Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

17 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

abdc nailed it!

Thanks :)  It seemed obvious, he has experience and is tall enough to at least guard the rim and rebound somewhat decently.  Len hasn't shown much, but at least he is still young and has some versatility to his game.  And he is Terp, so that is a plus haha.  He certainly hasn't panned out since being drafted fifth overall in 2013, but I hope there is a glimmer of skill still left.

• Like 1

Len has been pretty bad everywhere, he’s not a bad off the bench option to find mid season though. 

The bigger issues is the wizards just called in sick during the easiest leg of their early schedule.  They’ll start playing again during a nightmare stretch.  We’re used to seeing this team dig an early hole, but this one might be too deep.

Think this was the first time they held their opponent under 50 at the half. Len has had a nice debut. Hitting some 3s, presence felt on D.

Stunning news story! 4th qtr collapse results in a 20 pt loss.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Like 1

I knoW this won’t shock anyone but despite having half of the team unavailable to play and despite playing a team we haven’t beaten since 1998, every single homer analyst on the pregame show (Chris Miller, Jason, Patsos) predicted the Wiz would win.

Great, realistic analysis guys.

• Haha 2

Nothing against Sheppard but he was like their 3rd choice for GM. Brooks is done. There is no fixing this without blowing it up and starting over. They just don't have the assets and cap room to do it. Don't even trust they have the professionals to move these huge contracts for cap room and draft picks. I would be willing to take less in picks if it meant getting the insane deals off the books. Need to find a 3+ team trade setup and embrace the rebuild..... TED.

5 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Nothing against Sheppard but he was like their 3rd choice for GM. Brooks is done. There is no fixing this without blowing it up and starting over. They just don't have the assets and cap room to do it. Don't even trust they have the professionals to move these huge contracts for cap room and draft picks. I would be willing to take less in picks if it meant getting the insane deals off the books. Need to find a 3+ team trade setup and embrace the rebuild..... TED.

I disagree that they don't have the assets. This team would be well on it's way to rebuilding effectively if they traded Beal now and sat Russ for awhile. (let him get healthy) They would be tanking this season while getting young guys playing time. The bidding for Beal should be an excellent return. I wouldn't worry about clearing cap space in a Beal deal. It's more about accumulating assets and players, in order to make salary match, that can be moved again in a year for additional assets. Teams I'd look at: Minnesota, Sacramento, Atlanta, Miami, NYK, and the Pelicans.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

I disagree that they don't have the assets. This team would be well on it's way to rebuilding effectively if they traded Beal now and sat Russ for awhile. (let him get healthy) They would be tanking this season while getting young guys playing time. The bidding for Beal should be an excellent return. I wouldn't worry about clearing cap space in a Beal deal. It's more about accumulating assets and players, in order to make salary match, that can be moved again in a year for additional assets. Teams I'd look at: Minnesota, Sacramento, Atlanta, Miami, NYK, and the Pelicans.  

I'd be fine with that. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/john-wall-admits-facing-wizards-personal-they-thought-i-was-done

"Most importantly, all I really wanted from the start of all of it was just to be told the truth. That's the most important thing and what made it so hard for me to understand what was going on because I wasn't told the truth. I understand it's a business and things go on and people move on and you get traded, organizations in different ways. When I heard the rumors, I called and asked are these true or are these something not to worry about? From that day forward, all I heard was 'no, those rumors aren't true, don't worry about it.' In all reality, it was true," Wall said.

Sheppard lied to the face of the franchise, according to Wall.

Clean house. Ted? Hello?

• Sad 1

Trading Wall had to be done, lying to him did not.  That’s a mark against Shep and one other players may take note of when he’s after free agents.

What I want to know is how is all the attention on Russ’ health and not Brooks.  What’s it take to get this guy fired?

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Trading Wall had to be done, lying to him did not.  That’s a mark against Shep and one other players may take note of when he’s after free agents.

What I want to know is how is all the attention on Russ’ health and not Brooks.  What’s it take to get this guy fired?

You know how Ted rolls. He justifies keeping Brooks and Shep by pointing to injuries and saying it's not their fault. Anything so he doesn't have to make a tough decision.