Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

New Orleans is under no obligation to trade Davis to a contender. They need what is best for the franchise, and Beal+Ariza/Green+1st is a better deal that anyone else can offer. (it would have been better if they had Beal+Oubre+1st...) They can sell the franchise on rebuilding around likeable youth and potential, rather than just losing him to a contender for whatever they dont want.

You make the trade, resign Satoransky to 4 year-40mil, sign JR smith to a vet min deal to fill the 2-guard hole, hope Howard is good to go for next year, hope Bryant stays for cheap, and fill the rest of the roster with Go-Go players. Wall+JR+Otto+Davis+Howard is a contender in the East. In 2 years, Otto will be an expiring, and we can get out of Otto (if its still not working out) and Ian's contracts to make room for John Max and Max Davis. People will come for cheap if we are a contender. Ideally Scott Brooks and Ernie would not be making the decisions here, but there is just no reason to wish for such things anymore.

• Like 1

Is the plan really that AD will come to DC and be so impressed by the professionalism of John Wall and will enjoy playing with Dwight Howard so much, that he'll agree to sign a long-term deal? That's what you are selling?

"Look, AD, John is working really hard to get back to the team. He's been sober during 80 percent of his rehab work. It's inspiring. And, seriously, the ninth time Dwight puts a whoopie cushion under you during an interview is when it really starts to get funny."

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 6:24 PM, Destino said:

Spurs got a ton of midrange shooting.  Not something you run into very much in this era.

They always zig when everyone else zags. It doesn't always work, but if 30 teams are looking for stretch 4s and 5s in order to play Warriors ball, it should stand to reason that there would be glut of guys with mid-range games. A super efficient mid-range game is not necessarily a bad thing. You can still win with a prime Wade-type player. It's a prime-Iverson type that really doesn't work in this era.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Is the plan really that AD will come to DC and be so impressed by the professionalism of John Wall and will enjoy playing with Dwight Howard so much, that he'll agree to sign a long-term deal? That's what you are selling?

"Look, AD, John is working really hard to get back to the team. He's been sober during 80 percent of his rehab work. It's inspiring. And, seriously, the ninth time Dwight puts a whoopie cushion under you during an interview is when it really starts to get funny."

Sober?

33 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Put down whatever you are smoking and back away from the keyboard.

And your plan is what exactly? Sit and **** about how we suck?

16 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Yea, that is a better plan than just sitting and hoping the Wall+Brad+Porter combination will work. Also, Dwight has a player option. We have no choice but to hope he comes back and plays. Dude was actually playing well until the injury flared up. Anthony Davis took GS to the ropes with Rajon Rondo, so yes, I think Wall+Davis is a great pairing for both involved. Im selling a good 1-2 combo that doesnt have to face Lebron/Harden/GS/Pop.

21 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

"Look, AD, John is working really hard to get back to the team. He's been sober during 80 percent of his rehab work. It's inspiring."

You have no idea what you are talking about.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

How many games have we lost to below .500 teams? I think the Cavs have beaten us twice already and they're one of the worst rosters in the history of professional sports.

I cannot possibly count at this point the amount of times I have raged in this thread about just beating the teams we're "supposed" to beat. It's the one and only "demand" I had for the Wizards coming into this season. Just beat bad teams. That's it. That's all I asked.

Every time they lose to a bad team, Wall or Beal end up in a post-game interview saying, "We underestimated them." I no longer have the words left to address that.

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Come. on. That's funny.

Because John Wall has never showed up for a workout looking like he just three days on a yacht with four strippers.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/07/john-wall-team-usa-photo-twitter-reaction-wizards-basketball-nba

42 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

How many games have we lost to below .500 teams? I think the Cavs have beaten us twice already and they're one of the worst rosters in the history of professional sports.

Not enough to tank and thats what really matters 

30 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

And your plan is what exactly? Sit and **** about how we suck?

