Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

No chemistry yet.  They are worse than last year's team right now, but they'll figure it out eventually and become decent.  The question is how deep does the hole get until they do?

Brooks just isn't a good enough coach to work in big new pieces seamlessly.  The players have to figure it out for themselves.

12 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

I wish Uncle Ted had the stones to fire Scotty.

Much bigger than just a new coach. Ted needs to embrace blowing everything up. Yard sale. Getting cap room and picks (which seem like their success happens at random). Handing the keys over to somebody from the outside. He's never done that with either franchise. With the Caps getting lucky with OV and still needing over a decade for it to all come together doesn't show "good" ownership. He keeps underperforming front office people he didn't even bring in for the longest time. GMGM, Ernie. Then keeping guys who worked for those guys. Feels like he turned his underwear inside out to get 2 days of use out of them before moving on to the next pair. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Much bigger than just a new coach. Ted needs to embrace blowing everything up. Yard sale. Getting cap room and picks (which seem like their success happens at random). Handing the keys over to somebody from the outside. He's never done that with either franchise. With the Caps getting lucky with OV and still needing over a decade for it to all come together doesn't show "good" ownership. He keeps underperforming front office people he didn't even bring in for the longest time. GMGM, Ernie. Then keeping guys who worked for those guys. Feels like he turned his underwear inside out to get 2 days of use out of them before moving on to the next pair. 

Exactly.  Anybody who holds on to Grunfeld as long as he did has to be out of touch completely.  Sell the team.  Literally nobody likes the name Wizards.  Change it.  Have the fans vote!  Is it really that hard?  Such a ****ty franchise & owner.

Edited by -JB-

49 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Are you guys turning on Westbrook yet?

I'm not "turning on him" per se but the reality is he's not "Russell Westbrook" anymore.

I mean he'll probably end up with some decent numbers but the explosiveness that made him great is gone.

Of course Houston fans told me this as soon as the trade was made...

Edit: Not implying he stinks or anything but he's no longer "That Guy".

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

I'm already done until they fire Scott Brooks. Waste of time following this team. The stress of watching them fail isn't worth it. I feel sorry for the media guys on NBC Sports Washington. They have to suit up and be miserable through another 30 win season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

This was my fear with the Scott Brooks hire....I have never seen him as a good coach, his whole offense with OKC was to have Durant/Westbrook play ISO hero ball. 

Hire someone like Sam Cassell

I've been on the Cassell bandwagon since he led the summer league team to a championship when he was still here.

• Like 1

But when you looked at the schedule going in, you might've said 1-4, 2-2 at best. The only team they weren't expected to lose to is Chicago. They lost to a Philly team that's better and to an Orlando team that's 4-0 and other than us, beat the EC champions and a playoff team in the West in OKC in their other 2 games. So it's not that they lost these games, it's how they lost them. 120 given up a game, 4th quarter meltdowns, head scratching rotations.

They added Westbrook and Deni, but the existing players haven't improved. Nobody on our team has raised their level of play. Beal and Bertans are out here 10% worse from 3 than they should be. The whole team is basically ice cold from 3. And they can't afford to be missing anybody useful, like Rui.  They need to be full strength at all times.
Edited by justice98