Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Deni isn’t having a good shooting night, but he looks way too comfortable on the floor for a rookie.  He handles double teams like a vet.  Both he and Bonga look better than TBJ. 

Thomas Bryant is trying to fight Blake Griffin.  Blake is unconcerned by this and seems to be laughing at him.  Wizards are down 20.  Double tech.  Good times.

edit:  TB. hung on the rim and got his second tech.  He should be gone but somehow he is still playing.  The game within the game is getting interesting.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Wizars.

Defense still the biggest issue. If their shots aren't falling the scores will be ugly. Like tonight.

They’re in mid season form with the Scott Brooks no man’s land signature defense.  They give up corner three without dribble penetration.  It’s like Brooks coaching them to avoid Covid by not getting too close to anyone.

• Haha 3

Here’s how I see it in terms of who gets playing time in the regular rotation.

Russ - Ish (Neto gets minutes when Russ rests or if Ish doesn’t snap the hell out of his funk)

Beal - TBJ (Robinson is butt, seriously the guy just isn’t an NBA player)

Bonga - Bertans - Deni (I like Denis chances at winning the starting role by seasons end) 

Rui - Bertans - Wagner (only if needed)

Bryant - Lopez

The end of game lineup: Beal Russ Bertans Rui and Lopez.  

Wizard finish 7th if all players stay healthy.  East will be more competitive than usual this year.  

6 hours ago, Destino said:

Here’s how I see it in terms of who gets playing time in the regular rotation.

Russ - Ish (Neto gets minutes when Russ rests or if Ish doesn’t snap the hell out of his funk)

Beal - TBJ (Robinson is butt, seriously the guy just isn’t an NBA player)

Bonga - Bertans - Deni (I like Denis chances at winning the starting role by seasons end) 

Rui - Bertans - Wagner (only if needed)

Bryant - Lopez

The end of game lineup: Beal Russ Bertans Rui and Lopez.  

Wizard finish 7th if all players stay healthy.  East will be more competitive than usual this year.  

I would like to think that the end of game lineup and really throughout the last 2 minutes in a close game, there will be a lot of offense for defense subs and vice versa. Who is the best SF defender or PF defender?

3 hours ago, Destino said:

Deni might be the best SF on the team and he’s a rookie.  I was down when we drafted him, but we might have gotten a good one. 

I'm still not impressed....his first game he hit everything, since then he's played exactly how I expected him to. Not really a threat from outside, but he cleans up the boards and can find an open player. He got his layup blocked into smithereens off the backboard because he isn't an explosive leaper....it reminded me of myself :ols: 

33 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I'm still not impressed....his first game he hit everything, since then he's played exactly how I expected him to. Not really a threat from outside, but he cleans up the boards and can find an open player. He got his layup blocked into smithereens off the backboard because he isn't an explosive leaper....it reminded me of myself :ols: 

That’s standard rookie stuff man.  Deni has that high IQ and doesn’t panic.  That will keep him in the league and getting some minutes.  If he fills some gaps in his game over the first three season he’s good.  If not, he’s like most rookies and tops out as a limited role player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He caught the crazy contagious viral (and untreatable) form of pink eye.  Just have to let it run it’s course.  It will be a miracle if teammates don’t come down with it given that they were sharing a basketball.  Bad luck.

Covid precautions may have helped because I’m sure they’re constantly wiping down surfaces.   This also reinforces the whole “don’t touch your face” rule of avoiding contagious disease we heard so much about early in the pandemic.

At least he wasn’t kicked in the balls so hard he required surgery.  Again.  

I’m as excited as I’ve been to watch the wizards as I’ve been in years.  If they stay healthy I think they can be 6th or 7th in a suddenly very competitive eastern conference.  Nets, Bucks, 76ers, Celtics, Raptors, and Heat are all excellent teams.  After them you’ve got Pacers, Magic, and a Hawks team everyone expects to be much improved.  That’s nine teams not including the Wizards.  Should be a fun season.  

• Like 3