Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'll keep watching...I am die hard and all but I have never been so apathetic to one of my teams in my life

I honestly don't care...we can get the no.1 overall pick next year and he'll probably have no impact...

I can't stomach any more years of depending on rookies and young players. I want draft picks to come off the bench unless they prove to be far better than anyone expected. Wall is entering his third year, where all point guards really show improvement, and if he shows that he's a legit star this team needs to build around him and not keep pushing the three year snooze button known as the draft.

Why is Vesely not in the D league? If he's just going rack up DNP's night after night, why not give him some burn somewhere?

My guess would be public relations. 6th overall picks aren't supposed to go to the D-League, if he goes, it will be hard to sell him as anything other than a bust. If he's on the main roster, Ernie & Ted think they can keep the illusion going longer.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/washington-wizards-said-to-have-turned-down-trade-for-james-harden/2012/12/11/d2e4dbb4-43c2-11e2-8e70-e1993528222d_story.html

The Washington Wizards turned down a trade with the Oklahoma City Thunder for James Harden this summer because team owner Ted Leonsis was unwilling to commit to what would have been a roughly $80 million, five-year contract for the high-scoring player, according to multiple people with knowledge of the proposed deal.

The Wizards would have sent rookie guard Bradley Beal and second-year forward Chris Singleton to the Thunder in return for Harden, winner of the NBA’s sixth-man award with Oklahoma City last season, according to these individuals, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk about the proposal.

more in the link

:twitch:

If it was because he didn't really like Harden, I'm OK with that. Harden has been a disappointment so far.

Are you trolling?

---------- Post added December-11th-2012 at 08:28 PM ----------

This franchise, I love'em, but ****'em until Grunfeld is gone.

If that rumor is true Grunfeld isn't the biggest problem. He's not the one that turned down a star for ****ing Bradley Beal and Chris Singleton. Even typing that made me want to throw things.

That was a nice move Beal put on Davis. I want to see Beal attack like that constantly and take at least 15 or 16 shots a game. It's a lot to ask a rookie, but he needs to put more of the offense on his shoulders. Look at the rest of our team. Beal needs to step up and be a running mate for Crawford while Wall is out.

---------- Post added December-11th-2012 at 08:31 PM ----------

Are you trolling?

Absolutely not. Harden is crushing his career highs for shots and minutes and he's gotten worse.

Absolutely not. Harden is crushing his career highs for shots and minutes and he's gotten worse.

What? Fg% is down .062 but his scoring is up by 8 points. I'm sorry but you're just wrong, 24 points per game at .429 is worth the contract. What makes your statement even worse is that the wizards desperately needed that level of scoring and have absolutely NO OTHER WAY OF GETTING IT.

Edited by Destino

Has there been an article written that really got into the details of Walls "early stage non-traumatic stress injury"? It seems like injuries in the NBA are often nebulous and can suddenly go from minor to major without incident or apparent cause.

I was thinking the same thing. I would love an in-depth look at the injury.

So many questions about this injury and no one has clearly laid out the facts.

Edited by Duckus

His worse is better than this **** Ted/Ernie have put out or will be able to put out in the future.

He's better than anyone we've got right now. But it's clear to me he's not a good #1 and paying and playing him like he is will be a mistake for Houston.

We're horrible, but a move like settling for Harden doesn't really get us anywhere. Better to take a lotto ticket on young talent like Beal and Singleton and retain flexibility than cap ourselves off at mediocre like Houston did. We can trade Beal at any point if something better comes along.

Hornets have the 30th ranked defense, we have 15 total points, 3 minutes into the 2nd quarter

---------- Post added December-11th-2012 at 08:47 PM ----------

He's better than anyone we've got right now. But it's clear to me he's not a good #1 and paying and playing him like he is will be a mistake for Houston.

We're horrible, but a move like settling for Harden doesn't really get us anywhere. Better to take a lotto ticket on young talent like Beal and Singleton and retain flexibility than cap ourselves off at mediocre like Houston did. We can trade Beal at any point if something better comes along.

Beal's value may have been highest pre-draft. I hope not, but it's a probability that cannot be ignored.