Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

18 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

He's okay.

There still isn't any talent outside of Westbrook and Beal. Not much depth.

Man, some of you are harsh. Kid just turned 20. Has moved to a different country in just a couple months. He’s played 10 games in his career, and is averaging almost 11 per game, even though he plays with two of the biggest shot stealers in the league.

I think the kid has a long future in this league, and was an excellent choice. Superstar? Maybe not, but certainly a major building block should Ted ever get his head out of his ass, and rebuild.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Man, some of you are harsh. Kid just turned 20. Has moved to a different country in just a couple months. He’s played 10 games in his career, and is averaging almost 11 per game, even though he plays with two of the biggest shot stealers in the league.

I think the kid has a long future in this league, and was an excellent choice. Superstar? Maybe not, but certainly a major building block should Ted ever get his head out of his ass, and rebuild.

If you aren't a superstar within your first 10 games, you are a bust. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wall is 5-14 in 28 minutes with a solid -29. He’s not better. 

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Like I said. Should have traded Beal to Milwaukee for Middleton and a pick to pair with John. Trash organization. Beals been fools gold for 3 years. 

there are still trades to be made and I’d rather they gather young assets than a player like Middleton, who is older than Beal.

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Wall is 5-14 in 28 minutes with a solid -29. He’s not better. 

there are still trades to be made and I’d rather they gather young assets than a player like Middleton, who is older than Beal.

Back then, Mil would have gladly traded Middleton + 1sts for Brad. What did they trade for Jrue again? We shut down all trades on Brad because somehow the 2 straight seasons of building around Brad that ended with the lottery wasn’t clear enough. 

Wall plus an extra first for a 5 was a better option 

6 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Back then, Mil would have gladly traded Middleton + 1sts for Brad. What did they trade for Jrue again? We shut down all trades on Brad because somehow the 2 straight seasons of building around Brad that ended with the lottery wasn’t clear enough. 

Wall plus an extra first for a 5 was a better option 

That’s the problem with not having an actual plan. By the time they went to trade Wall, no other options seemed feasible outside of a straight salary dumb with very little coming back. Which coupled with a Beal trade could’ve been good to clear cap space and add assets. 

At this point I’m looking at teams like Minnesota and Atlanta as potential trade partners. 

There was no reason to trade Wall. His value was as low as it could be. And we ended up having to throw a 1st into the pot as a sweetener just to bring in a guy that doesn’t mesh well with our roster, and is just as much an injury risk. 

They blew it like they always do. No trade should happen without canning Scott Brooks and Shep. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Long n Left said:

I'm not trying to be harsh on the kid, I know he's a rookie but he's still a rookie and RAW. the point is other than westbrook and beal there' sno other options on this team. Plus Bryant went out for the year. So who's on the team other than Westbrook and Beal?

Someone else here even defended it by saying that those 2 take the majority of the shots. So I'm not wrong here. Again, lack of a team. It's 2 players.

This could be an ugly year for Wizards fans.

43 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I'm not trying to be harsh on the kid, I know he's a rookie but he's still a rookie and RAW. the point is other than westbrook and beal there' sno other options on this team. Plus Bryant went out for the year. So who's on the team other than Westbrook and Beal?

Someone else here even defended it by saying that those 2 take the majority of the shots. So I'm not wrong here. Again, lack of a team. It's 2 players.

This could be an ugly year for Wizards fans.

Which is why the Bertans contract is terrible. The third highest paid player should not be one dimensional. Not that you were arguing otherwise, I just like to bash that contract. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 2