Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Beals value now is no where near what it was predraft and there are no star players available for trade let alone for Beal and Singleton.

---------- Post added December-11th-2012 at 08:52 PM ----------

hey Vesely has been found

Any guarding the primary ball handlers apparently. Words fail.

Edited by Destino

What? Fg% is down .062 but his scoring is up by 8 points. I'm sorry but you're just wrong, 24 points per game at .429 is worth the contract. What makes your statement even worse is that the wizards desperately needed that level of scoring and have absolutely NO OTHER WAY OF GETTING IT.

Would you give Monta Ellis that deal? Rudy Gay? Paying players like this that kind of money is how you top out as a 7th or 8th seed.

How closely have you been following him this year? He hasn't been that good and is a legit disappointment as a #1. He is just not a #1 player on a contender and the Rockets are going nowhere. He's gone from being a great shooter to a poor shooter.

It's not just his shooting that's down, but almost all of his numbers except assist rate and PPG, from PER to WS/48 which is way down from last season. He's a complimentary player not a franchise player.

I'm not going to argue the sky being blue with you. The numbers are there.
Might be just a definition issue. Personally I don't think Harden is a max player, either. Star? Probably, considering how weak the 2 guard position is in the league.

Really nice game from Beal. Good work to get the and-1 there at the end. No idea how we're not down 20.

Might be just a definition issue. Personally I don't think Harden is a max player, either. Star? Probably, considering how weak the 2 guard position is in the league.

Really nice game from Beal. Good work to get the and-1 there at the end. No idea how we're not down 20.

This is what we do. We dig a deep hole, make a late run to make the score respectable, lose the game, owner praises the fight of the team.

Rinse and repeat.

I'm not going to argue the sky being blue with you. The numbers are there.

Harden is not a star. He will never be a star. Houston is going nowhere with their current construction and they don't have a ton of flexibility to improve. Harden's value was at it's peak this summer coming off a finals appearance and a spot on the Olympic team plus being the best available SG in an awful SG period for the league. In two years the shine will be gone.

He's not one of two max players on a team in your opinion? 24 ppg on 17 shots isn't good enough? He's the 5th highest scoring player in the NBA and he's 23 years old.

Remind me again how many years the wizards have spent paying Okariza, Lewis, and Arenas 20million or more? Is Grunfeld contagious and have you people been sharing his cup?

---------- Post added December-11th-2012 at 09:21 PM ----------

Harden is not a star. He will never be a star. Houston is going nowhere with their current construction and they don't have a ton of flexibility to improve. Harden's value was at it's peak this summer coming off a finals appearance and a spot on the Olympic team plus being the best available SG in an awful SG period for the league. In two years the shine will be gone.

What year was 24 ppg on 17 shots and 5apg average uninteresting production from a shooting guard?

What year was 24 ppg on 17 shots and 5apg average uninteresting production from a shooting guard?

He's putting up inefficient volume scoring on a team that's the definition of mediocre. In crunch time, when he has to be the man, he's not getting it done.

Last year I had my doubts about him. This year I was ready to buy in on him. Spent a bunch of money on him to get him for my fantasy team. Spent a whole bunch of time whining about how it was a mistake for OKC to trade him and how they're going to be so much worse.

He's been a disappointment pure and simple. I was wrong about him going into this year and OKC actually looks better after getting rid of him. And it looks like Houston is never going to get over the hump with him as their franchise player. It would have been even more of a mistake for us to do so, even more of the burden would have been on him here.

While Harden may or may not be a star ( although i believe he is) most everyone else believes he is. If anything, most people who just casually watch basketball atleast know of him; which is more than we can say of anybody on the wizards. and dont tell me John Wall. I live in china. They love the nba here. Nobody knows a single player on the wizards). This spotlight will attract other star players or extremely serviceable players at discount deals. We, have nothing to attract anyone here. In fact, what we have is a deterrent to any quality players and we will have to over pay for even mediocre talent who will only be here to collect a paycheck.

24ppg on 17 shots is volume scoring on you planet? Look up Dirk Nowitzky and then come back and tell me that again. You are simply wrong.

Btw this is what his pay looks like.

James Harden

Yup clearly far too much to pay a good player. Better to shell that out for trash and role players.

If Singleton could handle the ball, he would be such a good player. A legitimately good offensive player to go along with his defense and rebounding.

Why haven't we made it a point to get him, Booker, Seraphin, and Vesely some handles? Seraphin needs to be able to acquit himself against doubles to take the next step and Ves and Booker are fast enough to get to the rim if they could dribble but both have legitimately terrible handles.

Let's give it more than 19 games. Don't get me wrong, Beal & Singleton for Harden? Every single day of the week, but I wouldn't give him the max any more than I'd give the max to, say, Joe Johnson.

Compare Hardens contract to Joe Johnson's

Joe Johnson

Not even close.

While Harden may or may not be a star ( although i believe he is) most everyone else believes he is. If anything' date=' most people who just casually watch basketball atleast know of him; which is more than we can say of anybody on the wizards. and dont tell me John Wall. I live in china. They love the nba here. Nobody knows a single player on the wizards). This spotlight will attract other star players or extremely serviceable players at discount deals. We, have nothing to attract anyone here. In fact, what we have is a deterrent to any quality players and we will have to over pay for even mediocre talent who will only be here to collect a paycheck.[/quote']

Harden is not going to draw any top notch players to Houston with his name. Harden got his name and cache riding the coat tails of Westbrook and Durant. On a great team he's a glorified role player. On a mediocre team he's a volume scorer who doesn't provide much of an uptick in the W/L column.

Gotta give up on Ves man. There are just too many things that he needs to work on. He cant simultaneously work on his handles, his post game, his spot up game, his rebounding, and his boxing out. Hell he cant even hit his free throws. His only contribution to this team is alley-oops and some ability to help on defense and get out of the way on offense. Im done with him.

Compare Hardens contract to Joe Johnson's

Joe Johnson

Not even close.

Joe Johnson is one of the worst contracts in the NBA and Atlanta was fortunate to get out of that deal after a few years. He's case in point what paying and building around a feaux star like a franchise player gets you. He puts up awesome numbers and has a few skills he does really well and it gets your team nowhere.