Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Ernie should have already offered Wall and a first.  New Orleans would tank the rest of this season and get a great draft pick, then have a healthy Wall next year to play with the rookies.  

Doubt they’d take it because every team in the nba would rather have Beal.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This is the trade to make.  Tell New Orleans to pick one of either Wall or Beal and whatever else you want.  Maybe they can find a better package of picks, but if they're looking to make a deal before the deadline, it won't come from Boston.

I'm not even being a homer, but I honestly don't think (of all the teams rumored to be suitors for AD) that anyone outside of the Wizards can put together a better package.  Beal, right now, IS the 2nd best 2-guard in the league on a great contract and he's ONLY 25.  Yes, there are teams who can put together packages w/ young assets...but Beal isn't in his prime and is scratching the surface with his potential.  New Orleans would potentially be getting a guy who you can plug in right now and get you 24-30ppg on any given night.  Beal/Morris/Picks...GET IT DONE.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

I'm not even being a homer, but I honestly don't think (of all the teams rumored to be suitors for AD) that anyone outside of the Wizards can put together a better package.  Beal, right now, IS the 2nd best 2-guard in the league on a great contract and he's ONLY 25.  Yes, there are teams who can put together packages w/ young assets...but Beal isn't in his prime and is scratching the surface with his potential.  New Orleans would potentially be getting a guy who you can plug in right now and get you 24-30ppg on any given night.  Beal/Morris/Picks...GET IT DONE.  

They will want controllable assets and Beal is only under contract for two more seasons. New Orleans won't want to be in that situation again with a star player that will leave.  

I called for this trade weeks ago. It’s the best option we have going forward. You trade Beal, our 1st, and Morris/green/someone for Davis. That’s the best deal NO will get for Davis. If Davis stays, great! If he leaves, then the rebuild begins. Either way thats a positive direction, and at least we can say we took a shot. No one is trading for wall, and if they did we would get expiring high salary dead weight in return. Beal is the best trade asset in the league, and wall + athletic Allstar big man has been the dream since he was drafted. 

As for playing for a contender: so now you can’t go play on any team unless it’s Lebron’s current team, GS, SA, or Boston? Wall and Davis would be the best guard to big man combo in the league. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

He wants to play in LA.  I read an article that said they expect his agent to come out sometime soon and state that AD wants to go to the Lakers and will not sign an extension with any other team if traded there. 

One year rental........no team is going to want to give up what it's going to take to land him if he isn't going to sign an extension, with exception of Boston (my opinion) because they can offer a package good enough with picks and still have a talented roster while having first round draft picks from other trades.  The only thing working against them is they can't make the trade until July 1st.

But, that can work in favor of the Pelicans because they have stated they are in no rush to trade him before the deadline unless the offer is too good to pass up.  The Lakers can give them a good offer.  Sure, no player they would offer is as good as Beal, but if he doesn't want to play there, why would you want them to give all that up for a one year rental?  

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

He wants to play in LA.  I read an article that said they expect his agent to come out sometime soon and state that AD wants to go to the Lakers and will not sign an extension with any other team if traded there. 

That would be problematic for the integrity of the league. Not that the league really cares

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

That would be problematic for the integrity of the league. Not that the league really cares

39 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I don't see that hurting the integrity of the league, it's really the only bargaining chip his camp has right now.  What would hurt the integrity of the league would be another incident where the league denies the trade (to anywhere), like the CP to LA one.  If I was a team, I'd have no problem with them saying that, considering what's at stake for any team that was thinking about tossing a bunch of players and future draft picks to NO for a player that is not guaranteed to sign an extension after one more season.

At least then, I'd think twice about making an offer and giving up a kings ransom for a one year rental.  If I were LA though, I'd try my best to get him before the trade deadline though, because if the Pelican's wait, like they have stated they are fine with, then come July 1st, the Celtics would have more fire power and what I think would be a better package to offer than LA could.  

Apparently Danny A. is not going to shy away from making an offer when they can, regardless if they say it's a one year rental or not.  AD to Boston makes them eastern conference favorites immediately.  They add him and make the finals, even the conference finals, his mind could be changed.  And they would still have draft picks to put pieces around him and Kyrie.  

A lot of us thought that PG13 wouldn't resign with the Thunder and join LeBron in LA, but he stayed.  The Pelican's really control everything cause they can wait.  But if I'm AD, I'm happy going to LA or Boston.  Boston is probably the only other team that is not the Lakers that might be able to get him to sign an extension.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hersh said:

They will want controllable assets and Beal is only under contract for two more seasons. New Orleans won't want to be in that situation again with a star player that will leave.  

I'd rather take a gamble on Beal, than two guys in Lonzo/Kuz. 

No one knows what BEal's FA plans are aside from insiders saying he won't be in DC past his current deal.  He could re-up with whatever team that trades for him.  Did anyone see Paul George re-signing w/ OKC?  You just never know...

6 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

One year rental........no team is going to want to give up what it's going to take to land him if he isn't going to sign an extension, with exception of Boston (my opinion) because they can offer a package good enough with picks and still have a talented roster while having first round draft picks from other trades.  The only thing working against them is they can't make the trade until July 1st.

But, that can work in favor of the Pelicans because they have stated they are in no rush to trade him before the deadline unless the offer is too good to pass up.  The Lakers can give them a good offer.  Sure, no player they would offer is as good as Beal, but if he doesn't want to play there, why would you want them to give all that up for a one year rental?  

I'd still take that gamble.  The Kawhi deal is working out right now for the Raptors even with the strong possibility that he's bolting when his contract expires.

1.5 year gamble on AD > 2.5 years of having Beal on the roster.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hersh said:

As much as we discuss the Wall contract, the Porter one is way worse. 

Im shocked that Otto is not responding well to being benched for Ariza and Jeff Green. Shocked! Some might even say that it is adversely affecting his game.

The guy was one of the most efficient players for 3 straight years and then Scott Brooks tried to make him and everyone else on the team iso players. It killed Otto's game, destroyed the flow for the first 2 months, and made roles unclear to everyone.

Why are we even talking about Otto's contract? It means nothing. We arent losing because of that contract. We are losing because we are running two 30+ year old small forwards who are past their prime for almost 40 minutes a game, and there are no bigs outside of Thomas Bryant to be seen. There are no roles. Who's job is it to box out on rebounds? Who's job is it to set screens? Why are we even trying right now? Tank the season, package a trade with Brad for Anthony Davis, and reset for next year. There is no chance we win anything this year, and there is an even smaller chance that we attract a free agent to DC. So make a trade, hope that we have enough success next year to convince AD to stay, or clean house and reboot the roster if he leaves.