Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I stand by my statement. Feeder franchise behind a terrible owner. Trading wall was a huge mistake. Westbrook is a good player, but his ability to hit shooters in stride is miles behind John’s. John plus Bertans, Deni, and Beal is a better offensive set than Westbrook. 

Also, I thought one of the upsides to trading for Russell was that he’d be available. Yet he’s sitting games out. 

9 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I stand by my statement. Feeder franchise behind a terrible owner. Trading wall was a huge mistake. Westbrook is a good player, but his ability to hit shooters in stride is miles behind John’s. John plus Bertans, Deni, and Beal is a better offensive set than Westbrook. 

Also, I thought one of the upsides to trading for Russell was that he’d be available. Yet he’s sitting games out. 

You keep using the term feeder franchise. Mind defining that?

14 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

He's got the same back to back restrictions as John was going to have.  I don't know why, but that was decided before the season began so it was expected.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's got the same back to back restrictions as John was going to have.  I don't know why, but that was decided before the season began so it was expected.

This makes me even more irritated about the trade:

Didn't gain salary cap relief.

And I'm not convinced we gained the superior player at this point in their careers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

You keep using the term feeder franchise. Mind defining that?

A feeder franchise, or farm team exists as a minor league squad for real contenders. The wizards draft players with actual skill sets, force them into positions they can’t succeed in, scape goat them later, devalue them, and then a contender picks them up For nothing or in a trade with assets included and win championships using their skills as valuable role players. We are a get-right team for contenders and injured players looking to prove themselves to other teams on 1-year MLE deals. The team name is a joke with an origin story of completely ignoring any fan interest. The color commentator who replaced a HOF tandem is a role player that played all of 2 years off the bench in Washington. Chris Miller actively throws shade on the star guys before they are shipped out. There is nothing about this franchise that should be taken seriously. Neither the coaches nor the owner take the team or the fanbase seriously, and it reflects. 

We have a training staff and medical team that should have been scrapped eons ago after they misdiagnosed bone spurs for tendinitis in Wall’s knee for 6 years! Then the same coaching staff that is still here now had the 120lb version of Otto playing rim protector for half of every game. The list is endless. They do not care. The players don’t care. Brad has been worried about being number 1 for three straight years, and guess what. Even at 80%, Wall is still better. And he always will be. If he had played his role as the Ray Allen prospect we drafted, we would have had more success. Now he’s out here dancing as they beat up on the wolves. Bro, you were 0-5... Bertans shows up after months off out of shape. I wish the franchise would just fold and restart. 

25 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

A feeder franchise, or farm team exists as a minor league squad for real contenders. The wizards draft players with actual skill sets, force them into positions they can’t succeed in, scape goat them later, devalue them, and then a contender picks them up For nothing or in a trade with assets included and win championships using their skills as valuable role players. We are a get-right team for contenders and injured players looking to prove themselves to other teams on 1-year MLE deals. The team name is a joke with an origin story of completely ignoring any fan interest. The color commentator who replaced a HOF tandem is a role player that played all of 2 years off the bench in Washington. Chris Miller actively throws shade on the star guys before they are shipped out. There is nothing about this franchise that should be taken seriously. Neither the coaches nor the owner take the team or the fanbase seriously, and it reflects. 

We have a training staff and medical team that should have been scrapped eons ago after they misdiagnosed bone spurs for tendinitis in Wall’s knee for 6 years! Then the same coaching staff that is still here now had the 120lb version of Otto playing rim protector for half of every game. The list is endless. They do not care. The players don’t care. Brad has been worried about being number 1 for three straight years, and guess what. Even at 80%, Wall is still better. And he always will be. If he had played his role as the Ray Allen prospect we drafted, we would have had more success. Now he’s out here dancing as they beat up on the wolves. Bro, you were 0-5... Bertans shows up after months off out of shape. I wish the franchise would just fold and restart. 

how many former Wizards have won championships as valuable role players? (For your own sake, don’t say Javale McGee) Wizards are a lot of things but they are not a feeder franchise. Guys re-sign here. Players in the NBA move around a fair amount. 

Bertrans gives up a dunk to guard a three point attempt and Bryant, while having some better offensive skill than I thought, is just awful defensively. Wiz need to more consistently take advantage of mismatches in the post. 

148-140 pace. @Destinois here for this kinda game. 

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

I expected more shooting from Rui this season, but apparently he went to low post school instead.  

His jumper is still so flat. His post game is greatly improved this year at least.

Westbrick living up to his nickname in this one so far. The offense comes to a grinding halt when he is on the floor without Beal.

Nets and Wiz are similar. Collection of talent with bad coaching and no defense. Maybe Nash will get better over time. 

Imagining coming out of a time out and having a player just launch a deep three. That’s terrible