Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

31 total team assists and Seraphin nabs another double double. Crawford looks like he got his, that's doesn't look like catching somebody off-guard. Also outrebounded another team, so did we look like we snapped out of it and did what we could; sorta like the redskins defense after the bye week???

That's a solid win. I think Beal is looking better getting to the basket, gotta stay out of foul trouble. He'll come along as the year goes by.

For the life of me I don't understand why Jan isn't in the D-league yet. Let him play and see if he gets some confidence.

He's right, but when he's been here less than a year, and the team is just now getting their 2nd win, he shouldn't voice his frustrations.

I agree. It's not really insulting, I don't have that kind of pride. But it's unseemly.

He's a smart articulate player. He's played well and I want him to stay. I forgive him. Losing brings out ugliness in all of us.

For those who could watch - how did Beal look?
Hit a few shots, got into foul trouble. Sat for a while, came back in and missed some bunnies before hitting a few contested layups. Had a great assist to Singleton on the break.

Still struggling with his handles and quickness, can't beat anyone if they're playing tough D on him.

Work in progress, but seeing a bit of improvement with his ability to get to the basket.

At the very least, I hope this gives the team some swag...we can beat a lot of teams in the league..we've just collapsed in hard moments. We have winnable games coming. This means nothing unless they act upon it.

I mean, we've been in a lot of games this year - taking a lot of the to the end of the 4th or overtime. The question is how often can we finish those games out and make the critical plays like free throws.

I thought there was an interesting article comparing Beal's rookie year to Wade's. Wade started 0-7 and went on to be the 4th seed in the East.

Yup. Agree with that too. I like him and is one of the few bright spots this year. But I think it is weird to question fan loyalty after what this franchise has been through. That is all.

Yeah Webster, STFU and play ball. You've seen this train wreck for 1 year. I've witnessed it for 35. How about you jackholes actually win something for once and then we'll talk. Until then Wheezers, you have ZERO room to talk **** about the fans.

---------- Post added December-5th-2012 at 08:05 AM ----------

Orakpo is more interested in his phone then the game.

I hate people that are constantly on their cellphones in the grocery store, doctor's office, etc. but a Wheezers game is the only place I'd recommend it.

Yeah, Pelicans is ****ing dreadful. Especially with a city so rich in culture and history as New Orleans. Pelicans? Really?

I heard Spirit and Brass. This is unusual, but Louisiana is known as the Pelican State. I found their logo:

l793275199.jpg

Edited by pjfootballer

Geez, RGIII shows up at a Wizards game and Washington beats two national champs in two days. Is there anything this rookie can't accomplish?

I just want to ask, who said that if they became GM, their #1 priority would be getting RGIII along with other Skins and Nats stars to game?

Seriously....who said that? Because that dude is a genius.....

Holy **** we beat the Heat. Seraphin looked much better last night, he needs to keep it up this time. Nene is obviously not 100% but having him out there still helps the team so much. He really is a great passer from the post.

I like that Okafor's minutes have been decreasing recently, the lineup with both Nene and Seraphin on the floor is one of my favorites.

Singleton played well yesterday, he needs to work on his free throw shooting, he's gotten to the line fairly often this season and has missed some big ones. His jumper does look much improved from last season.

I think Price was a very solid pickup this off-season, he'll be a very good back up PG once we get Wall back.

Jan again doesn't even see the floor, looks like Whitman is losing patience with him. Which is fine with me.

Former Maryland Head Coach Gary Williams want's the Wizards job. Quick fire everyone!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/12/07/gary-williams-told-john-feinstein-hed-take-the-wizards-job/

Vasquez can come and lead us FOREVER. Wall for Paul George

Vasquez/Steve Blake

Beal/Juan Dixon

George/Dez Wells

Nene/Jordan Williams/Lonny Baxter

Seraphin/Chris Wilcox/Len

Former Maryland Head Coach Gary Williams want's the Wizards job. Quick fire everyone!!

whoa.png

The motion offense didnt work in college after a while and all that sweating is not going to make millionaires happy to sit beside you.

Stay in the studio and STFU.

I knew Feinstein was pushed to write that article because Gary's legit interested. These sports writers are clowns.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/12/07/gary-williams-told-john-feinstein-hed-take-the-wizards-job/

Vasquez can come and lead us FOREVER. Wall for Paul George

Vasquez/Steve Blake

Beal/Juan Dixon

George/Dez Wells

Nene/Jordan Williams/Lonny Baxter

Seraphin/Chris Wilcox/Len

I don't know Feinstein's work but he sounds like a loon. His column about Gary Williams is ****ing stupid. Does he normally cover the Wizards?

I don't really like reading about the Wizards in the WaPo or hearing about them on the radio. The discussions will just be so spectacularly uninformed. The day after the game I got to hear about ten minutes worth of speculation of RGIII must be a LeBron fan because he wasn't smiling during the game and then I get to see an article about him hugging LeBron on the WaPo's website. The dumb **** they talk about...