Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Where are you seeing February?

Uh, yeah. This. The only time discussed in that entire article was that the original prognosis wasn't 8 weeks flat but 8-12 weeks. And 12 weeks would be two weeks from now.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 09:44 PM ----------

I don't know Feinstein's work but he sounds like a loon. His column about Gary Williams is ****ing stupid. Does he normally cover the Wizards?

I don't really like reading about the Wizards in the WaPo or hearing about them on the radio. The discussions will just be so spectacularly uninformed. The day after the game I got to hear about ten minutes worth of speculation of RGIII must be a LeBron fan because he wasn't smiling during the game and then I get to see an article about him hugging LeBron on the WaPo's website. The dumb **** they talk about...

Remember when Feinstein wrote an article calling Shanahan a racist for benching McNabb? Yeah how's that theory working out? That was the article where anything Feinstein has to say ceased being relevant.

As far as the WaPo sports dept goes, they decided a year or two ago to join forces, full on, with 106.7. Credibility and professionalism = destroyed.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

calling Shanghai

Auto correct hates Shanahan.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 08:53 PM ----------

So far we've learned nothing new from this game. It's gone exactly the same way as almost every other game this year.

They aren't hustling tonight and they are helping way too much on defense. Which normally seems impossible but that what it feels like. They aren't chasing off shooters and they are doubling and tripling the wrong guys at the wrong times.

Edited by Destino

:ols:

JaVale reminds me of playing rec league ball with my goofy ass best friend growing up. He was super tall and ridiculous. Completely uncoordinated. He was the lone kid wearing roller blade knee pads out on the court.

Update your sig. 2 wins.

I just realized that. Things are blurring together.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 09:12 PM ----------

Would like to see more of the Bradley Beal that showed up in this 3rd quarter.

Yeah him doing well is about the only thing that can pique my interest during a game like this. I do enjoy watching Seraphin work though.

I feel like there is some chemistry building between Beal and Nene. Wishful thinking perhaps.

:ols:

JaVale reminds me of playing rec league ball with my goofy ass best friend growing up. He was super tall and ridiculous. Completely uncoordinated. He was the lone kid wearing roller blade knee pads out on the court.

Jeff Van Gundy said it best. He said something like "I can watch Javale McGee all night. Good or bad he's absolutely mesmerizing."

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 09:16 PM ----------

Would like to see more of the Bradley Beal that showed up in this 3rd quarter.

It only happens when he gets aggressive. He needs a coach to slap him before he comes into the game.

Remember when Feinstein wrote an article calling Shanahan a racist for benching McNabb? Yeah how's that theory working out? That was the article where anything Feinstein has to say ceased being relevant.

As far as the WaPo sports dept goes, they decided a year or two ago to join forces, full on, with 106.7. Credibility and professionalism = destroyed.

I honestly can't remember reading or being aware of Feinstein before this. From what you say and what I just read, I don't believe I missed much.

I don't get 106.7 down here in Hampton Roads. I don't think I do anyway. I'm fine with that. We get 102.1 which is pretty second rate but I listen to it anyway. They broadcast Czaban in the mornings and I find myself enjoying the show most of the time in spite of myself. Zabe's a good host but none of them on there know jack **** about the Wizards. They don't pay attention to them at all. They barely even mention them and when they do it's usually only in the most general way. The Hampton Roads guys who broadcast in the afternoon almost never bring the Wizards up and when they do, they are not even the slightest bit informed. Like they might watch a game's worth of Wizards basketball a season. The Wizards just have barely any profile outside of the immediate DC area. Down here the Skins and Nats are the only teams people seem to care about. I hear far more about the Cleveland Browns and Georgia Bulldogs on my local sports radio than the Wiz.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 09:27 PM ----------

Seraphin is getting really good.