Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

he has a stress fracture. There isnt much he can do except not strain himself physically.

It would be different if he had a muscle, joint, or ligament injury where he had to do actual rehab to build up that area of his body.

You cant do much about a bone except wait for it to heal.

So in your opinion a bone will heal as quickly by walking/dancing on it, not sleeping right, and dumping massive amounts of alcohol into your body? Most injuries I've had doctors advise to stay off of it as much as possible, at the very least. I personally don't think your body does anything, even regenerating bone, as well when you're exhausting and polluting it. It certainly won't help his conditioning when his bone does heal, lengthening the time it takes to get back to full speed. You can nit pick all day but the bottom line is this. A fully healthy athlete is not aided by partying during the season. An injured one sure as hell isn't and we're not even talking about the added risk of just being drunk which can lead to injury or trouble all by itself.

This is not to say Wall is doing these things. One picture doesn't mean **** and it could have been a special or rare occasion. I prefer to think he's smarter than spending his injury time getting smashed regularly. I hope he's spent some time chasing down whoever taught Westbrook his pull up J.

So in your opinion a bone will heal as quickly by walking/dancing on it, not sleeping right, and dumping massive amounts of alcohol into your body?

I didnt say that. I said there isnt much he can do to speed up the process except for not putting too much stress on his knee.

I mean following the team around and flying could potentially do more damage too, or it could do nothing.

A bone is a bone. You have to wait for it to get healed. Its not nitpicking, its more of a "there isnt much he can do."

Beal should come off screens and shoot mid range jumpers more often.

That's a big part of what he does every night, hejust struggles to hit them some nights. I think he needs to stop playing like he's a 9 year old girl and stop shying away from contact. He was aggressive last night, today he's back to finesse ball.

Edited by Destino

Beal should come off screens and shoot mid range jumpers more often.

He does it a little bit but i think he needs to do it more often this early in his career. He is shooting more threes than jumpers right inside the 3 point line and the 3s are usually just a bit short. His midrange game inside the three point has been more consistent and if he does it more often, his confidence will probably increase

Curry with glass ankles

---------- Post added December-8th-2012 at 08:59 PM ----------

That's a big part of what he does every night, hejust struggles to hit them some nights. I think he needs to stop playing like he's a 9 year old girl and stop shying away from contact. He was aggressive last night, today he's back to finesse ball.

Meant for this post

I'm convinced these shots will eventually start falling for Beal. He's contributing mightily in other ways, particularly defensively, so until then I won't be too annoyed.

Beal will be fine but in the nba it takes three years. 2014-15 is when we'll need to see him put it all together or start to. I'd like to see some scoring explosions this season though.

---------- Post added December-8th-2012 at 09:31 PM ----------

That last miss from Beal is what I mean when I say he's too shy of contact and lacking aggression. He needs to go up strong there, he shares a position with Wade and Kobe and they'll go at it angry. Instead he just cringed and released it too soft like he was expecting to get hammered.

Edited by Destino

http://www.atthehive.com/2012/12/10/3749326/revisiting-the-ariza-okafor-trade

Summary

A 43 million dollar mistake. That's how Mike Prada and countless of Wizard fans have characterized this trade, merely after just the first week of the regular season. Three weeks in, they started pondering any and every alternative Ernie Grunfeld could have made instead. Yes, the duo we shipped off to the nation's capital has been that bad. They comprise roughly 1/3 of the Wizard's payroll but have played in under 19% of the available minutes. That's unacceptable that on a bad team, they have simply been worse than most of their counterparts. We really do owe their fans some type of condolence letter.

Hornet's blog looking back on the trade, much more in the link.

Edited by StillUnknown

10 weeks now and the Washington Post says Wall not even close to coming back. . .

Price, who will miss four to six weeks, had started 15 games in place of John Wall, who has missed 10 weeks with a stress injury in his left patella. There’s no indication Wall is anywhere near close to coming back, either, considering the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 draft has not been able to take jump shots.

http://washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/washington-wizards-again-shuffle-lineup-after-yet-another-injury/2012/12/10/7e4a0d28-4286-11e2-8061-253bccfc7532_story.html

10 weeks now and the Washington Post says Wall not even close to coming back. . .

The Wall injury is a much bigger story than how bad this team currently sucks. We've seen how one knee injury set back this franchise a few years ago and now our young rising superstar can't even jump after three months off. At this point, there is no reason for him to play this season and they might as well just acknowledge that. Better he come back 100% than too soon.