Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I kinda echo some of everyone's sentiments about how hard it is to stay loyal to this team. They REALLY test your patience as a fan. It shouldn't be that way. I think I might feel differently if promises (amongst other things) weren't made by the front office about the direction of the franchise. It's nothing but gum flapping. Something bold has to be done in the very near future to show this city that they are serious about building a competitive team with a high ceiling. I still stand my my POV that the Harden trade WOULD have been that type of a bold move, but hindsight is 20/20.

Wizards will always be my #1 basketball team, but are no longer a priority for my TV viewing or going to the games. I watched more of the Nets/Knicks game last night than I did of the home team. I wanted to see good basketball, so sue me. LOL.

This is not a dumb fanbase by any means. Just look at this thread. A lot of knowledgeable dudes in here who are passionate about the team and want them to succeed. However, you've turned some of the most optimistic fans (like me, at one point) into a cynic. It shouldn't be that way. Until there are MAJOR changes, I will no longer look at any move this organization makes with a glass-half full type of viewpoint. I'm done in that regard.

This sums it up very well I think. The Wiz are my team. Will always be my team. I'm a Washingtonian, DMV native through and through. Never, EVER would I even think about rooting for another team from another city. Never. But if I only have so many hours in a week, should I be spending it on the Nats or the Wizards? On the Skins or the Wizards? Come on. Being a Wizards fan is just such a deflating feeling. I was going to say it's ALMOST depressing, but **** that. It IS depressing. Like what did we do to deserve this? This is a great town with a TON of basketball heritage behind it. So why us? Like really, why can't we have a good team? I don't get it.

I was a fool to support Ernie. A complete fool. He's done nothing. He lucked into a Gilbert coin flip and Mitch Kupchak being a moron. That's it. But I'm a fan, fan's don't often think with their heads. What's Ted's excuse though? He's either grossly incompetent as an owner or he just doesn't give a ****. Either way, why in the **** should I be giving him any of my limited time or any of my money? You don't deserve my hard-earned $$$'s just for existing. **** you. **** you Ted. I know for a fact you read these message boards too. So yes, **** you.

17 points in the first quarter for Harden

**** You Ted Leonsis

Score after 1:

James Harden: 17

Wizards: 17

Goddamn...I forgot Harden is only 23.

Sorry SteveM. Your'e off on this one.

Meh, it's alright. He's played well tonight. Doesn't change the fact that he's not a franchise player and we'd be going nowhere with him.

can't you just admit you were a little wrong about him?

He is nearly averaging 25- 5.5- 4.5? So what is a franchise player

Wall and Harden would have been deadly. I don't even comprehend how you can see what is going on in front of you, even this very game, and say the Wiz were better off not making that trade for Harden.

For my buddy, SM...here's some food for thought.

Player A (23 years old):

47% FG

28% 3pt

76% FT

24.1 PPG

5.2 RPG

6.8 APG

4.2 TO

Player B (23 years old):

42% FG

34% 3pt

84% FT

24.7 PPG

4.4 RPG

5.6 APG

4.1 TO

Player A - one of the best SGs of all-time and a sure-bet HOFer...yup, D.Wade.

Player B - a "not that good" James Harden

*Giving you a hard time about the "not that good" line, but I think you get the point. VERY similar #'s and Harden will only get better. Wizards ****ed up.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8742010/john-wall-washington-wizards-knee-re-examined-friday-according-sources

John Wall will have his left knee re-examined by Dr. David Altchek on Friday in New York, according to league sources.

Wall

The Washington Wizards are hoping the visit will provide a more specific timetable as to when Wall will return to action. Wall has missed the entire season with a stress injury to his left patella.

After Altchek first diagnosed the injury Sept. 27, the Wizards announced Wall would be sidelined for about eight weeks. When that deadline passed, Wall said there was no timetable for his return, although he said he expects to play this season.

The Wizards said the original prognosis was eight to 12 weeks. The 12-week mark is Monday.

Wall, who has not yet been cleared to practice, and the Wizards hope to receive more clarity after Friday's visit.

---------- Post added December-12th-2012 at 10:11 PM ----------

Beal got caught staring at his shot that didn't go in, didn't get back on defense, leading to an easy 2 down the stretch for Houston.

Edited by StillUnknown

Wall and Harden would have been deadly. I don't even comprehend how you can see what is going on in front of you, even this very game, and say the Wiz were better off not making that trade for Harden.

And Harden plays D

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

For my buddy, SM...here's some food for thought.

Player A (23 years old):

47% FG

28% 3pt

76% FT

24.1 PPG

5.2 RPG

6.8 APG

4.2 TO

Player B (23 years old):

42% FG

34% 3pt

84% FT

24.7 PPG

4.4 RPG

5.6 APG

4.1 TO

Player A - one of the best SGs of all-time and a sure-bet HOFer...yup, D.Wade.

Player B - a "not that good" James Harden

*Giving you a hard time about the "not that good" line, but I think you get the point. VERY similar #'s and Harden will only get better. Wizards ****ed up.

I hear you, but it should be pointed out that was Wade's second year in the league and this is Harden's 4th. And that's a pretty big difference in playing style they showed.

The main difference between them, and the reason Harden will never be as good as Wade, is Harden is a pretty average athlete and Wade is a transcendent athlete.

I won't be convinced by Harden unless he leads the Rockets to the playoffs and the team really looks damn good with him as their best player, similar to the way the Bulls made a leap with Derrick Rose in 2010. Right now they're stuck in the exact same place they were last year. That's on Harden IMO. He's the franchise there. It's on him to power them to the next level.

Teams play extra sloppy against us. Its like they know how bad we are, and don't necessarily go all out.

This game has had multiple runs by each team. Not the first time that has happened this season.

I think we also play at a snail's pace and force opponent's to do the same. We play surprisingly hard D. That's why the scores are usually low.

Notice the team's that blow us out are the ones like the Spurs that can shoot the lights out and love to play a half court game.

At least Morrey can find talent via trade and the draft.

I said he is better than Ernie. Thats not up for consideration. :ols:

Morrey is a really bad GM tho.

---------- Post added December-12th-2012 at 10:23 PM ----------

Wall and Harden could have been the best back court in the NBA.

Houston's big problem is the lack of a second scorer and a point guard who shouldnt be starting for them but has a big FA contract so he has to start.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan