Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just now, Renegade7 said:

That was brutal to watch.  I dont like leading the way we did then chocking it away. Better team, they look deep.

Team is dramatically improved from last year and the effort is good.

BUT...that’s a 40 point fourth quarter given up.  You’re gonna lose every time that happens.

Better team wins.

• Like 2

this team needs to learn how to use its talent on offense.  Beal Westbrook and Bertans didn’t generate as many good looks as they should have.  Way too many dumb turnovers in this one.  I think as they figure out how to play together this team is going to be much harder to slow down offensively.  

Unforced turnovers tonight gave the Sixers life.  

• Like 2

I like the addition of Westbrook, but we all knew he was not a good shooter.  He took lots of bad shots tonight.  Too many turnovers for my liking as well.  I'll attribute it to being rusty. 

I think this team will be better, but they will struggle to make the playoffs with that type of defensive effort.

The defense was actually pretty good most of the night. Then Embiid tooka over in the 4th and dominated. Too quick for Lopez. Too strong for Bryant. Hit everything.

Then the dagger dunk for Simmons was more of a gamble by Westbrook that didn't pay off.

Carless turnovers were the most glaring problem.

• Like 3

Felt like the defense fell apart after the offense did.  They lost their composure and it impacted their play on both ends.

Deni looks like he’ll be an excellent nba role player.  He plays like a vet despite being only 19.  He wasn’t really looking to dribble today and still made an impact.  He should have had three more assists but his teammates failed him.  

I like Bonga on defense, but his offense is a bit troubling.  He runs around with blinders on, and I’m not just referring to that one play where Westbrook’s passed it to him and he failed to even notice.  You can see that he’s thinking about where he should be going.  

Thomas Bryant is a lot better when not being a spaz.  Jim Zorn needs to teach that man about the zen of staying medium.  Seriously

Westbrook looked like he had a 50 pound vest on every time he jumped and shot horribly.  Still breezed his way into a triple double though.

Beal was excellent aside from the three hundred turnovers.  

Bertans is an artillery cannon dressed up as a person, the team has to find him more shots.  

TBJ needs to find one thing, any single thing, that he’s good at on the floor.  Seriously, it’s been years.

Ish and Neto should never share the floor.  This is doubly true when TBJ is also on the floor.  

Robin Lopez is what you’d get if Dr Frankenstein couldn’t find a center to fill out his church league roster.  I’m good with him as a backup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Destino said:

Felt like the defense fell apart after the offense did.  They lost their composure and it impacted their play on both ends.

Deni looks like he’ll be an excellent nba role player.  He plays like a vet despite being only 19.  He wasn’t really looking to dribble today and still made an impact.  He should have had three more assists but his teammates failed him.  

I like Bonga on defense, but his offense is a bit troubling.  He runs around with blinders on, and I’m not just referring to that one play where Westbrook’s passed it to him and he failed to even notice.  You can see that he’s thinking about where he should be going.  

Thomas Bryant is a lot better when not being a spaz.  Jim Zorn needs to teach that man about the zen of staying medium.  Seriously

Westbrook looked like he had a 50 pound vest on every time he jumped and shot horribly.  Still breezed his way into a triple double though.

Beal was excellent aside from the three hundred turnovers.  

Bertans is an artillery cannon dressed up as a person, the team has to find him more shots.  

TBJ needs to find one thing, any single thing, that he’s good at on the floor.  Seriously, it’s been years.

Ish and Neto should never share the floor.  This is doubly true when TBJ is also on the floor.  

Robin Lopez is what you’d get if Dr Frankenstein couldn’t find a center to fill out his church league roster.  I’m good with him as a backup.

This is an excellent, hilarious write up. I expect this after every loss. OR at least occasionally. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Thanks 1

Is there an NBA thread?  Maybe I didn't look hard enough (oh whoops it is right below me).  This Kings/Nuggets game is incredibly entertaining, double OT possibly coming.  I feel like Harrison Barnes is an incredibly underrated player.  Always doing everything right to win.

Wow!!!! Hield with the tip for the win!  

Edited by abdcskins