Yea, that is a better plan than just sitting and hoping the Wall+Brad+Porter combination will work. Also, Dwight has a player option. We have no choice but to hope he comes back and plays. Dude was actually playing well until the injury flared up. Anthony Davis took GS to the ropes with Rajon Rondo, so yes, I think Wall+Davis is a great pairing for both involved. Im selling a good 1-2 combo that doesnt have to face Lebron/Harden/GS/Pop.

Is there anyone on this site that has advocated the Wiz just sit and hope the team gets better?

Having said that, I’d rather have Wall/Beal/Porter than a starting 5 that includes Howard and JR Smith. Furthermore, AD next to Howard makes no sense and your starting five doesn’t isn’t an Eastern conference contender. You have a team with no bench, a terrible locker room, no salary cap flexibility and a starting 5 full of players that get hurt regularly. 

I have a problem with trashing John with clown comments when he has been great to this city and franchise. Dude never once complained about not having the right pieces, even if he should have. He does more for the DC and Raleigh communities than almost anyone. He goes out and plays through injuries to keep the team competitive all the time. Meanwhile, Brad comes for the crown, misses, and has his crew leak his unwillingness to resign 4 years from now, but no one even bats an eye. John is not Gil, and its just annoying to see local people rag on him as if he were some malcontent.

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Is there anyone on this site that has advocated the Wiz just sit and hope the team gets better?

Having said that, I’d rather have Wall/Beal/Porter than a starting 5 that includes Howard and JR Smith. Furthermore, AD next to Howard makes no sense and your starting five doesn’t isn’t an Eastern conference contender. You have a team with no bench, a terrible locker room, no salary cap flexibility and a starting 5 full of players that get hurt regularly. 

We already have a team with no bench, no salary cap flexibility, and a starting 5 with players that are injury prone. This makes no difference. AD is a 4, not a 5. Playing him extensively at the 5, while effective, is what gets him injured all the time. ( same situation with playing Otto at the 4).

Wall/Beal/Porter will never win anything in this league unless you have a stud at the 5. This is why tanking the season and aiming for Zion was ideal. Its too late for that option.

• Like 1

If New Orleans would accept Beal + first + expiring role player for Anthony Davis, by God you take that deal.  You don't even hesitate for a moment in pulling the trigger.  You're sacrificing a mid teens pick and a year of team control on a second star for a massive upgrade.  We'd have the best under 30 talent in the game on our team.  The move would transform us.  I would literally trade anything in our cupboard for Anthony Davis, so long as I got to keep one of Wall or Beal.

And what have we really got to lose?  This construction is doomed.  We're about a year or two away from trading John and Brad and blowing everything up again anyway.

It's not going to happen, even though it might be the only move that could save us.  Good things don't happen to us.

• Like 2

It won’t happen because ted is too chicken**** to offer brad, for fear he will pout should it fail. The same reason gortat was never traded when he still had good value. But I pray for once this season they do the smart thing. We are already 0-6:

retained EG

retained Brooks

drafted a 3rd straight small forward

Signed Dwight Howard + player option without a medical check 

traded Oubre + Rivers for Ariza to get the 8th seed

refused to tank the second wall was shut down with the next heir apparent slated for the 1st overall. 

• Like 1

Otto is forever limping.  He just has no durability in his legs.

This has been one of the few fun games to watch.  Offense has still been a bit of an eye-sore, particularly when Ariza gets a little ambitious with the ball in his hand.  But when they're running in transition and attacking the rim and passing it around off second chances, it's been great.  The effort has been outstanding.

The hope for catching games like this one is the only reason I'm still tuning in this year.

35 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

A little painful to admit this but Thomas Bryant has been the weak link lately.  Hopefully he's just hitting a wall.  But man is he a bad interior defender.  He's lost out there.

Every opposing big scores on him relatively easily.  He’s got a lot to learn and he needs to get stronger.  Still love watching him though.  

This might have been the best game the wizards played all season.  They were damn good on both ends.  

The issue with the Wizards is there is apathy in this town for the Wizards and no superstar wants to come play here. AD would never want to come here. 

AD belongs in LA with his boy LeBron. They share the same agent, so there's that. Bring AD to LA with LABron and watch magic happen! :hi:B):headbang::816: