE DECISION" b/c his mind was already made up.

you really don't think race is a factor? This is quite a bit different than saying something is due to racism or calling someone a racist.

I don't think race was a factor. I think it's ridiculous suggestion. Soledad Obrien was the one who put it out there and asked the question. That was dumb to begin with, so there's a lot of the blame right there. Lebron should have said "no, of course not" and moved on. But his answer was actually a little bit noncommittal, like smiling and nodding. "I think so at times. It’s always, you know, a race factor." Then his friend ramps it up a notch, "It definitely played a role in some of the stuff coming out of the media, things that were written for sure."

So the reporter and his friend were really the ones pushing this, although Lebron should have come out and said it was nonsense. If I was a victim of actual racial prejudice, I would be telling these fools to shut their mouths quick. When somebody is actually a victim of this behavior, it cheapens the public reaction and support. Their first reaction of the public starts to be rolling the eyes and thinking about Lebron James being a tool and claiming race was a factor.

They were contenders, but they were not legit contenders due to the fact that Cleveland was trying to win the championship on Lebron's back instead of bringing in 2 more elite players which are needed to win a championship in the NBA.

True, it was very much showboaty

Uh, no. The Cavs lead the league in wins in each of the last two seasons. They were the #1 seed. They were legit contenders. Lebron isn't a champion though. And they didn't get him any help? Are you kidding me? They did everything they could for him. Mo Williams, Shaq, Jamison. They wanted to make a move for Stoudemire but Lebron nixed that and had them get Jamison (who is now stuck on ****ty Cleveland team.)

Lebron isn't a winner. Period. He doesn't have that killer instinct. He's not Jordan. He's not Kobe. They have it. He doesn't. He doesn't put the work in like they do. Really, in what areas has Lebron's game improved over the last few seasons? None. He gets by on natural ability and then ****es and blames everyone else when that's not enough. So instead of working hard, putting a team on his back, leading his team to the promised land, he jumps on another man's team and expects him to take him there.

BTW, Kevin Durant is the Chosen One. The future King. The real King. He's going to be the best player since Jordan. He is the anti-Lebron. And he just reuped, quietly, with Oklahoma ****ing City. Probably the worst market in maybe all of professional sports. Because he has class. Because he is loyal. Because that's HIS team.

And finally, anyone who is worried about race or who lets race impact their thinking isn't watching the NBA. Period. They aren't an NBA fan. So basketball fans hating Lebron has absolutely nothing to do with race.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5633199

HURLBURT FIELD, Fla. -- LeBron James and his manager say they believe race played a factor in how the two-time reigning NBA MVP's decision to join the Miami Heat was covered this summer.

Neither James nor his manager, Maverick Carter, cited specifics when talking to CNN for a story that aired Wednesday night.

James did not want to spend much time on the subject after Thursday's Heat practice.

"I think people are looking too far into it," James said. "But at the same time, sometimes it does play a part in it. I've said what I had to say, and I'll continue to move on."

I am shocked (and at the same time not shocked at all) that this was even brought up.

I heard someone say today "douche comes in every color"

It is a shame that Lebron is letting this guy continue to serve as his business manager. "The Decision" was a big enough mistake, but now to evoke the race card.........

There was a thread on this already. While I hate Lebron more than anything in the world AND don't think race played a part in it. I think he was just answering a loaded question. It was a stupid question to ask, but answered even worse.

I can't hate him more than I do already, so oh well. Hahahah.

this whole situation reminds me of South Park making fun of Kanye West.

Kanye West cant understand why everyone is laughing when they ask him if he likes fishdticks and he says yes and they call him a gay fish. I can just see Lebron now with his group of people trying to diagram why everyone hates him...he just doesnt get it because his ego is so ginormous.

6a00d834fd7f7353ef0115700eca45970b-400wi

Archived