Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

35 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You dont know what you're talking about 

Even if this town cares about the Wizards do you really think a premiere superstar is going to come to play for this organization? Players flock to teams to win championships. You cannot win a championship in DC with this current roster, which is why you need a superstar, but you can't GET one because they don't want to play here. It's a Catch-22. 

34 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Even if this town cares about the Wizards do you really think a premiere superstar is going to come to play for this organization? Players flock to teams to win championships. You cannot win a championship in DC with this current roster, which is why you need a superstar, but you can't GET one because they don't want to play here. It's a Catch-22. 

Ah, well you do know what you're talking about lol. Thats the real problem here. The org is trash and the word is out. The fans doing what fans do is besides the point though. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/ted-leonsis-wizards-not-trading-bradley-beal-john-wall-or-otto-porter-jr

"We'll see what's out there," Leonsis said when asked if they plan on making any moves. "But I'm not tanking, right? I love when they go, 'trade Bradley Beal. Trade John Wall. Trade Otto Porter.' And I go 'ok, for who?' We're not trading any of those players."

7 hours ago, Chachie said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/ted-leonsis-wizards-not-trading-bradley-beal-john-wall-or-otto-porter-jr

"We'll see what's out there," Leonsis said when asked if they plan on making any moves. "But I'm not tanking, right? I love when they go, 'trade Bradley Beal. Trade John Wall. Trade Otto Porter.' And I go 'ok, for who?' We're not trading any of those players."

state tv checking in

thats like saying Mahinmi makes 16mil, he HAS to make it work

• Sad 1

Beal is a stud. I have no issues not wanting to trade him. You'll never get fair value for him. He's young and his contract is actually fine.

Wall I can understand the sentament. He was on the verge of all out superstardom but injuries have hurt him big time and now his contract is about to be a massive burden. I think we had a legit shot trading him, now we're stuck with him.

Porter is nowhere near a founational player. Absolutely awful contract.

Porter is going to be replaced by Sam Dekker in the lineup if he is injured for a bit more...

Put Jordan McRae into the rotation more.

Put Thomas Bryant into the rotation more.

Dekker, McRae and Bryant are like "Spurs players" -- but EG went out, max'd Porter, signed Mahiami, and has done nothing to find the diamonds in the rough.  Oh, well Sato....

Ok, I suppose I'm drunk on some benchmoblove juju....

9 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Otto is such a foundational player that you allow your coach to bench your $125 mil player in favor of vet min journeyman, and play him out of position which frequently sends him to the medical staff... 

Dysfunction in the FO.  Any time the message from one part varies wildly from the actions of another, that means dysfunction.

This is not going to end well.  I am absolutely certain of that.  The only question is how many are going to get taken out in the blast radius once this thing finally craters?

The wizard can’t buy a bucket against the sorry Hawks.  Odds of creeping into that 8th spot are looking less likely everyday.

Will Otto ever become a consistently better offensive player than Jeff Green?  That’s a low bar, but here we are.

Edit: Mcrae out there doing it.

33 minutes ago, Destino said:

The wizard can’t buy a bucket against the sorry Hawks.  Odds of creeping into that 8th spot are looking less likely everyday.

Will Otto ever become a consistently better offensive player than Jeff Green?  That’s a low bar, but here we are.

Edit: Mcrae out there doing it.

You mean not "everyone is eating"?

• Sad 1

"But we're better without Wall, how how how can we be down double digits to the Hawks at home?"

I'm being driven to wanting to see other teams in person and hoping the Wizards win.  

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

That phrase proved to have to many sharp edges for this particular locker room.  

Can't have nice things apparently.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

"But we're better without Wall, how how how can we be down double digits to the Hawks at home?"

I'm being driven to wanting to see other teams in person and hoping the Wizards win.  

Can't have nice things apparently.

We lose to bad teams with Wall.  This team’s special move is not showing up against bums.

• Like 2